October veterans, I need your opinions!

lisaes

Mouseketeer
Can any of you October veterans give me their past experiences with crowds? Our trip is in 11 days (yea!) which means we'll be there from 5 - 12. Some people say it's not too busy at all but I just read a post where because Disney extended their hours and added another Spectromagic, they are anticipating big crowds.
I have only been their twice before, once in August (don't even what to talk about it) and September (NO WAIT AT ALL!) so I am anxious to hear what all you pros found when you all visited then.

We went last October, but it was towards the end of the month. I thought that the crowds were fine. It wasn't empty by any stretch and there were crowds, but with fastpass and getting to the parks early, we never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes in line. Overall, I never felt that the crowds were bad. The weather was gorgeous and perfect for the waterparks too! Last October was by far the best trip we had and we've been a bunch of times over many different months.

Have a great trip!

:sunny:

lisaes,

We will be at Disney the 5th - 10th. Crowds shouldn't be that bad at all. However, MNSSHP is on the 8th (we're going!), and the F&W Festival is starting on Oct. 1st.

Still, I don't think it will be very bad.

See you there!

Mickeydad:wave2:

I was the one who made that other post, and I am in no way an expert, just stating what I thought might be Disney's reasoning for extending hours. That being said, I have found that what one person calls crowded may not be the same as another persons idea of crowded. Last year towards the end of the week leading up to Columbus Day the wait times in MK were 45 to 60 min. in Fantasyland. Just be prepared, use fastpass and you'll be fine.

we arrive on oct 12 and will be going to the parks on the 13th

I was wondering how the crowds are after columbus day

I hope we planned late enought that the crowds from the holiday will be on their way home;)

we were scheduled to leave oct 9 thru the 16th

Mickeydad: We're going to MNNSHP on the 8th too! Are you planning on dressing up for it? Maybe we'll see y'all there!

We've been in October many times. I've never found the crowds to be bad. There are some tour groups, and the golf classic brings in some people, but wisely attacking your day and utilizing fastpass always works well for us. I wouldn't go to MK on Columbus Day itself, tried that once, and would pick another park for that particular day. Wish I was going this October!

I will be going in OCT 28 thru NOV 2.............do you think that week will be even less busy??

when just this past MAY (end of MAY) will never do that again..way HOT way CROWDED.

I have gone a couple of times mid-Oct. This trip we'll be ther 10/6-9. When ever we have gone in Oct. I would say lightly crowded. Went in the summer once and no where as crowded as summer. Expect lines but not too bad. Use fast pass when ever possible and get there when the park opens.

My plan this trip is to hit MK on the day of the night they are having the "Not So Scary Party". I figure the park won't be so crowded during the day as everyone will be there at night for the party.

brooke1,

Your trip soand the beginning of "Jersey Week", so there will probably be some crowds.

DH and I have been there several times in Mid-October and we love it!! The weather is usually very nice and still warm - the crowds have varied but have never been really crowded - the longest wait times we have ever had were about 45 min for the big rides and that was over Columbus day weekend at MK - we just used fast pass and that was that. Hope you and everyone going in Oct has a magical trip.

Only 10 days to go for our next trip !!!!!!:teeth:

something about the NJ school districts being out and NJ is the number one visitor to WDW. Also, the entire month of October, in my opinion, is iffy since there are a lot of fall breaks going on at this time. I much prefer September and early December - no one is there! Parts of November if you avoid the days before and after Thanksgiving too.

Would I be wrong to think that many people have had to reschedule due to recent storms and some of them might be there in October also? Just a thought.

SG/Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter