October 2010 Car Rentals

I don't really follow the touring plans sites, so I don't know too much about them...But one site I saw said that even though the crowds will be low compared to other times of the year. It showed that the crowds will be double what they usually are this time of year. :confused3

I try to follow the plans and they aren't showing busy, but they usually don't work out that was unfortunately.

We are going to Disney Oct 23-30th (7 days). Best rate I can find on a rental is $195 for a compact (inclusive of all fees/taxes)! I have always had a rental car at Disney, but rental rates seem higher than usual. I am trying to decide if we really need a rental car, as we do not plan to leave Disney property and Disney transportation is free. It is nice to have a car w/ 2 small children and a stroller and not worry about buses. Does anyone think the rental rates will drop much in the next 10 days or so? Thanks!

Man, I made our ressie for OCt 20-30th back in March as I usually do and the rates ALWAYS have gotten better...not going to happen this year. I am happy with my $228 for that period. I used the Sams Club code and the e-coupon for a free upgrade to mid size.

I've been looking but haven't seen anything lower than what I got several months ago. through Alamo 10 days full size vehicle with tax $258.77.

I'm finding that National is not accepting hardly any coupons? And I'm an Emerald member? Also, where do I find this Costco coupon? I am a Costco member.

I had given up on anything for Oct 21-25 and then just got a great last minute rate from Alamo for about $100 - ($60 base rate) for their weekend price, so keep trying!

costcotravel.com

There's a "cars" tab, with sections for Enterprise, Alamo, Budget and Avis. Lots of codes to try.

Budget is a little bit less if you use BCD X474200 (travelocity public code) and E-Coupon MUWZ023 for $25.00 off. The total for a minivan after coupon is applied at checkout is $277.47.

YOU. GUYS. ROCK!

$358 for 8 days with Budget is just a tad better than the $729 I reserved with Hertz months ago. I've been checking everyday and could NOT find a minivan with anyone for less than $700 for the 8 days. Yay! More money for the important stuff - like souvies!

Booked National Midsize Emerald Aisle on March 7th for October 8th thru October 18th. Base weekly rated $159.89 with discounts total $249.57. I thought that was high and will be waiting for possible future discounts. I have been checking daily and now the base weekly rate is up to $416.01 :confused3 thats a increase of $256.12 just on the weekly base rate.. Unbelieveable !!! I thought it was a mistake and reentered my info and that rate still comes up ?? I hope it goes down... My kids will be coming down and will need a car. All I can do is wait and see what happens...Waiting !! :surfweb:

Bumping ... Too early yet for Oct or has anyone gotten any good rates yet?

Sorry, didn't notice thread was 2010, I am meaning 2011.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter