October 20th 2007 Western Magic Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cass, your baby looks just like you. I think you should post a pic of her once a month since babies change so much in the first year. She won't change that dramatically again until puberty, and believe me, the baby-look change is a lot more fun to watch than the "young woman" change!:rotfl2: Anyway, she is absolutely adorable!

As for a DisMeet, we are up for anything as well. We are arriving late on Friday, so I guess we'll have to catch up to everyone on Saturday.

Lindy, congrats on your May 08 trip. That sounds so tempting. We are planning 2 weeks at WDW in June 08. It'll be our first time in a DVC and we can't wait! But I have to say that the Freedom and Liberty sound great! We want to take our kids on a cruise when my DD graduates high school (2011), so that might be our time to skip a DCL cruise and go on the Freedom or Liberty since the kids will be older.

Ok, after seeing Cass' pic of beautiful Baby Kira, I feel the need to post......
not a beautiful baby, but a beautiful view from my "happy place." Have a great day, y'all.

Cruise06082.jpg

Actually Disgrits, Cass takes weekly photos of her and she'll probably do a slide show of it all after 52 weeks. Maybe if you bug her enough, she might do a 2nd slideshow on her website so can see how much she's changed in the last 12 weeks. Cass does a wonderful job, she puts the week# and everything into the photo so you can really see the changes.
Kira will be 12 weeks tomorrow btw, time sure flies!
Nice pic btw, thanks for sharing :)

Here's one of my favourite DCL pics, sunset isn't bad either.
cass_sunset.jpg

Actually Disgrits, Cass takes weekly photos of her and she'll probably do a slide show of it all after 52 weeks. Maybe if you bug her enough, she might do a 2nd slideshow on her website so can see how much she's changed in the last 12 weeks. Cass does a wonderful job, she puts the week# and everything into the photo so you can really see the changes.
Kira will be 12 weeks tomorrow btw, time sure flies!
Nice pic btw, thanks for sharing :)

Ok, Cass, you heard it.....now get to it!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: We're waiting....:surfweb:

Darkrobe, you are so right...time flies! Y'all are getting to the stage that is my favorite.....5 months through 9 months. They are so much fun and not yet mobile! Enjoy. Enjoy. Enjoy. BTW, you and my DH share the same name-Rob. I am sure there will be no confusion on the cruise though, because when I say his name,I usually tack on a little sarcasm.:lmao: :lmao:

Alot of us on the thread wore a small green ribbon tied on hand bags or in hair etc. We had a planned meet at 3pm by the Mickey pool which was wonderful, as the kids could go in the pool and play ( great if they are a bit shy, gives them something in common) and the adults meeted each other and exchanged small gifts. ( Kind of Distagging but in one big go ! ) Count us in for a meet ........... wearing what ever.... within reason!;)

What a good idea - 3pm, by the Pool or deck 10? How about if we all wear lei's. We'll be ready for Sailaway! This will be easy for us to bring over or buy in Walmart the day we arrive. On our first Disney Cruise we met up with another DIS group and we exchanged postcards and sweeties fom home.

Rick and I don't arrive until Thursday afternoon. We have a complete day already organised for Friday (Segway tour at EPCOT, etc) as it's Dave's birthday, so we won't be able to meet up before hand.

Anyway, just need to get our thinking caps on!
Heather

We can set up a poll in the Yahoo Group to see where everyone would like to have a DISmeet / Tag-Info meet.

What time is the Muster Drill? We want to be careful about trying to get together too close to that or we may not have enough time for everyone to show up.

Personally I'm not a fan of meeting prior to Sailaway - it doesn't leave much time for people who are running late or who may need to make reservations for stuff once they board the ship.

But that's just me...I'm open to suggestions (of which I currently have none - ;) )

Nancy... you want to keep track here on the thread of people's suggestions for places to have a DISmeet? Once we have a fair number of ideas we can create a poll and let everyone vote.

The one with the most votes wins - nice and democratic!

OH! I do have an idea.... Let's have the DISmeet in AFEG's suite!

It rhymes - DISmeet in the suite!
AFEG would be a fabulous host
It would be nice and private and out of the elements just in case the weather is cruddy.

Chris, no pressure! It's OK for you to nip this idea in the bud, especially if you don't want 50+ DISsers traipsing through your stateroom. :goodvibes

Good evening lady's,Brenda the way i feel now I'd idea to ANYTHING...:eek: I NEED MY BED,WHERE IS MY BED?....Three planes,one helicopter ride,his Limo :-)rotfl2: 1996 mondeo)and a paranoid sweatie Turkish dwarf...Thier has to be better ways to earn a living...good night ....:sad2:

Okay...I need to hear more about the paranoid Turkish dwarf....

Where the heck were you and dare I ask what you were doing while you were there? :lmao:

.:)Tinker_Belle:-)., Edmonton is a three hour drive north of here. Why do you ask??

Someone please tell my husband to stop posting pics of me on here!!! :3dglasses He won't listen to me :rolleyes: AAAccckkkk!!

As for meets, well we can have a meet every night in the Adult hot tub :laughing: That's where I will be every night at 11pm-ish!! :teeth:

Fabulous idea, Cass!

Who's bringing the drinks? ;)

Love the picture of Kira - it really does look like she's blowing a kiss!

Nancy... you want to keep track here on the thread of people's suggestions for places to have a DISmeet? Once we have a fair number of ideas we can create a poll and let everyone vote.

The one with the most votes wins - nice and democratic!

You got it Brenda!!

Here are the results so far:

Konked Kruiser : Where : When:
Paige anywhere Saturday

Brenda AFEGS Suite Saturday 5:00 (as long as the Cards aren't playing)

Chris AFEGS Suite Doesn't Care
(agreeable at the present time)

Karen Terminal?? Embarkation time

Linda Mickey Pool or Deck 10 3:00pm Saturday

Heather Mickey Pool or Deck 10 3:00 pm Saturday

Cass Mickey Pool 3:00 pm Saturday (no green shirts :))

Other suggestions:
Linda: Wear Green Ribbons at Port
Nancy: Wear Mardi Gras Beads at Port
Heather: Wear Leis (Hawaiian Flower Necklaces) at Port
Cass: Don't make me wear a green shirt!!

Please add your suggestions to this post and we can keep track that way.

nancy, you're a dear! But...no one can add to your post other than you. ;)

I guess I should have been more clear earlier - I don't like meeting prior to Sailaway, but if we are going to do that then we need to cognizant of when the muster drill is so that we aren't too pinched for time.

Personally, I'd rather meet around 5PM - after the sailaway party when people are starting to clear out a bit and head to their cabins.

Although knowing Jay and me, we'll miss the sailway again because of baseball.

.:)Tinker_Belle:-)., Edmonton is a three hour drive north of here. Why do you ask??

Someone please tell my husband to stop posting pics of me on here!!! :3dglasses He won't listen to me :rolleyes: AAAccckkkk!!

As for meets, well we can have a meet every night in the Adult hot tub :laughing: That's where I will be every night at 11pm-ish!! :teeth:

We learned about Canada earlier this year and we had to plan a trip through it for a project, finding out that West Edmonton Mall is the largest square footage mall in the world. Have you ever been to it? It sounds awesome.

.:)Tinker_Belle:-)., Yes, of course I've been to West Ed (that's what it's known as here) but haven't been in a few years. I went MANY times as a teenager, it's an awesome place, it even has an indoor amusement park with an awesome rollercoaster!! But it's the only good thing about Edmonton :laughing:

The last cruise we had a meet at the Mickey pool at 3pm and that seemed to work out well. It was a little crazy and loud but it worked. I am sure that we will spot each other in the terminal regardless of what we are wearing (please don't make me wear a lime green t-shirt!! :scared1: )

.:)Tinker_Belle:-)., Yes, of course I've been to West Ed (that's what it's known as here) but haven't been in a few years. I went MANY times as a teenager, it's an awesome place, it even has an indoor amusement park with an awesome rollercoaster!! But it's the only good thing about Edmonton :laughing:

The last cruise we had a meet at the Mickey pool at 3pm and that seemed to work out well. It was a little crazy and loud but it worked. I am sure that we will spot each other in the terminal regardless of what we are wearing (please don't make me wear a lime green t-shirt!! :scared1: )

I would really like to get there, to Toronto, and Quebec sometime! It sounds really cool and fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter