Nutritious side-dish to go with Hot Dogs

Sheree Bobbins

DIS Veteran
I no longer serve only hot dogs and buns for meals, because they don't make a filling meal. Any suggestions what I can serve along with them that are as fast and easy as the hot dogs themselves? I often serve Cheese Whiz or Sauerkraut for putting on the hot dogs.

I've been relying on beans, chili, and sometimes macaroni.

When servin Hot dogs in our house I know it is an easy night. So either mac and cheese or apple sauce and cottage chees goes with it! Not sure what you are looking for! But that is what happens in our house!

Usually it's a combination of the following - never the same!

sauerkraut (yum!)
baked beans
mac & cheese - from a box!
Spaghetti-Os
chips
veggies & dip
pasta salad
indiv tossed salads
frozen french fries

As you can see, there are not quality, healthy items. ;) The way I figure it, the hot dogs are so bad that there's not much point in worrying about redeeming side dishes. :D :D :D

i like to cut those hot dogs up and put them in tomato soup commonly known as penny soup, and then i like to sderve them with grilled cheese sandwiches, yum!

I think of hot dogs as a go with sort of thing. They are sort of an afterthought. They go with anything that is cheesie or tomatoie. If you are making a casserole that is either, then hot dogs are a good go with. You could also add applesauce or canned fruit

How about a taco casserole, a noodle casserole or au gratin potatoes.

Hot dogs are also a great picnic food so think of things that you might take on a picnic.

chessie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter