Oasis and Allure split design with central areas...

luv2sleep

DIS Veteran
Does everyone like this? I go on a cruise to relax. I don't need or want a ton to do. I love just watching the ocean and reading a book. Pool time and and play time with my son and we're good. We are not big adventurers. I am looking at other lines also for school vacation travel for different ports, etc. I was looking at the Oasis and Allure pics and deck plans. Seems like a crazy design. The pool decks look split. And where do people just go to sit and relax on the outside decks where you can see the ocean? Just the front and back of the ship? Maybe from the pool deck? Are there adult only quiet areas? I was also trying to figure out the pure ocean view balcony cabin categories. Which are those? I don't want something overlooking what other people are doing. Would smaller RCCL ships be better for what I'm looking for? If so which are most similar to the ships in the DCL fleet? Thanks!!!

The Oasis and Allure are beautiful ships. There is large pool deck on level 15 and also an adult-only pool, solarium area there as well. Every deck from 6 on up has oceanview view staterooms with balconies. When researching you want to steer clear of the Central Park and Boardwalk view rooms, these will be the ones that face inside the ship. Stick with the Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (D 1-8) and you will have an ocean facing balcony room.

If these ships are a bit too large for your taste, look into something in Freedom Class. These may be more to your liking.

The Oasis and Allure are beautiful ships. There is large pool deck on level 15 and also an adult-only pool, solarium area there as well. Every deck from 6 on up has oceanview view staterooms with balconies. When researching you want to steer clear of the Central Park and Boardwalk view rooms, these will be the ones that face inside the ship. Stick with the Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (D 1-8) and you will have an ocean facing balcony room. If these ships are a bit too large for your taste, look into something in Freedom Class. These may be more to your liking.

Thanks! So where on the ship can you just go and sit on deck, relax, and look out at the ocean? Like you can on deck 4 on DCL? Is that only from the adult area?

If you didn't want to sit out on the pool deck you could sit on Deck 5. This is where the jogging track is and there are loungers there as well, the Solarium or on your own balcony.

I cruised on the Oasis a couple years ago and will be on Allure in June...so excited!

Other than the pool decks...which are huge by the way, lots of seating, there is the Solarium which is the adults only pool area. I don't know if they are literally split, but you can cut across when you are at the actual pool. Keep in mind there are 2 main pools plus the kiddie area and 2 or 3 levels of seating at each pool.

If you just want to sit and stare at the water (wish I could do that today actually!), you have some other options too! On the back of the ship on I believe deck 6, there are chairs you can sit on. Mind you this is the walking/jogging track but the chairs are not in the way of them and you get a decent view of the wake. There are also some "secret" balconies that I have read about. I know there is one on deck 11, all the way aft, on both sides of the aquatheater. And a couple other decks have the same "secret" balconies. From what I have read, very few know about them and there are chairs and a great view of the aquatheater and the back of the ship.

We are in an oceanview balcony. There is no misunderstanding when you book because they are clearly marked as oceanview, central park, or boardwalk balcony. The oceanview balconies are divided into 8 categories based on balcony size and location on the ship. I'm not really picky too much but we picked a D5 on deck 8 because the price dropped a lot and I know we will be able to walk to pretty much everything and avoid the elevator, except for visits to the pool. I would make my decision based on where you think you will spend the majority of your time and the cost of said rooms in that area. I've been on a good amount of cruises and the Oasis is really a big ship. Our cabin on that cruise was on the 17th floor...yes, 17, on a cruise. And our dining room was on deck 4 I believe.

Happy planning! If you come across other questions, ask! I've been doing tons of research in preparation of my upcoming cruise plus what I know from sailing on the Oasis.

Can you comment on the difference between a central park balcony and a boardwalk balcony?
Any preference? We do enjoy people watching so think this could be fun. Also which floor could be best for this?

I'm not going to repeat what everyone else has already said, but I will add that the secret balconies on deck 11 are gone and are now staterooms. I loved Oasis but if you love to see the ocean I wouldn't recommend it. I would go with Freedom class. IMO Oasis is a very insular ship but it does have a ton to do!

Re: CP vs Boardwalk. I was in a CP balcony and the balcony didn't get a lot of sun at all. I did love people watching and it was a great location. There was some noise from the pool decks mid-afternoon but it wasn't awful. Some of the Boardwalk balconies you may get a view of the AquaTheatre show.

Can you comment on the difference between a central park balcony and a boardwalk balcony?
Any preference? We do enjoy people watching so think this could be fun. Also which floor could be best for this?
A CP balcony will look over Central Park and a BW balcony will look over the Boardwalk area. The BW view will probably give you a view of the Aqua theater and the wake. Of the two, I'd prefer BW.

I'm so excited to check out the Boardwalk and Central Park areas. These are so different from any other cruise.
I agree that if it's not your thing or you'd like a smaller ship, then perhaps check out another cruise class such as the Freedom. These look great too and your more typical cruise.

Just cruised on Oasis with ocean view balcony but oh my there are so many places to sit and enjoy the ocean in solitude or around others. It has so much more sky, ocean viewing than we had on the Freedom. Just a few are ....

- TONS of seating in the Oasis, all adult area
- Loungers at spots on the running track
- Loungers on top "sky" deck
- Loungers on all pool decks around edges to see out
- "Secret" deck 14 has open deck at front with chairs and loungers

Here are some pictures of a few spots

11987199_10153278902744102_6954673925015026030_n.jpg

12039518_10153281200779102_1515990991841824743_n.jpg

12015101_10153275727404102_6057459481041586438_o.jpg

11998907_10153281486794102_6980844313631014278_n.jpg

12049212_10153281499894102_1754963249526364955_n.jpg

Just cruised on Oasis with ocean view balcony but oh my there are so many places to sit and enjoy the ocean in solitude or around others. It has so much more sky, ocean viewing than we had on the Freedom. Just a few are ....

- TONS of seating in the Oasis, all adult area
- Loungers at spots on the running track
- Loungers on top "sky" deck
- Loungers on all pool decks around edges to see out
- "Secret" deck 14 has open deck at front with chairs and loungers

Here are some pictures of a few spots

11987199_10153278902744102_6954673925015026030_n.jpg

12039518_10153281200779102_1515990991841824743_n.jpg

12015101_10153275727404102_6057459481041586438_o.jpg

11998907_10153281486794102_6980844313631014278_n.jpg

12049212_10153281499894102_1754963249526364955_n.jpg
Your camera takes amazing pictures! What kind is it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter