October 2010!! Lets Plan Together!!

pixiedustS&A

Mouseketeer
Hey Guys!! :wave:
This is a thread for all of us planning to go to wdw in Oct 2010!! Lets plan together!! List anything you already have planned or are planning... or just anything you want to talk about for your upcoming October trip!!
I'll start... we are not sure the exact dates but we are either going to go to CSR or the Wilderness Lodge.. We are going to try and get ADRS for Le Cellier, Ohana, Kona Cafe, Boma, and the Crystal Plalace!! We are also going to try and do MNSSHP Yea!! I'm So Excited :banana:

So what about you!? :goodvibes

Well we just got back today from an 8 day trip to WL and we are totally excited to start to plan again for next year at this same time!
My son didn't want to come home and my husband was so thrilled with how much fun the kids had, he asked my son if he wanted to come back next year!

We loved the WL, even though the whole country thing isn't my thing.
The transportation and the hotel itself was great.
My husband was really into the poly when we visited there for the ohana breakfast with lilo and stitch.
We are trying to convince my parents to come with us this time.
We just are not sure if we are going to do halloween again or christmas?

:woohoo:

i will be going in october 2010! :banana: :banana: :banana:
my thoughts for right now are Oct. 4 - 14th. Most likely staying at All StAR Music unless theres 40% off room rates or something! :goodvibes

I was planning on a trip for August 2010 but have had to put it off until October, which means pulling my son out of schoold but we'll be going over the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend so he'll end up only missing 6 days of school so not too bad.

We'll be down there October 3 to 16th. :cool1:

We're on the fence. We are thinking of Mid September or beginning of October. :confused3

We're on the fence. We are thinking of Mid September or beginning of October. :confused3
same here, late sept/early oct again.
or november.

we also plan to move.
nothing like hello new school district, we're going to disney!:rotfl:

It's time for our every other year DW trip:banana: We usually go the last week of Oct. The timing has been perfect. The last time we skipped the halloween party because our DS was 15 mo. He'll be 3 when we go this time, so not sure about it. We usually go for 5 nights. Last time was at POR -which we loved - but we really only slept there. Thinking about going with either POP or AS-Music and getting park hoppers with the money saved.

It's horrible - we were there one year ago and all we can think about is going back!:scared1:

We are going Oct 12-21, 2010 hubby wants to stay at the all movie resort i want to stay at the grand fl. or ploy but noooo he wants 2 rooms, i quess i should be happy that my husband want to go out with me and spent night alone with me but the all movie resort, im just thinking kids and sticky yuckness.

Anyone else ever stay at the movie resort???

We're in for October 2010 too. Not sure which week, most likely 19-26. Staying at Pop. It will be the DD's first visit, so MNSSHP here we come!

Hello To All: Just got back on Tuesday Oct. 27th from a GREAT Camping trip with Family! Loved It ~ Decorated our site and loved how tons decorated there sites. I had read up that the little goblins "Trick or Treat" on the weekends - so we brought candy with us and let me tell you it did not last long! Had an awesome time! Already bought tons of "Disney" Themed Halloween Decor from Walgreens the day after Halloween. They have Mickey light up pumpkins, acitivity books for kids, Halloween themed snow globes, 3 -D Halogrtaphic buttons, tons of stuff! Looking forward to decorating the site next year! "Famiyl was there for Halloween!" They said it was Horrible! Crazy GolfCart Driver and an accident?!?!?! New at this, how do you change your log-in name if it is incorrect? Does anyone know? Already made reservations for the next camping trip 2010! October 21st - 26th! Had the dogs stay at the Kennel - did not care for the facility too much! Rumor is that they are in the process of a "NEW PET RESORT" Should be open October 2010.

So Far we are booked for Oct. 2 nd-9th, we might change to November I am waiting to hear how the crowds are for then!

we are going oct 16- 21st. this will be my 3rd "adult trip" after a 17 year hiatus. my wife and i went for our hunnymoon in nov. 07 and again for our 1st anniversary in nov. 08. this next trip will be our sons first trip for his first birthday! we are really stoked! staying and allstar music family suites with a magic your way plus dining ticket. we are bringing grandma to help with our boy, so we can go out a couple nights. we love love LOVE the epcot food and wine festival so we really plan our trip around that. here is my first draft itinerary:

:cool1:10/16: check-in/epcot FAWF with dinner at la cellier

10/17 hollywood studios/ downtown disney evening with dinner at wolfgang pucks

10/18 magic kingdom/ boardwalk with dinner at espn

10/19 epcot future world/ FAWF with dinner at biergarten

10/20 animal kingdom/ cirque de soliel with dinner at ragland road

10/21 breakfast at resort maybe a dip in the pool and check out :sad2:

CANT WAIT!!!!! I"M GOING THROUGH DISNEY WITHDRAW!!!

DW and I will be there Oct. 8-18. We possibly have 2 other couples going with us. We own a timeshare off site and have already booked that, so we'll all be staying there. One couple has kids and aren't quite sure if they're going yet. In this tough economy, they're hoping to save enough money to go. We hope they do. :goodvibes The other couple does not have kids, but they are definitely going. The one couple going with us for sure has never been to Orlando. So the plans at the moment are to see not only WDW, but SW & US/IOA as well. My sister is also hoping she can go as well. So we'll see how that goes.

Our plan is to rent a car, mainly since we're staying off site; and because we're also planning on going to the SW & US/IOA as well. Oh yeah, and hoping to drive to the beach one day. We figured this will make it easier and cheaper for us to get around. DW and I want to do the F&WF while we're there. Not sure what everybody else wants to do at the moment besides the all the theme parks. We'll discuss that more in March as we get closer to the dates for making our ADR's. They've all said since we've been there, they're willing to do what ever we want to do. So I guess it's up to DW and I to decide. :confused: DW and I might sneak off to the new tequila bar at the Mexico Pavilion for some alone time. :rolleyes1

Our ADR plans for WDW include Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe and Le Cellier for sure. Those are some of our favorites. I want to try Coral Reef and The Hollywood Brown Derby this next time around. We'll have to see what our budget is like at that time. We'll know more at the beginning of the new year. This is when we'll really start planning. So that's it for now. I'll post more later when we have a better idea.:dance3:

If all goes according to plan, I'll be going in Oct 2010 with one of my equally WDW-obsessed friends to celebrate our graduation! :) We're thinking the 8th until the 13th or 14th, although that will probably change depending on airfare. We'll also probably be staying at POP but if free dining or some other great discount comes up we might stay at POFQ instead. I'm already so excited!

DW and I will be there Oct. 3-10th for the F&W fest. Not sure where we are staying yet since I cant book until Feb when my DVC points come in. But we will be somewhere.

We are staying at BCV 9/28 - 10/01 and then AKL from 10/01 - 10/07. Can't wait to see MNSSHP!!! DS will be 6 yrs old and DD will be almost 2 yrs old. It seems so far away yet before I know we'll be coming home asking why it went so fast...

I'm new to the site and planning a trip for October 3 - 8, 2010. I was wondering if there was somewhere I could gush about trip planning without driving my partner crazy, so I'm really glad I found this thread!:yay:

I've got three different friends who are DVC members, so we'll most likely be renting points from one or more of them to help cut down on costs. Right now we're leaning toward staying at AKL, but who knows how things will progress? At the moment, I'm mainly just planning the trip for my partner and myself as a couples' retreat, but we're considering inviting along some of our other friends as well. Whether they're going with us will definitely affect where we stay.

I've made a budget for the trip, and I think it's doable if we start saving now. I have a little extra money, thanks to holiday gifts, that is going into savings, and I've promised myself that I can book the trip if I have enough to pay for both the hotel and park tickets by April. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

We are planning on taking our 3 kiddos (13, 8, & 3) Oct 23 - 29. This will be our very first WDW trip and we couldn't be more excited. The plan right now is to stay at POR with the dining plan and 5 days of tickets. We are also planning on doing the Halloween Party. If they offer free dining this year or a discount, we'd love to move up to the Poly but we will have to see. We would love any suggestions from you pros. My hubby and I haven't been since we were teenagers and A LOT has changed. Looking forward to planning with you all! :cool1:

We (myself, nephews 8yrs & 4yrs by then and mother) will be staying at the GF 10/16-10/23. I've never been to Disney in October. How is the weather? I've heard that it's great, warm and not humid and then I hear it's hot and humid..which is it??? :confused3 Ooh also, how are the crowd levels?

Right now the only things I have planned are that we are staying at the GF, have the dining plan, MYW cards and will be attending the MNSSHP one night. I've already put reminders in my cell for when my ADR window opens and am on the look out for airfare...which I will probably just buy for everyone when I get my tax return.

I cannot wait to get back to Disney! I just finished making a count down calendar for my nephews with pics from our trip that we just returned from on 12/16. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter