• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2019 Check-In Thread!

Hours are almost up for our end of October visit. It's starting to feel real! Made our only table service ressie for Blue Bayou yesterday. I have way too many quick service food items I want to try, so table service had to get cut to make room!

BB is also our only TS in early Oct - we're doing a F! package. At WDW we do tons of TS, but we never feel like we need to at DLR. Lots of good quick service to try! :) We also like being less scheduled.

Me and my wife, along with 16 yr old son and 14 yr old daughter will be at DL October 7-12 and staying at HoJo. We are doing universal 6-7 and moving to hojo for 5 days at DL.

We have quite a few dining reservations, but one I am most excited is wife and I doing WoC dessert party on the 11th

I’m planning to buy tickets today!

If I can actually decide what I want, that is. The plan all along has been to get 4 day park hoppers: 1 day for the arrival, 3 full days. The day we leave would be a character breakfast, with a flight at 2 pm. I’m like thisclose to getting 5 days because what if we have an extra hour on the day we leave. But I know that’s crazy. And I should just do 4 days.

I’m also having problems getting any reservation at Lamplight Lounge for any meal any day of our trip.

I may just call today to see if it’s actually booked up or if it’s the system. I just don’t want to be on hold forever.

I checked on a whim on Saturday and brunch reservations were available! I think maybe the brunch reservations can only be made about 4-6 weeks out instead of the usual 60 days? Don't know, just glad I got one! Hopefully you can too!

I checked on a whim on Saturday and brunch reservations were available! I think maybe the brunch reservations can only be made about 4-6 weeks out instead of the usual 60 days? Don't know, just glad I got one! Hopefully you can too!
Yeah, apparently they’ve been super slow at getting everything plugged into the calendar this fall. We were able to get a reservation for our trip! I’m glad we’re all in this together!

We leave two weeks from today and I can hardly stand it! Finally going home after a 2.5 year hiatus (March 2017 was our last trip). This will also be our first fall visit since we were local AP holders 6 years ago. We went to WDW in July and had a great trip, but it’s just not the same - it’s not home! MK especially made me homesick for DL. This is also our first trip to DLR actually staying in a hotel and making a true vacation out of it - we were locals for 7 years of visits and have stayed with local family for visits since. We’re so excited for all the new things since our last visit - GOTG, Pixar Pier, SWGE, etc. And for the DL RR since we haven’t ridden that in years due to the closure and I miss it! AND for Oogie Boogie Bash, our first hard ticket event at DLR! We discovered how much we love Disney’s hard ticket events this summer at WDW when we did a few of them!

Getting so close for us October visitors! Can’t wait!!!!

I cannot wait to be in DL!!!!

I will be going with my husband on a short trip following our WDW trip October 3-4 and then with my friend for our yearly girls' trip October 11-14. We were even able to get the night of October 3rd on points at the Californian!

Yes ma’am. Unless anything comes up, I’ll definitely be there at rope drop on the 20th :-).

How late do you usually stay? That is our arrival day, but our flight doesn’t land until 10:30 your time so by the time we get our bags and an Uber to BWPPI and get some lunch it will probably be later afternoon before we make it into the park. If you see us (we still look like my profile pic which was taken last October, except my son is taller) please say hi!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter