Official 2010 College Football Discussion Thread

I just had to chime in to support my TIGERS in the SEC.......

LSU.....GEAUX TIGERS !!!!

I just had to chime in to support my TIGERS in the SEC.......

LSU.....GEAUX TIGERS !!!!

Welcome Tiger fan!

I mean Gator Bait!

I will see you in The Swamp on October 9!

War damn home field advantage!

TCD

I plan on having it projected on my 14 foot Mickey ears screen for all to see.

I can't wait to see that 14 footer on Labor Day weekend. Is it HD?

I was just trying to do some planning for my Labor Day weekend, and was looking for when the BSU v. Va Tech game would be played.

Did you know it isn't being played until Monday night at 8 pm?

Like last year's FSU v. Miami game.

College Football on a Monday night?

Boo!

TCD

I was just trying to do some planning for my Labor Day weekend, and was looking for when the BSU v. Va Tech game would be played.

Did you know it isn't being played until Monday night at 8 pm?

Like last year's FSU v. Miami game.

College Football on a Monday night?

Boo!

TCD

The NFL season doesn't start until the following weekend, and with Monday being a holiday they figure they can garner some good ratings by showcasing a game that night. And good ratings generates lots of cash. And isn't that what it's all about?

Wait, you thought it was about the game and the kids? :laughing:

The NFL season doesn't start until the following weekend, and with Monday being a holiday they figure they can garner some good ratings by showcasing a game that night. And good ratings generates lots of cash. And isn't that what it's all about?

Wait, you thought it was about the game and the kids? :laughing:

Exactly.

I think last year's FSU v. Miami game drew big ratings.

And this ($$$) is also why we have Thursday night games, too.

Oh well.

It's all good.

I would rather watch college football on Saturday.

But, Monday works too.

War damn amateur athletics.

TCD

The AP pre-season poll came out on Saturday.

Here's what we have:

1 Alabama (54)
2 Ohio State (3)
3 Boise State (1)
4 Florida
5 Texas (1)
6 TCU
7 Oklahoma (1)
8 Nebraska
9 Iowa
10 Virginia Tech
11 Oregon
12 Wisconsin
13 Miami (FL)
14 USC
15 Pittsburgh
16 Georgia Tech
17 Arkansas
18 North Carolina
19 Penn State
20 Florida State
21 LSU
22 Auburn
23 Georgia
24 Oregon State
25 West Virginia

That's three teams from Florida

Six teams from the SEC.

And, surprisingly, five from the ACC.

I really don't like seeing BYU and TCU ranked that high. BYU even got a number one vote. Come on!

Let's get the season started already!

TCD

Do you mean Boise State? And I agree. My motto is, no Horny Toads in my poll.

BYU

BSU

What's the difference?

BYU got pretty high in the polls last year.

Until FSU spanked them.

But the only team that has a chance to spank BSU is Va Tech.

I agree with your motto!

That's a good rule to live by.

TCD

We're going to be at WDW the first full week of January, and trying to find some place other than the ESPN club to watch the BCS games at night... most places shut down too early, or don't look like they would have TV's, or carry the games... Anyone know where would be a good bet to catch these games? Somewhere in Downtown Disney, maybe? Hoe about a Resort Bar? What would be really awesome would be a place that takes the Disney Dining Plan, and took reservations!!! :banana::rotfl2:

Okay, I've tried to avoid this thread like the plague for several reasons. I'm not a die hard anything, though I enjoy watching college football while snacking on junk food. I grew up in FL and got my AA from Santa Fe Community College and had plans to transfer to UF, but I transferred to UT.:scared1: However, every person in my family that actually graduated from college attended UGA and obviously they love those dawgs. Because I didn't like Kiffin from the moment he was announced as being head coach, I didn't enjoy last year's season at all. I'm way too nice to talk trash (and at this point can't:laughing:) so I'll just say GO VOLS!

Okay, I've tried to avoid this thread like the plague for several reasons. I'm not a die hard anything, though I enjoy watching college football while snacking on junk food. I grew up in FL and got my AA from Santa Fe Community College and had plans to transfer to UF, but I transferred to UT.:scared1: However, every person in my family that actually graduated from college attended UGA and obviously they love those dawgs. Because I didn't like Kiffin from the moment he was announced as being head coach, I didn't enjoy last year's season at all. I'm way too nice to talk trash (and at this point can't:laughing:) so I'll just say GO VOLS!
But I like to believe that, in your heart, deep deep down somewhere, you are really a Gator fan. :banana:

But I like to believe that, in your heart, deep deep down somewhere, you are really a Gator fan. :banana:

Seriously, I'm neutral in that game. My husband disowns me during the TN/FL game.:lmao: Like I said, football is more about the chips and salsa for me.:rolleyes1
(I did love me some Tebow though. Sorry Donnie.)

We're going to be at WDW the first full week of January, and trying to find some place other than the ESPN club to watch the BCS games at night... most places shut down too early, or don't look like they would have TV's, or carry the games... Anyone know where would be a good bet to catch these games? Somewhere in Downtown Disney, maybe? Hoe about a Resort Bar? What would be really awesome would be a place that takes the Disney Dining Plan, and took reservations!!! :banana::rotfl2:

I don't know of anyplace at WDW that is particularly good for watching football, other than the ESPN club. I have watched games at the bar at AKL-they have a TV there, and there is usually a fun crowd. Also, there is a nice outdoor bar with a big TV at the Bay Lake Towers pool- I watched part of a game there once. But you are supposed to be a BLT guest to be there- so it's not a great option. I was going to suggest the Ale House, which is just off of WDW property, and only a few miles from the Fort, but when I googled it, it looks like it is now closed :(

So, I have to say the best place to watch football at the Fort is at your site, or find a friendly neighbor with a big TV- there are usually a few of those around.

Welcome to the 2010 thread, Olivia. I will be watching Tennessee with interest this year. At least your new Coach has a bit of class, and doesn't run his mouth. That is a huge improvement already.

I think so, too.

Seriously, I'm neutral in that game. My husband disowns me during the TN/FL game.:lmao: Like I said, football is more about the chips and salsa for me.:rolleyes1
(I did love me some Tebow though. Sorry Donnie.)

I love me some Tebow, too.

Do you know Tebow's Denver jersey is currently the #1 selling NFL jersey?

My DD has one.

And the guy hasn't even played in a real game yet.

Less than 8 days until the first college football games start!

TCD

It's a shame what's happened to the TN program. First Lame Kitten comes in for a year and runs it into the ground. Then Mike Hamilton the AD gets out of a contract with NC. Shameful, I think it is. You could successfully make the arguement that TN is the 2nd richest tradition program in the SEC over the decades after Alabama. :sad2:

As an Alabama fan I still have respect for TN. During my college years I co-opped in Knoxville and lived for a semester on the UT campus. I spent one or two <or three or four or five....> nights trying to find my way home from Cumbeland Avenue. I went to several games at Neyland Stadium. I get what the UT mystique is/was.

Hamilton cancelling the NC series makes TN look weak and scared. It's just like when Auburn cancelled their series against Florida State. Critics will say Bama did the same with the Penn State series but that was only pushed out, not cancelled, and it was done so due to probation and the scholarship loss (which those two programs can't claim). TN should hold its head up and say that they are a proud program and that they are rebuilding after the fool Kiffen left a mess and people would believe it. They have tough out-of-conference games scheduled for the next several years which they have to do for recruiting purposes so they normally aren't afraid to take on tough opponents.

Just a prediction here but Hamilton is on thin ice. If there are empty seats in Neyland this year it will look bad on him and not Dooley. Should make for an interesting season. So Olivia, go on and support your Vols <I will pull for them in all games but the Bama game> but things may get worse before they get better.

Bama ED

Welcome to the 2010 thread, Olivia. I will be watching Tennessee with interest this year. At least your new Coach has a bit of class, and doesn't run his mouth. That is a huge improvement already.

I'll give a big amen to that.

I love me some Tebow, too.

Do you know Tebow's Denver jersey is currently the #1 selling NFL jersey?
My DD has one.

And the guy hasn't even played in a real game yet.

TCD
This doesn't surprise me in the least. He is a good role model and his parents raised him well. I hope and pray he remains the good Christian guy he has (thus far) proven himself to be.

It's a shame what's happened to the TN program. First Lame Kitten comes in for a year and runs it into the ground. Then Mike Hamilton the AD gets out of a contract with NC. Shameful, I think it is. You could successfully make the arguement that TN is the 2nd richest tradition program in the SEC over the decades after Alabama. :sad2:

As an Alabama fan I still have respect for TN. During my college years I co-opped in Knoxville and lived for a semester on the UT campus. I spent one or two <or three or four or five.... nights trying to find my way home from Cumbeland Avenue. I went to several games at Neyland Stadium. I get what the UT mystique is/was.

Hamilton cancelling the NC series makes TN look weak and scared. It's just like when Auburn cancelled their series against Florida State. Critics will say Bama did the same with the Penn State series but that was only pushed out, not cancelled, and it was done so due to probation and the scholarship loss (which those two programs can't claim). TN should hold its head up and say that they are a proud program and that they are rebuilding after the fool Kiffen left a mess and people would believe it. They have tough out-of-conference games scheduled for the next several years which they have to do for recruiting purposes so they normally aren't afraid to take on tough opponents.

Just a prediction here but Hamilton is on thin ice. If there are empty seats in Neyland this year it will look bad on him and not Dooley. Should make for an interesting season. So Olivia, go on and support your Vols <I will pull for them in all games but the Bama game> but things may get worse before they get better.

Bama ED

If Hamilton got let go tomorrow, I wouldn't loose any sleep.

It's providence that Dooley will eventually go to UGA, though I think an awful lot of Mark Richt.

Oh and I do LOVE Neyland Stadium!! My brother lived in Knoxville for 10 years before I moved here and he always talked about UT tradition, which never meant much to me until I experienced it. It is pretty awesome.

Mmmm, salsa!

War Damn Salsa!!!

:rotfl2: I like you for so many reasons, Dave. But the top 2 are your view on politics and your love of food.

I would submit that Tennessee's situation now, and Auburn's back then, is exactly the same as Alabama's with respect to Penn State. What Kiffin did to UT and baby Bowden did to AU put those programs in as bad or worse a situation.

It's OK to admit your program ran from a game, Ed. It just makes you human.

This is OUR year! Really, I mean that this time! Although I still miss the Nutt...
GO HOGS!!!! :cheer2::cheer2:

I guess I have to throw in a Go Bucks too since DH coached there. But I'm only a fan "on paper"... :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter