Odd question about room category

SouthernSoprano

Livin' the Dream....and Beating Breast Cancer!
Is there a way to tell by looking at my reservation whether I have a preferred room or standard?
The reason I'm asking is this: Back when I booked my original res in Feb, I was booked in two rooms at Caribbean Beach. Then when the renovations were announced, my family was moved to a Saratoga Springs 2 bedroom villa. :-)
I have no idea whether it was a preferred room or not. I realize I could call and find out, just wanted to know if there was any way to find out without calling, like somewhere specific to look. Its about time to start looking at what building/area to request at SSR, and I need to know which one I can even look for. :thumbsup2

My guess is that there are more preferred villas available since they take more points (like at BWV where cash reservations usually get preferred locations - pool/garden). So I'd plan on maybe Springs and Congress Park. But then again, there are more villas in the standard category (Grandstand, Paddock and Carousel), so you might get standard. Then Carousel might be my guess.

Not providing category information on a cash reservation allows the room assigner to put you anywhere that they have availability.

:earsboy: Bill

Is there a way to tell by looking at my reservation whether I have a preferred room or standard?
The reason I'm asking is this: Back when I booked my original res in Feb, I was booked in two rooms at Caribbean Beach. Then when the renovations were announced, my family was moved to a Saratoga Springs 2 bedroom villa. :-)
I have no idea whether it was a preferred room or not. I realize I could call and find out, just wanted to know if there was any way to find out without calling, like somewhere specific to look. Its about time to start looking at what building/area to request at SSR, and I need to know which one I can even look for. :thumbsup2

As already posted, you really don't have a "category". My advice is to just request the location/building you'd like to have and hope for some pixie dust. :) You might just get lucky again. The more general your requests, the more likely it is to be granted. SSR is a very large resort.

I don't think there is but that's quite a move up either way. Likely you'll get preferred since that seems to be more available but I don't think there's a clear and easy answer. I'd come up with the best 2 choices, one in each, and that should cover you. Maybe Congress Park and Grandstands. That way you have a top choice for each type.

I don't think there is but that's quite a move up either way. Likely you'll get preferred since that seems to be more available but I don't think there's a clear and easy answer. I'd come up with the best 2 choices, one in each, and that should cover you. Maybe Congress Park and Grandstands. That way you have a top choice for each type.

Nice idea! Appreciate it. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter