November 2014 Car Rentals

Need something Nov 28 to Dec 1. Anyone have a coupon code that works with short rentals over holidays?? MUGZ063 at Budget is not working for me////

Has anyone noticed that coupon for $30 AD2338FDF has changed and when checking rates now it does not include most cars. I am looking at something wrong.

Now my better half is worried that our currently booked midsize with that rate and $30 off will not be accepted when we get there. It still should be okay if it is still showing up on the reservation that is booked when I view it correct?

Similar thing happened in August and don't worry. People called Alamo and once you're booked you're booked an the rate will stand. Especially if you check the reservation and it's still the same as when you booked, you're ok, that's the price you will be paying. I don't like to even call because why draw attention to the reservation, you've got it confirmed at a certain rate so why worry/bother.

Leave it alone IMO and enjoy the upcoming trip.

I just went to do online checkin for my alamo reservation that starts tomorrow. And it won't let me check in or do anything because of the $30 coupon. It says : "We’re sorry, but this Coupon is no longer available at this location."

What do I do? I have to run out to a clients and I won't have time to call till later. Are they going to honor it? The website won't even let me go in and modify the reservation and take the coupon off. My rate was for $108 and rates today are over $220!

I think they will honor the coupon. The Alamo web site is notorious for having problems. It seems lately there have been many problems with online check-in. You may not be able to do it online. But, I would try the kiosk (if you are going to MCO or a location with one) and bring a copy of the reservation with you, if you have problems.

On the Budget site, I see a great rate for the car and then when I select it, the next page adds $30 to the car rate plus the taxes and fees. Can anyone explain this?

I am renting for 6 days 12 hours. So I don't think it's a weekly rate that's being shown. Thanks!

I am pickup MCO drop off FLL, 5 days 8 hours and I do not see that $30.00 fee?

Estimated Total: $130.70

Base Rate: $116.10
Discounts: -$35.00
Rental Options: $0.00
Protections/Coverages: $0.00
Surcharges/Fees: $41.62
Energy Recovery Fee .60 /day: $3.60
Vehicle License .80 /day: $4.80
State Surcharge 2.00 /day: $12.00
Customer Facility Fee 2.50 /day: $12.50
Tire & Battery Fee .02 /day: $0.12
Concession Recovery: $8.60
Taxes: $7.98

I just wanted to mention to everyone - be sure when you check-in and pick-up your car that the price on the contract matches your confirmation. Every time I pick-up my car and give them my reservation confirmation, they will try to charge me slightly more, not a lot, but it will be higher. I remind them I have a lower price and they change it.

I think they will honor the coupon. The Alamo web site is notorious for having problems. It seems lately there have been many problems with online check-in. You may not be able to do it online. But, I would try the kiosk (if you are going to MCO or a location with one) and bring a copy of the reservation with you, if you have problems.

Where is the Alamo kiosk in MCO? Inside the main terminal?

Thanks! I called and was put on and off hold for 15 mins while the agent tried to fix the issue. He ended up telling me I needed to call the location and see if they would honor the coupon. I asked him if it was possible for him to just take the coupon off. And my total should go up $30. He was able to do that. So my reservation went from $108 to $138. I'm fine with that. That is still the best price I could find. It was just super frustrating that one day before pickup the coupon was no longer valid or accepted. I just want it to be easy! So hopefully it will be now.

Thanks! I called and was put on and off hold for 15 mins while the agent tried to fix the issue. He ended up telling me I needed to call the location and see if they would honor the coupon. I asked him if it was possible for him to just take the coupon off. And my total should go up $30. He was able to do that. So my reservation went from $108 to $138. I'm fine with that. That is still the best price I could find. It was just super frustrating that one day before pickup the coupon was no longer valid or accepted. I just want it to be easy! So hopefully it will be now.

Had the same issue when we went to do the online check-in for our Sept 26 reservation with Alamo (said coupon was no longer valid and wouldn't let us complete the online check-in.
So we decided just to see what would happen when we arrived at the airport. Went to the desk to check-in, no issues at all with the coupon, price was exactly what my reservation said. Cost me an extra 10 minutes to check-in at the counter and saved the $30 of the coupon.

Wanted to update- we picked up our full size rental at Alamo in Tampa this morning. Paid $118 for a week rental. Walked to full size aisle, saw a minivan parked and was offered and accepted the free upgrade. Yay!

Well, I have to admit that I have pretty much lost all hope of a lower price for our trip next week. I've determined that my start date is clearly part of the issue. We don't normally come in on a weekend, so I never realized that a Saturday pick up would jack my rental price. But when I shift my rental dates by just one day, the price plummets! Wish I had found this out sooner! Might have been able to change my flights to get a better deal on the car rental.

I'm glad I locked in the price I did a few months ago, but I really thought I would get it down some. Oh well. Lesson learned about weekend arrival!!!

Well, I have to admit that I have pretty much lost all hope of a lower price for our trip next week. I've determined that my start date is clearly part of the issue. We don't normally come in on a weekend, so I never realized that a Saturday pick up would jack my rental price. But when I shift my rental dates by just one day, the price plummets! Wish I had found this out sooner! Might have been able to change my flights to get a better deal on the car rental.

I'm glad I locked in the price I did a few months ago, but I really thought I would get it down some. Oh well. Lesson learned about weekend arrival!!!

Keep checking! I thought mine had gone as low as it would go too, but today it is down again for some classes of cars. I have a week p/u @ Dolphin 11/24-12/1 drop off at TPA. My standard SUV is $210 all in, which is back down to what I already reserved. I want to keep that class of car b/c I drive a minivan at home and want to be cool for a week. ;)
However, minivans have steadily decreased and are now only $5 more than the SUV and midsize SUV is $200 all in. Seems they are trying to unload certain classes of cars now that the dates are getting closer. Good luck!:wizard:

Just booked a Minivan for $197.54 all in pick up/drop off at TPA. Pick up Saturday 11/22 and drop off following Saturday. Pretty happy with that price for a minivan during Thanksgiving week. Had full size reserved at $188 but at $10 more I figured its worth it to guarantee the extra space for 5 people and luggage :thumbsup2

I logged in as an Alamo Insider and used the VISA $30 coupon and the AP code for that rate.

I had a reservation from Alamo for a standard vehicle which I picked up 11/14 & dropped off today. I am an Insider and got a double upgrade for a final price of $97 with taxes & fees. When I was directed to the Standard aisle, it was full of minivans and SUVs. I ended up picking a Hyundai Tucson. Not a bad deal. I know it may not always be the case but getting an upgrade on the aisle is possible.

What's up with this Toll Pass? Are there any cash only booths opened when traveling from MCO to Disney? Or do we have to rent the Toll Pass device and pay for it per day? :drive:

What's up with this Toll Pass? Are there any cash only booths opened when traveling from MCO to Disney? Or do we have to rent the Toll Pass device and pay for it per day? :drive:

There are 2 tolls after leaving the airport. There are cash only booths. They are both on the right side so be careful to stay towards that side to not accidentally trigger the toll pass.

There are 2 tolls after leaving the airport. There are cash only booths. They are both on the right side so be careful to stay towards that side to not accidentally trigger the toll pass.

Thank you much! :wave2:

The cash tolls on 417 from the airport to Disney actually look like exit ramps. You exit off the highway kind of to get to the toll booths and then merge back on. It is VERY easy to miss them if you aren't paying attention. Its not hard, but with the excitement of being on vacation and an unfamiliar set up, I can see how people miss them.

We travel in Florida quite a bit, and got tired of all the unmanned toll booths and worrying about missing tolls that we just bought our own sunpass transponder and take it with us each trip. They have an app that makes it easy to add the rental car and its really small. Makes our life much easier not worrying about tolls:thumbsup2

We travel in Florida quite a bit, and got tired of all the unmanned toll booths and worrying about missing tolls that we just bought our own sunpass transponder and take it with us each trip. They have an app that makes it easy to add the rental car and its really small. Makes our life much easier not worrying about tolls:thumbsup2

We have an EZ Pass for tolls that we use in the New England area. I know that the transponder won't work in Florida. Wish it did. It would make it a lot easier. :headache:

We have an EZ Pass for tolls that we use in the New England area. I know that the transponder won't work in Florida. Wish it did. It would make it a lot easier. :headache:

I know! We have EZPass too in PA. I wish we could just use the same transponder too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter