O.K so I have changed resorts! Anyone been to coronado springs?

kyl

disneyfun
Was booked into POP, but changed to coronado springs after thinking that six people sharing two small rooms for 14nights might be a bit much at pop:scared1: My question is have I done the right thing:confused3. We paid extra to upgrade to disney dining after getting free quick service with POP but this way we get the disney dining plan free because it is a mod:goodvibes. Saying that it cost us an extra $1800:scared1: DH doesn't know that yet, until he gets his credit card statement:lmao:Thats when I go and hide;) Anyway any advice would be great:thumbsup2

I haven't been there either but I did do alot of reading and research on here about the moderates. Coronado Springs did appear to get lots of good reviews, from what I read I think the moderate ratings went something like this as to peoples faves:-

POFQ
CS
POR
CB

If it's worth it for you guys to have more room and spend the extra then I say it's a good choice.

Any moderate is an upgrade on POP....but Coronado is the one I would put at the bottom of the list.
You mainly need to understand it is a Conference resort.
The food court gets a high rating so we went there one night and it was basically deserted...the only food was left overs. You know that has been in the warmer for ages... :( Don't expect to get a meal there after conference hours.

So we left...and went to Caribbean Beach!!!!!! SOOO Beautiful So wonderful. So FAMILY friendly. The shops are beautiful the food court is WONDERFUL. Lots of options and great service.

I can't comment on the rooms at all...but I wouldn't stay there.
It just doesn't have that spirit...

I would stay there over pop...but I would never ever stay at pop...so...JMHO

Any moderate is an upgrade on POP....but Coronado is the one I would put at the bottom of the list.
You mainly need to understand it is a Conference resort.
The food court gets a high rating so we went there one night and it was basically deserted...the only food was left overs. You know that has been in the warmer for ages... :( Don't expect to get a meal there after conference hours.

So we left...and went to Caribbean Beach!!!!!! SOOO Beautiful So wonderful. So FAMILY friendly. The shops are beautiful the food court is WONDERFUL. Lots of options and great service.

I can't comment on the rooms at all...but I wouldn't stay there.
It just doesn't have that spirit...

I would stay there over pop...but I would never ever stay at pop...so...JMHO

Thank you both for your advice:thumbsup2 Queenie when did you go there? You have made me nervous now! The CM told me all the rooms have been refurbed and that they are the only moderate resort with queen size beds. Maybe I should call again and see if I can change to Caribbean beach, although I have heard that the bus stops and pool area can be quite a long walk from your room:confused3 Oh what to do what to do:goodvibes

I did a bit of research on CSR when I was looking at going for this trip. I thought it looked great but it seems to be a really big resort. Have a look on the resorts board and on tripadvisor at some of the photos people have taken whilst there. Yes it's a conference resort. So is the Yacht Club and we have stayed there. With all of the conference people often in their conference meetings there wasn't ever anybody around, it was great. But I don't know if that's the same at CSR. The rooms look fantastic and they are all newly renovated and is the only Mod with Queens Beds as they told you. I would do some research on the different areas of CSR to request which area you want to be in. They have a lake with boats to hire, I think it looks lovely! :thumbsup2 It's Disney, it's going to be exciting where ever you stay.

I think Princessinoz is staying there in October too.

I say be excited about your decision :cool1: you'll have a ball, it's WDW and find that hiding spot for when your DH gets the credit card statement :lmao:

I have no personal knowledge of staying at the non-DVC Disney resorts, but generally if hotels are the same 'level' and it is queens vs doubles then I go with the queens.

Queenie you are such a resort snob :rotfl2:

Says the person who just paid THOUSANDS of dollars EXTRA to fly on a plane with a tiny tv in the back of the seat in front and less leg room :confused3 :confused3
And is paying more in NY on limos and superior hotels.
I know you are probably trying to be funny...but I find that the pot calling the kettle black

kyl - I didn't mean to make you feel nervous...I'm just telling what I experienced.
I too would go with Queens over Doubles...
It is WAY better than POP. So go have fun....but it is a lot more money so I just wanted to give my honest assessment of the feel of the resort.

As for comparing the Yacht Club and Coronado????
That is a DELUXE vs a Mod. No comparison. :confused3
It is connected to the Beach club and shares those facilities which features the best pool on property...

I'll await your assessment on Pop Ms Shuttergirl. If it is anything like All Star Movies the foyer looks like an airport waiting area :rolleyes1
The decorations are fun...and it is great to visit...but I wouldn't stay there...

Says the person who just paid THOUSANDS of dollars EXTRA to fly on a plane with a tiny tv in the back of the seat in front and less leg room :confused3 :confused3
And is paying more in NY on limos and superior hotels.
I know you are probably trying to be funny...but I find that the pot calling the kettle black

kyl - I didn't mean to make you feel nervous...I'm just telling what I experienced.
I too would go with Queens over Doubles...
It is WAY better than POP. So go have fun....but it is a lot more money so I just wanted to give my honest assessment of the feel of the resort.

As for comparing the Yacht Club and Coronado????
That is a DELUXE vs a Mod. No comparison. :confused3
It is connected to the Beach club and shares those facilities which features the best pool on property...

I'll await your assessment on Pop Ms Shuttergirl. If it is anything like All Star Movies the foyer looks like an airport waiting area :rolleyes1
The decorations are fun...and it is great to visit...but I wouldn't stay there...

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:, Queenie you are dramatic. Yes I was trying to be funny but obviously you didn't think so.

Of course Coronado is going to be better than POP. If I could've gotten a booking for there or POFQ I would've booked it in a heartbeat, although I must say maybe not for $1800 more than POP but I can completely understand Kyl's thinking. I'd have to think on that one too.

I didn't pay thousands more for my flights but that entertainment system is very important for my sanity. DH and the kids would drive me mad without it so I agree, I could've gotten cheaper but that tv was worth it. You don't want me to lose my sanity do you:eek:.

And yes POP is not my idea of luxury, I would so prefer Wilderness Lodge and should I be able to convince my DH to go back to WDW, that's where we will be but like you mention there is a cute factor that cannot be denied. I'd stay there just for the photo next to Baloo and Jungle boy alone ;). I will give you my HONEST review on my return.

I think that it will be good "value" for money which is it's whole purpose and since I needed to make this trip "seem" affordable to my husband :rotfl:, POP was a great compromise. I promise you we are only getting 2 limos this time too. Totally slumming it.

DH is going to a conference at CSR....he's booked in for the conference but STILL hasn't made any flight or hotel bookings yet.

I'm seriously hoping to stay at CSR this time round. Queen sized beds and child-free ! :rotfl2: (is this too much information??)...

I have only tried out POR and BCV; but some of the US Dis-ers that I met on a DisMeet were staying at CSR. Two of them, in particular, are serious Disneyphiles. They have practically stayed at every resort on the property and they RAVED about the newly refurbed CSR rooms. I checked out TR photos and it looks great. About the only thing wrong was that they found dust in one corner of the room and no one cleaned it even after they had requested it to be cleaned; and that they were allocated rooms far from the food court, pool etc.

But then, prior to me going to POR, everyone complained about how large the resort was and how far different buildings were from the main complex. I suspect that this may be just a cultural thing...because I got allocated to a building that wasn't on the 'preferred' DisBoard list. Whilst POR was huge, we were about 5 - 10 minutes away from the pool, food court, store etc. It was a very pleasant walk and no where near as tedious as I had been led to believe through the forum.

I suspect that CSR is another one of those really large resorts that need a bit of walking to get to places....but given how much we are walking during the day at the parks, what's a couple of hundred paces more (give or take a thousand)?

I stayed at CSR last year and I thought it was great! While we saw a few conference guests, it certainly didn't feel like a 'conference resort'. I didn't rate the Pepper Market but maybe that's just me. If you have any questions about CSR, please feel welcome to ask. :)

:rotfl: It probably fits in the same category as you and your champagne/bottle of wine! :lmao: :lmao:

Hahahaha, true but I didn't need to use it for this trip. I'm saving that one up for when we get back and I say "how about Wilderness Lodge for December next year?"

It may require more than one bottle :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I thought this might come in handy.....

0803ValleyBAugust02.jpg

Been busy on the Photoboard Scavenger hunt...:rolleyes1

But then, prior to me going to POR, everyone complained about how large the resort was and how far different buildings were from the main complex. I suspect that this may be just a cultural thing...because I got allocated to a building that wasn't on the 'preferred' DisBoard list. Whilst POR was huge, we were about 5 - 10 minutes away from the pool, food court, store etc. It was a very pleasant walk and no where near as tedious as I had been led to believe through the forum.

I suspect that CSR is another one of those really large resorts that need a bit of walking to get to places....but given how much we are walking during the day at the parks, what's a couple of hundred paces more (give or take a thousand)?
I totally agree with this.

Old Key West is a VERY VERY greatly discussed resort....
After much of this :surfweb:
You discover the favourite areas...
So in go the requests.
Our first stay we weren't in the 'perfect' zone and it was LOVELY :woohoo:
Second stay at the end of the trip was in the magical building...and yeah...not so great. :confused:

All the Moderates are large resorts as well with many different locations.
So that is the place to start with research. :surfweb:

Now PrincessinOz and Ms Shuttergirl....
please....
that's quite enough :rotfl2:
[see why we need you around PrincessinOz!]

Oh wow thank you so much for all the advice.....um I hope I didn't cause any um dramas. You guys are funny! I am going to stay with CSR after reading all the reviews and the rooms being re-done we are thinking it sounds quite alright. Plus a lot of the reviews on the CBR aren't that crash hot. As in too many guest for the amount of services avaliable? I guess we won't know until we are there, but hey I will let you all know when we get back. I like that there is a adult only longue area after 9pm! I am thinking since we are paying for my mother in law she can watch the kids for a couple of hours and we can enjoy some peace and quite! Anyway thank you all for so much response any more feed back is welcomed!

Hi Ms Shuttergirl - I also paid "extra" to fly with the mini TV screens for sanity's sake. So I hear you there.

If you've flown with and without, and I'd rather fly with hands down any day. Me and 4 kids - you need the entertainment. I also pay for good scheduling - I like to be able to arrive at WDW in the evenings.

The nice hotels in New York make a difference - location wise especially.

And limo services aren't quite as luxurious as they sound - pricewise, not much more expensive than a bad cab that gets caught in traffic, or shelling up per head for shuttle services.

Having said that, we stayed at the Pop last year and found it absolutely fine for what we needed it to be - a place to drop our bags, shower and sleep. We were up and out the door early every morning, and usually didn't come back until late - and those times when we cam in early we usually showered and went back out again. The bus services were fine, housekeeping was fine, the pools were fine, connecting rooms meant two bathrooms which was good and the space was adequate. So the food court was only a food court and not a proper restaurant - I didn't care. We only ate there the night we arrived and a couple of mornings. The rest of our meals were somewhere else.

Upon that rationale I am staying at the Pop again this year so we have more money for or other legs of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter