**October 2016 Check-in!**

In two weeks and 2 hours we will be having dinner at Carnation Cafe! I started pre-packing, DD has to try on clothes to see what still fits from this Summer - she grows like a weed ;)

We got the party ticket today in the mail!!! They were sold out online and if ordering by phone it is either mail them or will call - both carry a $5 charge - and I rather have the tickets on hand than having to stand in line at will call and then at the gate. DD will be a cat, I will be Disbounding as a Jungle Cruise skipper, and DH...we are still working on that. Thinking of going as an 80's tourist, white socks, sandals, fannypack, hat with flaps on the back :P Told him he could go as a Dapper Dan - the shop he manages has striped buttondown shirts (I got a pink one for myself) but he refuses to get white pants.

For my JC Disbound I have a safari shirtdress that I have no idea where it came from (guessing thrift shop), a Headless Ned necklace I got on Etsy last year, and a pith hat I found on Tuesday at a thrift shop. So excited about finding the pith hat - was going to settle for a kid, plastic one but this one is perfect, and it was $2! Not sure if I want to bring my boots that look very safari-like, but they are HEAVY. Not so much when worn (although they are) but when packed. I could wear them on the plane but they are hard to take off, and I can see myself holding up the line at the airport. I am taking sandals and Converse sneakers (debating whether to take purple, yellow or blue) one of them might just have to do.

arrived today, love being back but DL is packed, wall to wall people
hope during the week the crowds lighten up

arrived today, love being back but DL is packed, wall to wall people
hope during the week the crowds lighten up
I was watching the wait times on the Disneyland app today and they looked pretty brutal. Also hoping for lighter crowds for the weekdays, we will be arriving on Wednesday. I hope I am wrong, but I am thinking it will be a busy week with all the school breaks

I was watching the wait times on the Disneyland app today and they looked pretty brutal. Also hoping for lighter crowds for the weekdays, we will be arriving on Wednesday. I hope I am wrong, but I am thinking it will be a busy week with all the school breaks

I have a feeling you will be right. The conversation on crowds, for this week in particular, have been on going. I hope for everyone's trip that we are all wrong! I will be watching touring plans daily to see what actual crowd levels occur. They say DL was a 10 out of 10 yesterday. DCA was a 9 out of 10.

I was just looking at the app, yep those times look crazy. We planned on going this week. So glad we had to push it back. I hope it gets better next week

last week wasn't bad at all. better than when we went for spring break when the Natural products expo was going on for sure.

We're down to a week to go! Starting laundry tomorrow and basic level of packing at the same time. We'd decided to add Ariel's Grotto for an early lunch on our first day which should time out pretty well for when we usually start hitting the wall. Plans seem to have come together now:

Sun: arrive LAX in the late morning and head to hotel near Universal Hollywood. Check out the park until close at 6 and hit Bubba Gumps for dinner.

Mon: Universal Hollywood open to close (or we just feel done) then Uber to DLH. I'm hoping we can get into Trader Sams once we've checked in!

Tues: DL EMH, Ariel's Grotto 11:20am then likely a Grizzly Run ride & hopefully grab evening RSR FP before heading back to the hotel for swim/air conditioning and chill time. Head back to the parks for the late afternoon/evening.

Wed: DCA EMH until about 11 or so then back to the hotel to swim and just relax. Head back to DL for 4 at the lastest for our Blue Bayou dinner and MHP for the evening!

Thurs: Plaza Inn breakfast at 9. Frozen lunch booked for 1:30 and WOC Dessert Party in the evening. We won't go hungry! I think this will kind of be a fill in what we haven't got to yet kind of day.

Friday: DCA EMH and head to the airport around 2 or 3. Boooo. Only good thing about leaving Friday is having all of Saturday and Sunday to recover before heading back to work! I do wish we had decided to stay the Friday night now though but oh well.

I was just looking at the app, yep those times look crazy. We planned on going this week. So glad we had to push it back. I hope it gets better next week

I wonder if the crowds have tapered off now. The wait times right now aren't too bad, especially for a busier time. Currently 50 minutes for Indy, 55 for Star Tours, 20 for Alice, 15 for Small World. Not bad at all, at least what we're used to, for a holiday weekend evening. Haunted Mansion is insane at 95 minutes, but that's the one ride that always has a very long line no matter when we go during October.

Last edited:
In two weeks and 2 hours we will be having dinner at Carnation Cafe! I started pre-packing, DD has to try on clothes to see what still fits from this Summer - she grows like a weed ;)

We got the party ticket today in the mail!!! They were sold out online and if ordering by phone it is either mail them or will call - both carry a $5 charge - and I rather have the tickets on hand than having to stand in line at will call and then at the gate. DD will be a cat, I will be Disbounding as a Jungle Cruise skipper, and DH...we are still working on that. Thinking of going as an 80's tourist, white socks, sandals, fannypack, hat with flaps on the back :P Told him he could go as a Dapper Dan - the shop he manages has striped buttondown shirts (I got a pink one for myself) but he refuses to get white pants.

For my JC Disbound I have a safari shirtdress that I have no idea where it came from (guessing thrift shop), a Headless Ned necklace I got on Etsy last year, and a pith hat I found on Tuesday at a thrift shop. So excited about finding the pith hat - was going to settle for a kid, plastic one but this one is perfect, and it was $2! Not sure if I want to bring my boots that look very safari-like, but they are HEAVY. Not so much when worn (although they are) but when packed. I could wear them on the plane but they are hard to take off, and I can see myself holding up the line at the airport. I am taking sandals and Converse sneakers (debating whether to take purple, yellow or blue) one of them might just have to do.

Take photos.

I'm actually going to Disney world in a few and I'm going disbounding as well.
I'm doing a little play on Mary Poppins. I'm also working on an Alice and Snow White.

Attachments

• IMG_4924.JPG
    IMG_4924.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 14
Take photos.

I'm actually going to Disney world in a few and I'm going disbounding as well.
I'm doing a little play on Mary Poppins. I'm also working on an Alice and Snow White.

That dress is so cute!! Have fun at Disney World!

Ack, these scary wait time reports are making me a little nervous!! I know Halloween weekend (when we're going) is going to be nuts, so I just need to accept that! I just keep telling myself as long as we get on Star Tours (for my boyfriend, not such a priority for me since we'll be in WDW next month and I know it's the same. He's just a huge fan!), Pirates, and Indy!! Everything else is an extra. Just excited to stroll down the OG Main Street for the first time!!

Ack, these scary wait time reports are making me a little nervous!! I know Halloween weekend (when we're going) is going to be nuts, so I just need to accept that! I just keep telling myself as long as we get on Star Tours (for my boyfriend, not such a priority for me since we'll be in WDW next month and I know it's the same. He's just a huge fan!), Pirates, and Indy!! Everything else is an extra. Just excited to stroll down the OG Main Street for the first time!!

If you're used to WDW wait times then busy season DLR wait times will feel like average WDW waits with the exception of HM and ToT. HM is worth doing though since we get the nightmare before christmas overlay and it's my understanding the WDW doesnt get the overlay. Get a FP for it and you'll be fine. do Indy and star tours early in the morning and you'll be fine. ToT is coming to an end on the west coast and all of last week when I was there there they weren't doing FP for it so the lines did get to 120 minutes but if you have no attachment to the west coast ToT and you can ride it in WDW next month then I'd say skip it.

Make use of the traditional FP system. I often got 5-7 a day last week which sure does beat 3 a day. When you get your Star Tours FP take a few steps to the left and grab a Buzz one at the same time since Buzz is disconnected.

Enjoy the OG Main Street and remember that it's the same Main street that Walt walked down. if you really look for the little details you will be charmed for sure. Enjoy it early in the day since at mid afternoon it can get crowded. If you really want to enjoy main street get a bite to eat at Carnation Cafe and get an outside seat. Also get off of main street before the parade on monday and Wednesday if you can. Mickey's Soundsational ends just as the Party guests are arriving and when you add party guest mass entrance to parade crowds mass exodus its a zoo.

FYI I just released my Breakfast with Minnie on Friday 10/14 at 10am if anyone wants it! I was waiting for a spot to open on a different day and it did! Yay!!!

If you're used to WDW wait times then busy season DLR wait times will feel like average WDW waits with the exception of HM and ToT. HM is worth doing though since we get the nightmare before christmas overlay and it's my understanding the WDW doesnt get the overlay. Get a FP for it and you'll be fine. do Indy and star tours early in the morning and you'll be fine. ToT is coming to an end on the west coast and all of last week when I was there there they weren't doing FP for it so the lines did get to 120 minutes but if you have no attachment to the west coast ToT and you can ride it in WDW next month then I'd say skip it.

Make use of the traditional FP system. I often got 5-7 a day last week which sure does beat 3 a day. When you get your Star Tours FP take a few steps to the left and grab a Buzz one at the same time since Buzz is disconnected.

Enjoy the OG Main Street and remember that it's the same Main street that Walt walked down. if you really look for the little details you will be charmed for sure. Enjoy it early in the day since at mid afternoon it can get crowded. If you really want to enjoy main street get a bite to eat at Carnation Cafe and get an outside seat. Also get off of main street before the parade on monday and Wednesday if you can. Mickey's Soundsational ends just as the Party guests are arriving and when you add party guest mass entrance to parade crowds mass exodus its a zoo.

"Fortunately" we'll be there on a Friday and Saturday so no worries about the Mon/Wed parade. We do have a reservation for lunch at Carnation Cafe--I am SO incredibly excited for that meal!! And yes, what you're say about Main Street being the one Walt walked down just really hammers it home for me. Yes, there are attractions I very much want to experience. But at the end of the day, just walking around and taking in those details and appreciating this land he created...that's what's going to be so special about this trip!
That is honestly very reassuring re: wait times. I've been watching the app like a hawk and with the exception of RSR (which we plan on riding at RD or single rider), I haven't thought anything is that bad. HM is definitely a priority for the overlay, likely with FP as you recommend! My only DL experience was one day at DCA in 2007, and I did ride ToT then. I honestly thought it was inferior to the DHS ToT, so I'll be okay if we have to skip it. 5-7 FP does sound MUCH better than 3 FP+ (although, if I'm being honest, my Type A self LOVES picking ride times in advance LOL)!
Thanks for the tip on Buzz!! Would be awesome to hold two FP at once, and to experience the superior Buzz. (So I've heard!)

The day is finally here. I can't believe it! We should be checking into the Disneyland Hotel around 4pm. We have dinner reservations at the Rainforest Cafe at 6pm. We need to activate our APs at some point this evening and then rise and shine nice and early tomorrow for EMH at Disneyland! So excited!!

The day is finally here. I can't believe it! We should be checking into the Disneyland Hotel around 4pm. We have dinner reservations at the Rainforest Cafe at 6pm. We need to activate our APs at some point this evening and then rise and shine nice and early tomorrow for EMH at Disneyland! So excited!!

Congrats-enjoy your trip.

I'm trying to watch the app (who isn't at this point? I mean, I look even if I don't have a trip!), but I cannot seem to look at the right times...Can someone please tell me if they've seen RSR ever have NOT crazy lines, like maybe during WOC? I know we can do FP (and we sooo will), but we will have the first night when we're getting in later, and I guarantee at least half my crew will be more interested in RSR but they're also the ones not old enough to do Single Rider. Our 3 day hoppers are going to be awesome, but we are "really" only going for 2 days, and any extra stuff we can squeeze in while our kids are still on central standard time...:rotfl: (Crazy it was still cheaper to do the citypass and have a third park day at DLR, even with all the "october is free in san diego" stuff!! I guess because we have so many kids ;) )
Thank you!:disrocks:

RSR always has long wait times. Period. I had a FP last week and I still waited a half an hour. the RSR wait is much easier on us though because at least the queue is roomy and scenic. It's a long wait no matter how you slice it though.

RSR always has long wait times. Period. I had a FP last week and I still waited a half an hour. the RSR wait is much easier on us though because at least the queue is roomy and scenic. It's a long wait no matter how you slice it though.
Thank you! I had that sinking suspicion, and I do like the theming of the queue, it's probably my top-favorite ride because of theming overall! I just haven't been to DLR with my kids and man is it a game-changer lol. I was spoiled by taking 2 solo runDisney trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter