October 2013 - Car Rental

I found this code for Avis, I cannot say if it works or not I won't find out til the end of October. It is suppose to be a code for Florida workers.

But for a 8 day 3 hour rental of a Ford Edge it is 220.00. For our same week which is October 27-November 4 it is showing a mini van for 294.00

AWD -A113400
Coupon - MUWA025 - 30.00 off for a weekly rental.

Hope it works and I hope it helps out someone. :)

One hopes you have a FL license to go with this code. It is a Florida State workers code. Good luck. :)

One hopes you have a FL license to go with this code. It is a Florida State workers code. Good luck. :)

seem to recall reading how somebody used it without issue except they didn't catch that the mileage wasn't unlimited ouch!

Yes, when you go through the kiosk you hand them your license, the credit card you used (and we give them our National EA member card/Executive), along with a print out of the reservation (you use to give them the hang tag too). Have they changed this since May? Also if you have a paper coupon needed (not an e-coupon), I guess they could request it too if they wanted to.

Thank you for the heads up, I am honestly not worried about it. We don't NEED the car, we live 3 hours from Orlando. We prefer to rent since we do not want to put more miles on our own car. We technically work in FL anyway, even though we live on the GA/FL border. Our ID's reflects where we work at. If all else fails we have a back up legit code that is 50 bucks more @ another rental company. Momma raised no dummy :)

Thank you for the heads up, I am honestly not worried about it. We don't NEED the car, we live 3 hours from Orlando. We prefer to rent since we do not want to put more miles on our own car. We technically work in FL anyway, even though we live on the GA/FL border. Our ID's reflects where we work at. If all else fails we have a back up legit code that is 50 bucks more @ another rental company. Momma raised no dummy :)

I am sure your Momma did not raise any dummies, but, unless you have a Fl. License or state worker (as in working for the state of FL) ID, you may run into problems. Not saying you will, just giving you a heads up about this code. Have a GREAT day.

Yes, when you go through the kiosk you hand them your license, the credit card you used (and we give them our National EA member card/Executive), along with a print out of the reservation (you use to give them the hang tag too). Have they changed this since May? Also if you have a paper coupon needed (not an e-coupon), I guess they could request it too if they wanted to.

As an EC member (does not matter if it is regular or Exec) you don't need to use a kiosk, just go straight to the garage, select your vehicle and go to the exit. You really only need to show them your EC card (one of the perqs of being an EC member) and the hang tag and confirmation, (that is not necessary but, a wise thing to do) paper coupon if necessary, additional driver's drivers license and credit card if you are not using the one they have on file. Exceptions: if your license or cc has expired, they will want to see them.

checking rates just now saw no movement except Dollars 'special' rates have dropped again for my dates (approx. $190 for 8 days midsize all in).

just giving you a heads up about this code. Have a GREAT day.

After much research, I found a website that talked about this code in much detail. I will not be using it. Again, thanks for the heads up. I should have looked into better. I am glad we have a back up, I would rather pay 50.00 more then have a headache. You have a great day also. Thanks again.

So here is my drama for the day - I booked back in Sept with Dollar and did not have an Express ID at the time. No problem, the site says you can send them an email once you sign up and they will add it in for you.

So I booked a full size for $134 all in for 5 and 1/2 days which I thought was a pretty good rate. I sign up for a Dollar Express ID and once it's processed, I email it to them with my reservation. I receive an email back saying it's all good. Log on, check it and it looks fine. Fast forward to yesterday where I log in again on a whim just to check it (since I have been obsessively looking at car rentals rates for my Oct dates) and now the reservation says $211! I think not! I do nothing and it goes from $134 to $211?

I immediately send them an email and they apologize and fix it promptly (which I appreciated, I must admit. Good customer service on that end.). However, since I have worked with computer systems for so long, I can just imagine showing up down there and having the dreaded $211 price show up again because system X did not talk to system Y to fix my rate (and who knows why my rate mysteriously changed in the first place). Now I have to print out all this documentation and carry it with me just in case. Ug.

These prices need to come down ASAP. I just want to cancel this one and go with another company as I am not trusting them right now. I did see slight movement downward in the Costco rates this morning for Budget but nothing that touches the $134 rate I got in Sept from Dollar.

A cautionary tale just to check your reservation before you go. I just wish these rates would come down already!

So here is my drama for the day - I booked back in Sept with Dollar and did not have an Express ID at the time. No problem, the site says you can send them an email once you sign up and they will add it in for you.

So I booked a full size for $134 all in for 5 and 1/2 days which I thought was a pretty good rate. I sign up for a Dollar Express ID and once it's processed, I email it to them with my reservation. I receive an email back saying it's all good. Log on, check it and it looks fine. Fast forward to yesterday where I log in again on a whim just to check it (since I have been obsessively looking at car rentals rates for my Oct dates) and now the reservation says $211! I think not! I do nothing and it goes from $134 to $211?

I immediately send them an email and they apologize and fix it promptly (which I appreciated, I must admit. Good customer service on that end.). However, since I have worked with computer systems for so long, I can just imagine showing up down there and having the dreaded $211 price show up again because system X did not talk to system Y to fix my rate (and who knows why my rate mysteriously changed in the first place). Now I have to print out all this documentation and carry it with me just in case. Ug.

These prices need to come down ASAP. I just want to cancel this one and go with another company as I am not trusting them right now. I did see slight movement downward in the Costco rates this morning for Budget but nothing that touches the $134 rate I got in Sept from Dollar.

A cautionary tale just to check your reservation before you go. I just wish these rates would come down already!

I agree with you about the rates needing to come down - and soon! I looked at my reservation from two years ago, and I got a mid-size for 14 days for $154 thru Alamo for 9/25 to 10/9. My current trip is just a few weeks later (10/19 - 11/3) and the lowest I've been able to reserve for my 15 days is $278, and that was with Dollar a few weeks ago. It's much higher now. I really would prefer to use National or Alamo, but not at these prices! I do have a reservation with National for $448 using the KLM code, but that price hasn't budged in almost 2 months. My niece works for Enterprise, so I contacted her to ask her what gives. I will be interested to hear her response.

After much research, I found a website that talked about this code in much detail. I will not be using it. Again, thanks for the heads up. I should have looked into better. I am glad we have a back up, I would rather pay 50.00 more then have a headache. You have a great day also. Thanks again.

You are most welcome, glad I could help. I hate to see people get headaches on their vacations. :) Maybe, with any luck, your rate will drop the closer you get to your travel dates. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

It is a good practice to always print your reservation confirmation and bring it with you. If it is showing the 134.00 now, system x spoke with system y, however, most rental companies have one central system. It is usually human x that forgets to input into computer Y. 134.00 is not a bad rate. Once you pass 5 days you hit the weekly rate, so, 134.00 is pretty reasonable.

I agree with you about the rates needing to come down - and soon! I looked at my reservation from two years ago, and I got a mid-size for 14 days for $154 thru Alamo for 9/25 to 10/9. My current trip is just a few weeks later (10/19 - 11/3) and the lowest I've been able to reserve for my 15 days is $278, and that was with Dollar a few weeks ago. It's much higher now. I really would prefer to use National or Alamo, but not at these prices! I do have a reservation with National for $448 using the KLM code, but that price hasn't budged in almost 2 months. My niece works for Enterprise, so I contacted her to ask her what gives. I will be interested to hear her response.

It's rather silly to expect the rates from two years ago to be the same. :) Since your niece works for Enterprise, she can make a family/friends reservation for you, or send you a link to make it yourself. The prices may be better that way.

It's rather silly to expect the rates from two years ago to be the same. :) Since your niece works for Enterprise, she can make a family/friends reservation for you, or send you a link to make it yourself. The prices may be better that way.

I certainly don't expect the rates to be the same, but if I went with Alamo this time then the rate is almost 4 times as much as I paid two years ago, so I really don't think I'm being silly about complaining about their rates this year. Then again, maybe it's that extra day that is doing me in. LOL!!! I've given up on using her Enterprise friends and family rate, too. When you use that discount they make you take all of the extra insurance, so that usually ends up negating any savings and often ends up being much more expensive than what I can do on my own since I don't need the insurance.

I guess I'll just stick with my Dollar reservation and be happy that I booked that one when I did.

Made a reservation last may on Dollar, wanted to add one day and said any changes to reservation would be at new rate. It would more than $100 to my original plan. Book early not finding any last minute deals.

Does anyone else have an Alamo reservation with the Amex upgrade? Is the upgrade vehicle type already reflected on the reservation confirmation? Mine says full-size. I can't remember if I booked lower so this already an upgrade, or if I upgrade from there. I'm assuming that since my bypass ticket says full-size that it is already upgraded and so I go to the full size row. Any help would be appreciated. The more I look at it, the more I confuse myself. I think I just have looked at too many rental cars lately! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter