Official 2011 Princess Half Thread Part II!!!

Happy New Year to everyone. :)

I absolutely hate the cold! I am a native Floridian and am really nervous about the weather! Where did you the the heat packs? I would love to have some for race day. Thanks!!

Target had them last year; this year I saw a huge box at Bed Bath and Beyond. I think I saw them at Dick's also. If you can't find them you can use therma-care heat packs, that's what I stuck on my back last year.

Happy New Year to everyone. :)

I absolutely hate the cold! I am a native Floridian and am really nervous about the weather! Where did you the the heat packs? I would love to have some for race day. Thanks!!

You can find them at Target or Walmart in the camping sections. I got a 6 pack for $1.44 at Walmart.

Dick's almost certainly has them too.

Walgreen's also has the heat packs. Did 5 miles outside yesterday. Has been a couple of weeks since I've been outside because of all the snow. It was a slow pace. I think getting back to all the hills we has slowed me down. Much easier to be fast on a flat track inside! But, the weather was gorgeous, (almost set a record for December) so it was a good day to be outside. I just keep telling myself that WDW is much flatter than Cincinnati. Will try to get six miles in before the weather gets back to normal January weather. Hope everyone is doing well and injury free.

Meg

How many here have a Garmin? I am considering the 405CX version, and was wondering if anyone had that one, could comment on it? Or really any version, and what you love and hate about it?

My sweet DH gave me the 405 for Christmas and I used it for the first time today. I love it more than I thought I ever would. I did 9 today (well, 8.88 actually) and love that I can see each mile on the graph and understand my progress. I also loved the accuracy and the splits while running. I've used Nike+ for my iPod for over 2 years and could never get it calibrated well. My running buddy got one too and used hers cross country skiing yesterday and also loved it---how fun to get accurate stuff on trails! She has the CX (?) model. I think the difference is the HR monitor and the calorie counter ... the regular 405 calculates calories based on weight & distance whereas the higher model according to those + heart rate. She and I couldn'y figure out other differences. The 405 size is fabulous and I think I can do great interval workout schedules---just haven't ventured there yet. So, had to share since you asked but I don't have a ton of feedback. I'd LOVE to hear others' perspecives (and tips!) who have used Garmins for a while...

Happy New Year to everyone! To those that are nervous about the race...that is so normal and you can do this! You've got plenty of time; stay steady on the course and pay attention to what your body is telling you. As I hit 7 miles today, I said to myself "only 2 miles left" ... ONLY, isn't that funny? Remeber when 2 miles seemed like a mountain?? We can do this girls, I promise. You are so brave for even taking the first steps!! :cheer2::cheer2:

Hope all the long runs go well tomorrow.

Here's to Running Princesses in 2011!! :cool1:

~~~Jennifer~~~

A

How many here have a Garmin? I am considering the 405CX version, and was wondering if anyone had that one, could comment on it? Or really any version, and what you love and hate about it?

Happy New Year everyone!! Here's to a great 2011! :goodvibes

I got the 305 for Christmas and love it. Now, just starting using and going slow with the functions, but I love being able to see how far I have gone, so much better than estimating on mapmyrun or some other program online. I also love how it beeps when I hit a mile. You can also glance down and see your pace. Its the best thing ever to be able to just go out and run.

I love how it stores my workouts.

So far that is what I have used. I do have my galloway intervals progamed in but am just using my Ipod touch still since i like that program and it plays my tunes for me. Its good to know that if my ipod dies the intervals are covered.

I also plan on using the HR monitor, just didn't want to overwhelm myself with functions.

The thing I love the most its a cool and VERY usable gadget that will help keep me running. My husband likes to ride a bike for exercise and he now thinks he might want one...or to use mine when he is out on his bike.

My eyes are starting to go - in my 40's - and I can read the screen just fine without glasses when running - looking at time, distance, and pace. Its big, but doesn't feel heavy to me - and I have thing bones and skinny wrists.

Seriously best thing ever for a runner!

Home made tutu?? Fantastic! I'm looking for a black one. Running with my cousin who's wearing a black one & I figure that will go with everything ;)

Laura- How are you making out with the CW-x's? Which model did you end up getting? Still haven't taken the plunge. They have some at my local running store though. Good luck w/ your 9.5!

Last year I wore a few layers of throwaways & ended up in just my Princess 1/2 tech shirt before mile 5.

Does anyone know if there will be WISH meets for Princess weekend?

CAN'T WAIT!!:cool1:

I will either text you the pics of the tutus or try to post here...if someone reminds me how to do it. One is black and fuschia with silver ribbon and the other is black and white with fuschia ribbon. They came out cute and were so easy to make. I also got foam tiaras to either attach to my baseball type running hat I wear, or I will wear on it's own. The running skirts look real cute
too!

I wear the cw-x tight for long runs usually...I have the performx. They provide lots of knee support. I didn't wear them today though. Although I didn't have knee trouble, I whimped out on the 9 and did just shy of 6. Ugh...i was able to do 9 on chrstmas relatively easily, but today was yucky and I went home. Guess I will try again tomorrow.

I sure hope so! I know there has been a pasta dinner meet the night before. This year I really want to meet up with some WISHers, even just to say hello, so we can be sure to find each other on race day.

Happy New Year everyone!! Here's to a great 2011! :goodvibes

Kat, I have the 110, I love it. I love that its not big, it looks and feels like an everyday watch. I love being able to look down and see my pace and how far I have gone, it beeps as you hit a mile mark. I know it can link to the computer and show you all your runs. I have not done that yet, and I have not used the heart monitor yet.

Hi ladies. I'm officially in the race. I only started running last March, but I've hit 13.1 in training twice now (albeit on the treadmill). I'm very nervous about running, and it looks like my family can't join me. But I'm determined to do it. Of course, I'm sitting here on the computer when I should be running :)

I will either text you the pics of the tutus or try to post here...if someone reminds me how to do it. One is black and fuschia with silver ribbon and the other is black and white with fuschia ribbon. They came out cute and were so easy to make. I also got foam tiaras to either attach to my baseball type running hat I wear, or I will wear on it's own. The running skirts look real cute
too!

I wear the cw-x tight for long runs usually...I have the performx. They provide lots of knee support. I didn't wear them today though. Although I didn't have knee trouble, I whimped out on the 9 and did just shy of 6. Ugh...i was able to do 9 on chrstmas relatively easily, but today was yucky and I went home. Guess I will try again tomorrow.

Suffice it to say I'm impressed! Can't wait to see the pics! I don't even own a sewing machine!

I was considering the Performx too. Think I'll go ahead & invest in them. I need new sneaks though too. Ugh. This is getting pricey. Lol! Good luck today! I didn't make it out yesterday & only did speed work the day before, so now I'm stuck going out in the rain today. Oh well. Serves me right for ignoring 2 days of good weather.:headache:

Hi ladies. I'm officially in the race. I only started running last March, but I've hit 13.1 in training twice now (albeit on the treadmill). I'm very nervous about running, and it looks like my family can't join me. But I'm determined to do it. Of course, I'm sitting here on the computer when I should be running :)

If you can make it 13.1 on a treadmill you will rock the actual race! Personally, I've never made it more than 7 miles on a treadmill...I'm one of these that would rather go out in bitter cold or horrible rain before running on the TM, so if you can make it thant long I totally salute you!

And on the GPS conversations - I run with my Android phone and love the Endomondo app, which uses GPS. I love being able to track my route and distance and to be able to check my pace real-time.

Signing up for the Princess last week has motivated me, I'm so glad I finally hopped on! I hadn't gone more than 7 miles since early November, so I definitely need to ramp it up. I did 9.75 on Friday - wasn't a great run since the streets and sidewalks were pretty icy, but I'm feeling good that I got the mileage in!

Thanks for this motivating thread!

I got the 305 for Christmas and love it. Now, just starting using and going slow with the functions, but I love being able to see how far I have gone, so much better than estimating on mapmyrun or some other program online. I also love how it beeps when I hit a mile. You can also glance down and see your pace. Its the best thing ever to be able to just go out and run.

I love how it stores my workouts.

So far that is what I have used. I do have my galloway intervals progamed in but am just using my Ipod touch still since i like that program and it plays my tunes for me. Its good to know that if my ipod dies the intervals are covered.

I also plan on using the HR monitor, just didn't want to overwhelm myself with functions.

The thing I love the most its a cool and VERY usable gadget that will help keep me running. My husband likes to ride a bike for exercise and he now thinks he might want one...or to use mine when he is out on his bike.

My eyes are starting to go - in my 40's - and I can read the screen just fine without glasses when running - looking at time, distance, and pace. Its big, but doesn't feel heavy to me - and I have thing bones and skinny wrists.

Seriously best thing ever for a runner!

Garmin Heart Monitor--All I can say is that this was clearly designed by a man. Between the sports bra & monitor I may as well be wearing a corset! Have any of you gals worn this comfortablY?:scared1:

MEETS- The link posted earlier was for WISH MEETs for Marathon Weekend only. If there's not a Princess Weekend Meet already into action, I say we start one!! It was so fun to meet WISHers at the W & D I can't wait to do it again!:banana:

Suffice it to say I'm impressed! Can't wait to see the pics! I don't even own a sewing machine!

I was considering the Performx too. Think I'll go ahead & invest in them. I need new sneaks though too. Ugh. This is getting pricey. Lol! Good luck today! I didn't make it out yesterday & only did speed work the day before, so now I'm stuck going out in the rain today. Oh well. Serves me right for ignoring 2 days of good weather.:headache:

No sewing machine here either. Only needed a headband, tulle, and scissors! Lol!

Okay...I'm getting serious about this. I went out and bought Jeff Galloway's book on training for a Half marathon. When I have finished reading it I will be ready for the race. I figure that reading it is a lot easier than actually going outside and training! Why didn't I think of this sooner??

Okay...I'm getting serious about this. I went out and bought Jeff Galloway's book on training for a Half marathon. When I have finished reading it I will be ready for the race. I figure that reading it is a lot easier than actually going outside and training! Why didn't I think of this sooner??

:rotfl:

~~~Jennifer~~~

:rotfl:

When you refer to a WISH meet and greet are you speaking of this board? As I stated, I am new to all of this . . . so forgive my lack of knowledge! :confused3

Hope you all had a rockin start to the New Year. Getting ready to head out on this cold and windy day to walk/run.

Kelley

Kelley A meet is set up so that those who actually would like to meet face to face can. Some one set up a time and place..most times it is Saturday at a Resort.

I know you ladies have been working hard. I actually started my official training today with a 7 mile run outside (yeah, not so fond of the TM for long runs). It was warm, 60ish and partly sunny with a small breeze. Hope I can get all my LR in outside this year. Last year I trained ALL on the TM.

Eight weeks from today and it will be history, in the book and on to the next race.

Garmin Heart Monitor--All I can say is that this was clearly designed by a man. Between the sports bra & monitor I may as well be wearing a corset! Have any of you gals worn this comfortablY?:scared1:

Mine doesn't bother me at all. It's far more adjustable than a bra band.

MEETS- The link posted earlier was for WISH MEETs for Marathon Weekend only. If there's not a Princess Weekend Meet already into action, I say we start one!! It was so fun to meet WISHers at the W & D I can't wait to do it again!:banana:

My sports bra is already, well, substantial. Underwire and about as high-test as one can find. I probably won't even notice the HRM!! :laughing:

I wound up with the Garmin FR60W. I do a lot of my workouts/runs indoors, and I liked being able to do either and track heart rate calculated calorie burns on non-running workouts (hockey, aerobics). When I run outdoors I do so with the Android phone, so I can use that as GPS to check the foot pod accuracy. I also found the FR60W bundle w/ HRM and foot pod on ebay for $102. :)

Kelley A meet is set up so that those who actually would like to meet face to face can. Some one set up a time and place..most times it is Saturday at a Resort.

I know you ladies have been working hard. I actually started my official training today with a 7 mile run outside (yeah, not so fond of the TM for long runs). It was warm, 60ish and partly sunny with a small breeze. Hope I can get all my LR in outside this year. Last year I trained ALL on the TM.

Eight weeks from today and it will be history, in the book and on to the next race.

Joan, it looks like all of my training will be TM (aka dreadmill...). I have a harder time running on the TM than outside and really struggled today with 7.5. I'd like to excuse that by arguing it was TM rather than outside but can't fall back on that. Just hoping that I'll be able to handle the inclines when they come up in the race (I only put the TM at 1.0 incline to run...)
How was the transition last year for you going from TM to outside? (I trined for my last half - my first - by doing my short runs on the TM and long ones outside...)
Thanks!
Jude

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter