NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Thread~ Everybody is Welcome~Part 3 already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe we have reached the third thread for November. We are sooo looking forward to attending :banana::cool1::banana::cool1:

I think it got lost within the 2nd thread, which is understandable with all of the posts and information going on over there. Can you please add us to the front page?

We will be at All-Star Movies from November 11th - 16th and attending MVMCP on Thursday, November 15th.

Right now our park days look like this:

11/11/12 - Epcot - F&W

11/12/12 - Hollywood Studios

11/13/12 - Animal Kingdom

11/14/12 - Epcot

11/15/12 - Magic Kingdom

11/16/12 - Magic Kingdom?

Right now we have booked with free dining and upgraded from QS to regular DP, just need to sit down and figure out where we need to eat and make our ADRs. I know we are already past our 180 days out and really need to make our ADRs.

The problem is we are traveling with another family and haven't had a chance to sit down with them to discuss where they want to eat. Plus we are keeping it a secret from our 2 DDs until the drive down. :scared1::scared1:

Good luck with the ADR's, it's before CLP so you should still be able to do stuff. I changed some days around on mine last night and other than CRT, CP and some days for TH I didn't have much of a problem getting the times I wanted.

We'll be at Epcot on 11/11 and Animal Kingdom on 11/13 too!!!:cheer2:

I'm betting there will be some soft openings that we'll get to take advantage of :thumbsup2

They don't take ADR's for soft openings, do they? I'm not that flexible, I like having a time to show up, so I'm really hoping for ADR's:wizard: but I guess we'll take what we get...:lmao:

They don't take ADR's for soft openings, do they? I'm not that flexible, I like having a time to show up, so I'm really hoping for ADR's:wizard: but I guess we'll take what we get...:lmao:

I think she was talking about test track.

Oh you know me, fried brain and all:rotfl: but I did read that they sometimes roll out the restaurants with soft openings, a week or so before the ADR's start, but I just can't imagine fighting through crowds for that.

Then again I may have dreamt the whole soft opening thing, don't pay any attention to me.:rolleyes1

Hey there....I did just double check my ressie and yes you are right, its for 4:15pm at GG not 5:15pm sorry for the confusion. I think the time will work out perfectly for us and allow us plenty of time to get to the Illuminations for fireworks etc. Hopefully now most of the planning is done. Yay!!

Oh you know me, fried brain and all:rotfl: but I did read that they sometimes roll out the restaurants with soft openings, a week or so before the ADR's start, but I just can't imagine fighting through crowds for that.

Then again I may have dreamt the whole soft opening thing, don't pay any attention to me.:rolleyes1

You are right. They do soft openings for resturants as well. So maybe your brain isn't fried after all. :rotfl2:

I know I was just thinking how sad it will be too, at least we'll have Christmas to get wrapped up in when we return.:)That should help.

And here I am, never been to Disney and already thinking when my next trip should be. Do you guys always go in November or do you do other months? I'm thinking I wouldn't want to plan my next trip without you guys!:upsidedow

DH and I have been in November one other time, Dec one other time, Sept. many times, Oct twice and April once. We love the empty parks in September, but the heat can be brutal! Nothing wrong with looking ahead, either. That's what keeps us going.;)

We had such an active Sept thread last year that many of us continued afterward for a while. :goodvibes

I just want to say how nice it is to have a thread like this one to go to and know you're going to get your questions answered, no one is going to flame anyone, and there's nothing but happy people sharing their love for Disney and hoping the best for everyone. It's safe here.:love:

A special thanks to Mommieofthreeprincesses for doing such an awesome job of keeping everything up to date and supplying a lot of the great info found here. :flower3:

I'm betting there will be some soft openings that we'll get to take advantage of :thumbsup2

Do they do soft openings for rides??? I guess they did for Dumbo, right? I remember one time RnRc was in referb while we were there and scheduled to open the day after we left. I kept going back there to see if they would open early, but no luck!:sad2: Here's hoping for soft openings for everything!:yay:

WELL...we have switched resorts!! Our older son decided he really doesn't want to miss a week of school (He's a Jr in High school now,) and so he's gonna stay with family..anyhoo,..since we are down to 4 we moved to the WL!! I am excited--we only stayed there one night a couple of years ago-it was our last full night and we got a Deluxe room/junior suite--I looooved the CL and the lounge!!!:love: So,...we are going back! Right now we are booked in a Courtyard View--I am trying to get us into a standard view CL room, but having some trouble. The website is showing availability but the cm's are saying nothing is available. I have called twice today, so short of canceling my first trip and redoing all my ADRs, I am kinda stuck!! Guess I should call tomorrow and try again--any ideas?

Yes, Test Track :thumbsup2 But they do also have soft openings for restaurants sometimes!

Erin, I need to change my CP- we are now 11/29 12:45pm at Via Napoli for the 5pm show :thumbsup2 DH didn't want to miss Le Cellier so I had to do some ADR shifting!!

And here I am, never been to Disney and already thinking when my next trip should be. Do you guys always go in November or do you do other months? I'm thinking I wouldn't want to plan my next trip without you guys!:upsidedow

We've gone in late April, mid-May, mid and late Sept, and mid Dec. This is our 1st time going in Nov. Not sure when our next trip will be yet.

I love the new thread! It looks wonderful. Thanks Mommy3princesses27:)
I think just my arrival date is listed (probably because I was unsure what we were doing when I first joined in). We are staying from November 3-11 at WL CL. No MVMCP for us:(

It has been so much fun. Sometimes I stop and think about what it is going to be like when all of our trips are over. That just depresses me. And not just because the trip is over.....but because this thread will be over. :sad2::sad1:

:idea: So we should all just go with mommyof3 on her cruise. :rotfl:

Lol, I think we will be on here for a while after our trips to give our reviews and trip reports and help each other over the Post Disney Depression. We will have to help each other plan our next trip. I'm not sure if we will do Disney again right away or not. We will see how things go. DH is not a Disney lover yet but he's never been with me before:love:

We are going to plan on doing Beaches Turks and Caicos again in June of 2015 (how's that for planning ahead, lol) for DD's HS graduation. We will see what other trips we can add to the mix.

WELL...we have switched resorts!! Our older son decided he really doesn't want to miss a week of school (He's a Jr in High school now,) and so he's gonna stay with family..anyhoo,..since we are down to 4 we moved to the WL!! I am excited--we only stayed there one night a couple of years ago-it was our last full night and we got a Deluxe room/junior suite--I looooved the CL and the lounge!!!:love: So,...we are going back! Right now we are booked in a Courtyard View--I am trying to get us into a standard view CL room, but having some trouble. The website is showing availability but the cm's are saying nothing is available. I have called twice today, so short of canceling my first trip and redoing all my ADRs, I am kinda stuck!! Guess I should call tomorrow and try again--any ideas?

We re booked at WL Cl and sooo excited about it! If you are seeing it online I would just book it and then cancel your old booking. You won't have to redo all of your ADR's.

If you don't care add us to the list. Arrive Nov. 23 at POR and leave Dec. 1. Going to MVMCP on the 27th. Can wait 150 days to go.

So I was just sitting down and looking at my ADR's on my spreadsheet, I am thoroughly confused! I have 3 possible nights for BOG and THEN when I figure that out everything else will fall into place. I have no like like 29 ADR's and I only need like 18. I have to cancel them soon so I hope that tomorrow when I see the menu, that will help me decide if I should wait and book or just get out of Dodge!

Shawna
Keep calling the year I switched our Std room @ AKL for a 1 Bdrm the same thing happened to me . two different CM's said they did not see it as available finally the 3rd CM I talked to found it. Not sure why maybe cancelled rooms take longer to show up on CRO than online:confused3. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter