Off Topic: Aaawwww. Name that puppy

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
DH was at Petsmart and a little female black lab/cocker spaniel 3 month young puppy stole his heart. Aaaawww. (The Humane Society was there.) :rolleyes:
The puppy and Omega (our 2 year old female black lab--adopted 1 1/2 years ago) got along fine. I have to take our old gal, Toby, in tomorrow to see how she reacts to the puppy. There shouldn't be a problem.
The only downside is we are dropping our dogs off at a kennel on the 25th until June 3. (So CA trip)
But I can't imagine there wouldn't be enough room in the dog's condo room for that little puppy. (Doesn't the word Puppy just make you wanna go "Aawwww"? ;)
If all goes okay, what shall we name her? Her current name is Clarinda. Wondering if the person who named her is from Clarinda, Iowa. :confused:
I think a Disney name would be good. DH said Cruella! :eek: How about Lady? Too common?

PUPPY!

I love puppies!!! Congrats on the new addition to your family! Let's see. What personality traits have you noticed about the little pup so far? That could help you think of a name. Our dog is a beagle and we named him Snoopy because he always has his nose to the ground snooping on everything! Does the pup have any quirky habits?

OOOOOOOH this is so exciting!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

just so you will know the good ones when you hear them. How about Soca (because you were going to southern california) or maybe just DL (and I know you can get that reference). Minniegirl?

From what I saw so far, she seems pretty kicked back. So is our Miss Omega. (She truly is an Omega dog.)
The puppy was playful and already attached to the Humane Society woman (who had only been with her a few hours.)
Soca isn't too bad!
What is the female mother dog's name in 102 Dal?
We took days to name Omega. We also need a name that can't be easily confused with a command (anything that sounds like Down or No).

We wanted a disney name for our lab/retriever mix, but our 3 yr old dd started calling her Molly Belle (molly for short), so we really did not have any other choice.

How about a name from one of the newer movies? We have some fish - Dot, Flik, Nala, Simba,and Walt.

You know, if I had a female dog, I'd stray from the animal characters' names and go for a Disney heroine's name! A good one for your new pup might be Mulan or Jasmine because they have black hair. There are also non-Disney names like Onyx, Ebony, Sable, Midnight... Do any of these sound remotely appealing???

I wanna see a picture of the dog!!!!! I am so excited! I love puppies!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I found the following and thought it was interesting regarding PLUTO:

"Why would a family entertainment studio, known for its sweet children's cartoons, deliberately name one of their more popular characters after the god of death and the underworld? True, Pluto was also the god of riches, but that doesn't make sense either. Sure, the cartoon studio is wealthy, but isn't it odd the only character with a mythological name glorifies the god of shadows? .... the Romans didn't like Pluto, so why should anyone else?"

Not a Disney name, but interesting. The date mentioned towards the end is my birthday too. Hhhmmm...

"VESTA (Veh'-Stah, Female): This fire goddess might remind you of the Greek HESTIA since they both emphasized the stabilizing influence of a well tended fire. But unlike the Greek goddess, Vesta not only kept watch over the domestic fires of the Roman citizens, she also personified the sacred flame of Rome. Perpetually burning in a temple near the Forum, the ever blazing fire was carefully tended to by young women chosen for the task of maintaining the flame. These "Vestal Virgins" were to remain within the confines of the temple for a period of thirty years, all the while remaining chaste. Their job was considered most important since it was believed that should the flame go out, the fall of Rome was imminent. Vesta...her festival (called the Vestalia) was observed on June 7."

That's todays mythology lesson, boys and girls. ;)

AAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! :D

How about Cinder? After Cinderella, and to go with the black fur?

CINDER! I like it!! I like it!!
If Toby "accepts" the little pup at the shelter tomorrow, we are all set! (We didn't name Toby.:rolleyes: Everyone thinks she is a male because of her name.)

I think a great name for a dog would be DISNEY.

You want to name her a Disney name - can't get any more Disney then that.

Darlene

but I like the suggestion of Jasmine.....Jassy for short....or to go the way of the world...Ryley is what I would pick. We have a golden who was supposed to be a male named Rocky, but the little male didnt like my son so we got a little girl and named her Roxy.....she is now 90 lbs of fur and love.....My 16 year old is working on us for a jack russell her friend breeds, she is about one pound and adorable.....oh its hard to say no when the puppies are so cute......

good luck no matter what you choose

cindy (lol.....you could just call her cindy)

I vote for Cinder!

In 102 the mom dog's name was Dotty I think-- pongo and perdita were in there too, but Oddball, little dipper, and domino were the puppies of Dipstick and Dotty( I think that's her name)

She is an absolute CUTIE!!!!!!!!
And all the dogs (three with the new one) are getting along great!
It's funny to see our 87 lb black lab female running with a pup that weighs probably 17 lbs!:)
She's wanting to doze finally and it's just after 9:00. Guess I am too! ;)
She's spade and has shots and all. But her first Doctor visit is Wednesday.
One of our trainers is so wonderful! She is going to dog sit for the baby while we are gone next week! I have to be sure to buy her something very special! (The trainer AND the dog!:)

I love Cinder - how cute!!

We also have 3 and it is great towatch them play together. We only have one with a Disney name "Mickey". The other 2 were rescues and were really too old to rename.

I also would love to applaud you for getting your dog through Humane Society. All 3 of our dogs were rescues through my cousin who has a grooming shop. Good for you!!

mindy <----- sound like minnie but not the same or
trusty
georgette from oliver and company
Ana if your trip was to anihiem ca
or peg from lady and the tramp

hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter