OCTOBER 2016 Car Rental Rate Watch Thread

I have a compact Oct 8 pickup at MCO drop off Oct 15 at Port Canaveral, using AS1, AP contract, and $25 coupon. It's only $105. I did online check in and didn't have an issue, so crossing my fingers. Worst case, we'll take DME to the resort, Uber/Lyft around the world, and Uber/Lyft to the port. We shall see.

Same plan here - 10/1-10/5 for $80. If the coupon fails we'll just uber/cab to & from Universal (we have a split hotel stay too, so the car is just easier).

Wow, did everyone give up? I had to go to page 3 to find this thread. Well needless to say, while the prices were starting to go down a few weeks ago, they have spiked back up. I always find that when they start talking about a hurricane the rental car prices jump. I was actually getting excited to see the prices head downward, but now I feel like I'm starting over. This is just like my August trip. No drops at all. I do have a rental booked, but still very high. I'm under 6 weeks to go now and checked faithfully.

Ours is still high. We have a full size through Costco for Alamo 9/23-10/8 with pick up at MCO and drop off at Port Canaveral for $330. I was hoping for a minivan, but it's quite a bit more. We will fit in a full size, but if a minivan is in the full size spots, we are gladly going to take it.

10/13-10/17, Mid size, Dollar Car Rental - DTD, using their City Special Rate, $107 total including all taxes and fees :).

Wow, did everyone give up? I had to go to page 3 to find this thread. Well needless to say, while the prices were starting to go down a few weeks ago, they have spiked back up. I always find that when they start talking about a hurricane the rental car prices jump. I was actually getting excited to see the prices head downward, but now I feel like I'm starting over. This is just like my August trip. No drops at all. I do have a rental booked, but still very high. I'm under 6 weeks to go now and checked faithfully.

I am still checking every day, but nothing is coming close to my 15-day rental of a full size through Dollar for $295. I am running on the assumption this might be the best I get (and in fact, is quite reasonable....that's under $150 a week, with tax: very reasonable!). And it was booked wwwaaaayyyyy back in ..... April?

I am still checking every day, but nothing is coming close to my 15-day rental of a full size through Dollar for $295. I am running on the assumption this might be the best I get (and in fact, is quite reasonable....that's under $150 a week, with tax: very reasonable!). And it was booked wwwaaaayyyyy back in ..... April?

That's a great rate!

I received this discount code in my child's school kids school supples that we bought via staples. It did not give me a big discount but it might work for you! Hertz PC#303461. CDP#2002325. ETA: 10% off

I'm not sure if these have been mentioned here or not, but I wanted to share. Hertz coupon code (PC) 111473 saves $5 off per day, up to $30; 111462 - 15% off; or 111495 - free day.

I don't think I am going to find anything better than what I already have either. $285 for a full size for 13 days through Alamo. I have been checking sporadically but nothing close to what I have.

Just booked a Mid-Sized SUV from Alamo for $210 total. Used AD3868JST and 7014627 (Costco) Only picked the class because it was the cheapest, even over economy and compact. Still will look for cheaper.

We have $229 mid SUV, with Alamo, using Costco website, so their codes and coupon, I did not change anything. We need this size vehicle, Oct 19-Nov 1. $229; I hope it will drop, but can live with it.

just decided to fly yesterday for our 10/15 trip! So now, on a mission for a minivan rental. Thanks for posting this!

I can't believe how expensive the rates are recently. Every time I check, it's almost double what I booked months ago. This is normally when things start dropping. Will keep checking, but nothing exciting to far. :(

I can't believe how expensive the rates are recently. Every time I check, it's almost double what I booked months ago. This is normally when things start dropping. Will keep checking, but nothing exciting to far. :(
oh, do they usually drop? This is good to know!

I just booked through Costco a Standard SUV for Oct 29 to Nov 7th for $257. I have a luxury car for same time period for $297. thinking I might go with the Luxury if its not a big difference. At the time Luxury was cheaper then Full size.

which car rental company are you using for the luxury car? are both your reservations with the same car rental company?

oh, do they usually drop? This is good to know!

Rarely do I find a better rate a few weeks out than what I already have booked.

This year for weeks end of February into March early May & mid August, the rates just kept rising.

Im so glad I booked a 'placeholder' reservation months ago even though I thought I was too expensive. Things have shifted to point where it's a bargin :sad2:

Jmho, book something, anything cancellable and check often.

Worst case can always try to Priceline, which is the way I went for August (booked a midsize wound up with Hertz again, bumped up to a small SUV).

Just booked a Mid-Sized SUV from Alamo for $210 total. Used AD3868JST and 7014627 (Costco) Only picked the class because it was the cheapest, even over economy and compact. Still will look for cheaper.

Just repeated the same codes for Alamo and it went down to $170 from $210. Oct. 4- Oct 9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter