Oct 30 2010 7 Night Western

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey welcome to the board everyone! I see we have many NJ families here... we are taking advantage of the teacher's convention days off! Then my DD only misses 2 1/2 days of school! :cool1:

I think Halloween on the Magic will be so cool. :cool2: Our intention is to bring costumes........ and I think we should try to get some TOT'ing together!

Looking forward to "meeting" all of you!:yay:

Kristen

Hmmm no convention days for us in South Louisiana but the prices were so good for that week we couldn't pass it up. Elliott will be in 1st grad (unless I red shirt him for Kindergarten...he's so much younger than his pre-school class and is having some issues that we might) so we didn't think that a week out of school would hurt him that much.

Hmmm no convention days for us in South Louisiana but the prices were so good for that week we couldn't pass it up. Elliott will be in 1st grad (unless I red shirt him for Kindergarten...he's so much younger than his pre-school class and is having some issues that we might) so we didn't think that a week out of school would hurt him that much.

Oh, I agree with you! I found that not much gets done in Kindergarten and even in first grade, life experiences are important too!:)

Kristen

Hi and welcome to the new families who have joined us:wave2: :welcome:

The weather is cooling down here in Wisconsin and I am wishing we were on a cruise right now :cool1:

Pyramid2000 - I will also have a daughter who will be 12 on this cruise, maybe they could e-mail each other so that they get to know each other before the cruise.

I think that Halloween on the ship will be fun too!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

Vicki

Hey does anyone so far have experience building web pages? This was one of the added things we did for the Double Dip. It even had a section where the kids could meet and talk to each other before they got on the ship so they were sort of 'friends' before they left home. My little guy was to young for that but from some of the things the other parents have said that worked out great.

Finally the weather is cooling off a bit here as well (instead of a high of 89 its in the low 70s today). I'll be glad when the weather makes up its mind though. I'm going to be in SC in November and have no idea what to expect at the moment.

Hey does anyone so far have experience building web pages? This was one of the added things we did for the Double Dip. It even had a section where the kids could meet and talk to each other before they got on the ship so they were sort of 'friends' before they left home. My little guy was to young for that but from some of the things the other parents have said that worked out great.

Finally the weather is cooling off a bit here as well (instead of a high of 89 its in the low 70s today). I'll be glad when the weather makes up its mind though. I'm going to be in SC in November and have no idea what to expect at the moment.

I am not very good at building web pages ::confused3 , but I think it sounds like a great idea. I know my daughter would enjoy getting to know others before the cruise.

How I wish the weather were in the 80's and 70's here. This week has been in the 40's and 50's with 20's and 30's at night. I am just not ready for winter yet.

Vicki

I am not very good at building web pages ::confused3 , but I think it sounds like a great idea. I know my daughter would enjoy getting to know others before the cruise.

How I wish the weather were in the 80's and 70's here. This week has been in the 40's and 50's with 20's and 30's at night. I am just not ready for winter yet.

Vicki

oh man....we don't hit the 40s and 50s until December or January. there have been many a Christmas morning when we were kids that we got to ride our bikes outside in tee shirts and jeans. I love cold weather (or at least cooler weather) and am very happy that it almost feels like fall here. Now if those dang pine trees would just change colors..............

oh man....we don't hit the 40s and 50s until December or January. there have been many a Christmas morning when we were kids that we got to ride our bikes outside in tee shirts and jeans. I love cold weather (or at least cooler weather) and am very happy that it almost feels like fall here. Now if those dang pine trees would just change colors..............

I'll happily trade with you. After enjoying 80 degree weather the past two weeks, it's friggin' cold here.

I can probably create something. Can you send me the link to the double dip one so I can get an idea of what they did? Thanks.

We had a web page for the last two cruises we did. They were great in getting to "see" each other beforehand. I don't know how to do them myself though. We also had some mini-meets which I took advantage of with one of the cruises. It should be pretty easy to do with those of us on the east coast since I would expect a lot of others from NJ to join in the coming months.

My DDs did e-mail kids beforehand which worked out great. I usually am hesitant in starting something like that this early, only because it is so far out and I never know what will happen as far as going or not. My DH thinks I am crazy having vacation planned this far out. He likes to just pick up and go and will never understand what I save this way.:rolleyes:

As far as the weather goes, I really miss the transition weather. Going from high 70s to high 50s-low 60s just isn't fun.:sad2:

I am trying to get a friend to book this cruise. I keep telling her that she doesn't have to put down much to get the great rates they have right now and that she has plenty of time to cancel if they decide against going...then I think to myself how crazy I must be to do this. I would feel responsible if they didn't have a great time. You would have to know her to see where I am coming from.:rolleyes:

The great thing about them coming would be she has 3 DDs the same age as mine and the kids would love it.

I can probably create something. Can you send me the link to the double dip one so I can get an idea of what they did? Thanks.

Sure...I'll do that as soon as I get home tonight (Elliott's fall festival at school is today so its going to be a wild afternoon).

I am trying to get a friend to book this cruise. I keep telling her that she doesn't have to put down much to get the great rates they have right now and that she has plenty of time to cancel if they decide against going...then I think to myself how crazy I must be to do this. I would feel responsible if they didn't have a great time. You would have to know her to see where I am coming from.:rolleyes:

The great thing about them coming would be she has 3 DDs the same age as mine and the kids would love it.

WE booked our last one this far out and did so happily...the rate were drastically lower and it gave us plenty of time to pay it off without it being a hardship on our budget. I'm trying to get my cousin and her family to book this one and come with us......she's thinking about it. Doint this so far in advance it gives me something to look forward to and to work toward (work is crazy usually) which helps my sanity. Just knowing that I'll have time on the ship helps me not kill someone at work on a regular basis (can't go on the Magic if you are in jail right?:rotfl2: )

We're working on friends too. They always resisted because of the price, but we're trying to convince them since they will get the same on board deal we did if they book within 30 days.

Hey everyone, just checking in!!!:goodvibes

Had a seriously crazy weekend with DD turning 7 and having a "spa babies" party, seeing HSM3popcorn:: and running around in general.

We finally got our official print out for this cruise, and I love that! Makes everything so official! :dance3:
We also booked one of our time share weeks for next November at WDW...:woohoo: we are going to stay at Orange Lake.... the family is totally psyched as we haven't been to FL in 3 years!

Anyway, back to work for me.... Hope everyone is well, and I know that I enjoyed the snow in Northern NJ today!:cool1:

Kristen

Had a seriously crazy weekend with DD turning 7 and having a "spa babies" party, seeing HSM3popcorn:: and running around in general.

We finally got our official print out for this cruise, and I love that! Makes everything so official! :dance3:
We also booked one of our time share weeks for next November at WDW...:woohoo: we are going to stay at Orange Creek (I think that is the name).... the family is totally psyched as we haven't been to FL in 3 years!

Anyway, back to work for me.... Hope everyone is well, and I know that I enjoyed the snow in Northern NJ today!:cool1:

Kristen

Happy birthday to your DD. I'm not exactly sure what a spa baby is, but if it is anything like the spa on the ship , sounds like fun :goodvibes

I am not enjoying this weather at all. It got cold so quickly. When we left for Florida, it was still somewhat mild and then we came back and fall was in ful swing. I see we're practically neighbors. I used to work in Livingston for a couple of years and whenever 287 backed up would jump off in Monville to take local roads around it.

We also booked one of our time share weeks for next November at WDW...:woohoo: we are going to stay at Orange Creek (I think that is the name).... the family is totally psyched as we haven't been to FL in 3 years!

Kristen

crazy weekend and week here as well. It isn't often that LA gets cold but it rather chilly out there today. Looks like it will be offical fall weather for Halloween on Friday night.

Btw, I'm looking forward to hearing cruise reports from people that are on the Magic now to find out what they did for Halloween.

Nevermind. I just realized that dizney-cruiser is on that cruise and I'm sure will fill us in when she returns.

Hi Ladies!

1st - it is cold, with lots of snow in places! Unfortunately, we did not see much in Montville or Madison (where I work) today!! I know, that 287 will be a mess later, so I am just smiling at my daughter's picture, and thinking about our cruise!:love:

2nd - Spa babies - what a hoot! It is an actual spa/salon that "rents" space on Sundays when they are closed, for birthday parties. You go in with 14 girls, between the ages of 4 and 8, and they get an up do, nails (hands and feet), and makeup (very light). The place is draped in pink, tulle, furry stuff, etc....
They play games, dress up in princess wear, etc.... Pizza, cake..... what a life!:woohoo:

By the way, this place does Mommy and me Spa parties, so some of the mom's there were like, let's book it now!

That's it - back to the grind!:sad1:

Kristen

Happy birthday to your DD. I'm not exactly sure what a spa baby is, but if it is anything like the spa on the ship , sounds like fun :goodvibes

I am not enjoying this weather at all. It got cold so quickly. When we left for Florida, it was still somewhat mild and then we came back and fall was in ful swing. I see we're practically neighbors. I used to work in Livingston for a couple of years and whenever 287 backed up would jump off in Monville to take local roads around it.

Thanks for the good wishes!

I go to the Livingston Mall at lunch sometimes.... I see you live in NY! State or City?

We also booked one of our time share weeks for next November at WDW...:woohoo: we are going to stay at Orange Lake.... the family is totally psyched as we haven't been to FL in 3 years!

Kristen
Snow?!?!?! It's cold and windy here, and a bit wet, but no snow!:scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter