• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October/Halloween Trip Reports

Just saw the Halloween activities schedule for all resorts this is what is mentioned for the Fort:
Pet Costume parade
Halloween Awards by the Campfire (best campsite decorating and golf cart parade
and Campfire sing-a-long

For all other resorts it lists ToT times

Sorry to read about the ToT chaos at FW. We are staying at FW over Halloween (first stay!). Our plans on Halloween are MK, rest, Cart parade, dinner BBQ at FW, then watching the Fireworks. NOT giving out candy, but we are in a cabin anyway. We will see the decorations prior to the 31st.

I am so excited!!

Yikes just saw the cart parade is the 30th, and the pet contest is the 31st?

Yes, that is new this year, they swapped the dates around for the parade and pet costume contest. I think this will be better, that way you are not rushed to get from the cart parade back to your site for trick or treating.

Loved being in the golf cart last year but will miss it this year as we will be at the MNSSHP on the 30th.

Well change of plans because of Hurricane Matthew we are now leaving Sunday and taking our time to get to south florida. I hope he goes away and does not loop back around. Taking this trip has It Goes I guess. Will not be the first time we have to change because of Hurricanes I think they follow me lol.

Well change of plans because of Hurricane Matthew we are now leaving Sunday and taking our time to get to south florida. I hope he goes away and does not loop back around. Taking this trip has It Goes I guess. Will not be the first time we have to change because of Hurricanes I think they follow me lol.
Well please be safe. Hope the hurricane doesn't mess with your vacation too much.

We just got back from a weekend trip to a local state park to break in our new TT. Learned what we love, what we need to make adjustments to and one "uh oh" moment, lol. Now that we have her broke in, I am so ready to get started on our Fort trip. 18 more days.

Last edited:
We just got back from a weekend trip to a local state park to break in our new TT. Learned what we love, what we need to make adjustments to and one "uh oh" moment, lol. Now that we have her broke in, I am so ready to get started on our Fort trip. 18 more days.
A friend of ours just got a Class A and this is their first venture into RV/Camping. I told him he needed to take a quick trip (close to home Ideally) and to bring the wallet for all those "Uh Ohs!" He was "Shocked" at that, but most folks I know always have a bit of a learning curve when starting out. Unfortunately it usually includes a payment of some sort.

We have had many learning curves with our class A (owned 15 months). OK now that the Granddaughters wedding is over, it is time to complete all the Camping prep for this upcoming Halloween trip. I have made up 75 give-away bags and need to go ahead and get them filled. I still have some sewing to do and only 1 weekend to get it all done in! Sunpass check to make sure there is enough money on it, check. More tie wraps, check, extra pop up tent, check. more extension cords (need). I love camping prep!

A friend of ours just got a Class A and this is their first venture into RV/Camping. I told him he needed to take a quick trip (close to home Ideally) and to bring the wallet for all those "Uh Ohs!" He was "Shocked" at that, but most folks I know always have a bit of a learning curve when starting out. Unfortunately it usually includes a payment of some sort.

I got lucky that my "uh oh" didn't cost me any money. First time with a slide and first time with a murphy bed. Started putting slide in and heard a loud CRUNCH!!! Oh crap, forgot to fold up the murphy bed :scared1: ! Thank goodness I stopped it in time, no damage done. Lesson learned. :blush:

I feel like someone took away my favorite new toy . Took our new TT in today for warranty service on the radio (volume didn't work on outside speakers). Weird not seeing it in the driveway. They have 11 days to get it done, no pressure .

Just finishing with last minute preparations. Suitcases packed, Sunpass located, passports at the ready. Our flight leaves early Friday morning and we should be landing at MCO at lunchtime.
Wishing everyone travelling to the Fort safe travels and we look forward to meeting some of you there.

Safe travels, Judyfun and Boomer1 (and anyone else I've overlooked). I'll be following your updates.

Bama Ed

We leave one week from today we started getting ready this weekend.

So far this weekend we have:

Got trailer from storage lot and parked it in driveway
Cleaned the inside and made beds.
Load up Halloween decorations.
Bought toys for grand daughter. :)
Made food shopping list.
Finished making fast pass reservations.

Still have to:
Wash and wax trailer
Shop for food.
Pack clothes.

So excited that my grand daughter is coming!!!!!!!!!

This time next week we will be getting ready for diner at Trails End

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter