November 2009 Code Watch

The e-mail I got from Disney Visa about this new free dining code today states the following: "Hurry, before this offer goes on sale to the general public on July 27!" Therefore, it looks like the same offer will become available to everyone on Monday.

Yep, I got the same e-mail.

Good thing I checked in here first this morning and had my trip booked by 9 a.m. because the Visa e-mail didn't hit my inbox until 6:00 tonight.

Yep, I got the same e-mail.

Good thing I checked in here first this morning and had my trip booked by 9 a.m. because the Visa e-mail didn't hit my inbox until 6:00 tonight.

And I still haven't gotten an e-mail from Visa and I even called yesterday to ask about it! :mad:

Thank goodness for the DIS; I found out about it here and was able to change my ressie to include free dining! :woohoo:

And I still haven't gotten an e-mail from Visa and I even called yesterday to ask about it! :mad:

Thank goodness for the DIS; I found out about it here and was able to change my ressie to include free dining! :woohoo:

I think everything is hit or miss, ya know? You can really rely on the DIS for the newest and most reliable info. I'm still waiting for an e-mail confirmation, the CM who did my reservation this morning said that I'll be receiving a hard copy, but I've read here that others received e-mail confirmations. ARGH! I'm probably way too obsessive about this entire thing. ;)

I never was this stressed about a code before! It's gotten so expensive at the GF and I assured my parents and in-laws when we booked that the deals would be amazing...

I really don't want FD to be the only new discount that comes out - I was kinda hoping they'd do that 4/3 deal again. Got that back in 2003 and it was a 45% savings for us! FD would save about $1000 for us and $800 for each set of grandparents. Even a 25% discount would be a bigger savings, and on a total room/ticket pkg. of $4000 and change, that's a big difference...I have a terrific DU agent and am wondering if I should ask her to try for the FD on Monday, then try again when a pkg. code comes out if it's better, but I feel guilty asking her to do that twice for me! Silly, isn't it?

Fingers crossed for everyone!

:sunny:

I never was this stressed about a code before! It's gotten so expensive at the GF and I assured my parents and in-laws when we booked that the deals would be amazing...

I really don't want FD to be the only new discount that comes out - I was kinda hoping they'd do that 4/3 deal again. Got that back in 2003 and it was a 45% savings for us! FD would save about $1000 for us and $800 for each set of grandparents. Even a 25% discount would be a bigger savings, and on a total room/ticket pkg. of $4000 and change, that's a big difference...I have a terrific DU agent and am wondering if I should ask her to try for the FD on Monday, then try again when a pkg. code comes out if it's better, but I feel guilty asking her to do that twice for me! Silly, isn't it?

Fingers crossed for everyone!

:sunny:

Well with a new job prospect on the horizon, I may have to change my trip...but it would be to January...so didn't that fall under last years promo??? :banana: Good luck getting your discount! and no it is not silly!

you misunderstood what i wrote, and proved my point.

I said disney will not release discounts to the general public. Pin codes via postcard and e-mails are not to the general public. They are specific to those who receive them, non-transferable, and have already gone out to thousands of recipients. I highly doubt disney will release any deals like 4+3, or 7-for-4, or free dining to the general public for october thru december simply because of the reasons i've stated: The holidays will bring people in anyway. A visa cardholder discount like 2008 is practically a given; and continual codes and pins for a few lucky recipients, sure; but don't count on anything for the general public. Read some of the other threads on these boards, and you'll see the sheer numbers already booked for december is staggering. Why would disney release codes to give them additional discounts? They wouldn't. That's why they're sending out the occasional pin.

wrong!!!!

You misunderstood what I wrote, and proved my point.

I said Disney will not release discounts to the general public. PIN codes via postcard and e-mails are NOT to the general public. They are specific to those who receive them, non-transferable, and have already gone out to thousands of recipients. I highly doubt Disney will release any deals like 4+3, or 7-for-4, or Free Dining to the general public for October thru December simply because of the reasons I've stated: the holidays will bring people in anyway. A Visa cardholder discount like 2008 is practically a given; and continual codes and PINs for a few lucky recipients, sure; but don't count on anything for the general public. Read some of the other threads on these boards, and you'll see the sheer numbers already booked for December is staggering. Why would Disney release codes to give them additional discounts? They wouldn't. That's why they're sending out the occasional PIN.

I won't say those 4 words you might be expecting me to say.

wrong!!!!

I won't say those 4 words you might be expecting me to say.

Wow. That poster must have really gotten under your skin. That was from a month ago and you were waiting all this time to reply?

We couldn't be happier. We got our first e-mail pin about a week ago and are saving even more money than either of the public discounts. We can't lose with Disney and we can't wait for December! :cool1: GLTA!!!

My parents are staying only 3 nights @ a Moderate/King bed, beginning Nov. 2 and didn't want the meal plan. So we just found a "room only" discount code (KHP) It was a savings of over 200 dollars. Not too bad on a 3 night stay!

we are going the earlier week, less crowds and less decorations, since my last trip (my kids 1st!!!) it was beg. of Dec, so they have seen the world Christmas style. I was hoping for them to see without, or to at least see the transition from no/little decorations to lots. ;)

and yea...free dining, imagine if that were to be extended into Nov? I would be so excited, I would probably pee my pants!!!!! :rotfl: :lmao: :joker: :rolleyes2 :faint:

I posted this back on January 24th. LOL!

No, I did NOT pee my pants today...well maybe just a teaspoon... after I saved $550!!! ROFLMAO

Trying to get our TA to apply the room discount to our reservation. The savings will be about $300 or so. Not as good as the deal last year, but oh well. A discount is a discount!

It's a good thing I checked the boards today. Do you know that I have a Disney Visa and I STILL haven't gotten anything in my email about the free dining?!?!? I called and got free dining Nov 14-20th though at CSR!! Yeah!!!

It's a good thing I checked the boards today. Do you know that I have a Disney Visa and I STILL haven't gotten anything in my email about the free dining?!?!? I called and got free dining Nov 14-20th though at CSR!! Yeah!!!

Good for you! I have a Disney Visa and I don't think I've ever gotten mail notification of any codes, rates, etc.

Well... It seems like the room only discount isn't as good a deal as Free Dining. Did my calculations and realized that it'll make more sense to go with Free Dining. So... :woohoo:
This will be our 1st FD experience. Now I have to go plan for all those ADRs. This is my only worry now. I'm thrilled to be able to go to Disney again, and with a discount to boot!!:banana::santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter