***November 2023 Check-in Thread***

Welcome! That's exciting about USH. I haven't been in ages...I always end up picking more Disney days over Universal. One of these days I will have to be strong and resist the Disney urge! 😀
We went last time but nintendo land wasn't open yet, as we sat through the credits of the Super Mario Movie, my son begged me to go back, he didn't have to twist my arm, I was already pretty sold. We enjoyed USH a lot last year, but it's really inferior to Universal Orlando and we're passholders there. We're going to do 5 days at DLR and 1 at USH for what it's worth.

We live about two hours from WDW and had so much fun going last November we are genuinely considering doing it every year. We absolutely love the vibe at DLR and that puts a lot of shine on it from WDW in our opinion. The sheer amount of attractions in such a small area along with how close and cheap offsite hotels are compared to the tourist trap that WDW hotels essentially are really make us love it. We find the people there just so much more relaxed, even at Thanksgiving. Whereas WDW during holidays can feel like Mad Max. We also think the food is just so much better at DLR that it's almost embarrassing eating at WDW now. You will go back to the Magic Kingdom's adventureland and get a craving for Bengal Barbecue. You're going to love it, not to mention you can walk streets that Walt Disney walked, and even see some cool park history like the test bricks and the employees door of the lumber company. It figures we would love it so much when we can drive to WDW and DLR is a 5 hour flight.
I’m most excited about feeling the history of the park- my dad’s uncle actually worked there for about 30 years, starting when Walt was still alive and spent a lot of time in the parks, and I’m sure I’m going to get emotional being there.

We just booked our trip for the week after Thanksgiving! I'm so excited and want to share in the fun and planning with all my other November folks. So who's with me? I'll do my best to keep this updated and post important dates, etc.

Let the planning and anticipation begin!
We fly home tomorrow from this visit and I just booked a return for Thanksgiving.

11/15 - 11/17 at VGC

We are local and always do a mid November staycation at VGC to enjoy the holiday season before it gets too crazy at Disneyland! We can go slower those days and enjoy seeing more of the decor. But we will be back many times during the season. I look forward Small World Holiday - it is my absolute favorite holiday thing in the parks.

But before that staycation, we have 7/16 - 7/19 at VGC and then 9/15 - 9/28 at Copper Creek to look forward to.

11/15 - 11/17 at VGC

We are local and always do a mid November staycation at VGC to enjoy the holiday season before it gets too crazy at Disneyland! We can go slower those days and enjoy seeing more of the decor. But we will be back many times during the season. I look forward Small World Holiday - it is my absolute favorite holiday thing in the parks.

But before that staycation, we have 7/16 - 7/19 at VGC and then 9/15 - 9/28 at Copper Creek to look forward to.
Welcome! I would be lying if I didn't say I was a teensy bit jealous. So much Disney to look forward to! 😍

This is a Disneyland forum thread, but the Poly does sound quite lovely, particularly for such a milestone. Happy early Anniversary and I hope you have a great time!
Whoops I posted as well and didn’t realize it was only about Disney land

Thanks so much to @StarlitNight05 for pointing me towards this group! We ( myself, wife and our two boys ages 4 and 1 when we travel) just switched our trip from WDW to LA/DL and we’ll be staying at the new Villas at the DLH for our DL portion! We’ll be staying 11/29-12/3 and cannot wait for the boys to experience a Disney stay for the first time!

Last edited:
Count me into your checkin! Quick trip to the mouse Nov 4 to 6th staying at BWPPI. Will be taking a collapsible walking stick for balance providing I can find one I can get through TSA. Standing for any length of time kills my bal and makes me look drunk even though I dont drink. Walking stick prevents the wierd looks I get and gives a little stability when I need it. First time flying and to the mouse since my recent diagnosis and cant wait to go back! Cheers!

I have been thinking about dining reservations since the trip was booked. Here is what we want:
Trader Sams
Carnation cafe
Naples restaurant
Tokyo joes
Minnie’s breakfast or storytellers
World of color dessert party
Fantasmic blue bayou seating
Olga’s cantina
Lamplight Lounge (maybe)

Hopefully I will be able to get all of these! Probably will do trader sams on our first night, a non Disney day.

Ok I have been thinking about dining a lot and here are my must do’s:

Trader Sams
Carnation cafe
Tokyo joes
Naples
Minnie’s or storytellers
Olga’s vantina
WOC dessert party
Blue bayou Fantasmic seating

We are there the 19-23 but will arrive on the 18th. I was thinking we could do trader sams that night.
Trader Sam's is a great idea for an arrival night!

Welcome @sc05 and @Unbalanced!

Anyone thinking of dining reservations yet? I'm tempted to just go all quick service this trip, but part of me also wants to eat at Carthay (we've never been). I'm a recently converted omnivore after being vegetarian for many years, so it's like a wide world of possibilities now!
absolutely!

-i want to go back to the tropical hideaway, I know it's a quick service, in love with the bao buns
- blue bayou ALWAYS
-REALLY REALLY hoping for tiana's palace to be open. will it be QS or TS?
-would love to finally try Carthay circle (restaurant, not lounge)

Last edited:
Ok I have been thinking about dining a lot and here are my must do’s:

Olga’s vantina

We are there the 19-23 but will arrive on the 18th. I was thinking we could do trader sams that night.

It's called Oga's.

absolutely!

-i want to go back to the tropical hideaway, I know it's a quick service, in love with the bao buns
- blue bayou ALWAYS
adding one other, really really want to try the Japanese pancakes from Tangaroa Terrace

absolutely!

- blue bayou ALWAYS
I still have yet to try those bao buns from Topical Hideaway. That's definitely on my list. I think I'll accompany it with a dole whip. I haven't tried the non-pineapple flavors either.

I *think* Tiana's Place is going to remain quick service like French Market was, but not 100%. I'm excited to see it though...I hope it's open too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter