Official 2013/2014 Disney Military Promotion

The Coast Guard base in Portsmouth VA has them! Picked them up yesterday! :)
We are only a little over 30 days from our trip, so as expected no A&E, 7D, or any parades of fireworks.

The Coast Guard base in Portsmouth VA has them! Picked them up yesterday! :)
We are only a little over 30 days from our trip, so as expected no A&E, 7D, or any parades of fireworks.

Only 7D for our time was 7:35 pm....we leave the parks around 3. I didn't see Test Track...weird.

Received our tickets via FedEx today (ITT said I would have to sign for them, but he just rang the bell and left).

Was able to add the tickets to MDE online without a problem. I had to select the "ticket issued before 2010" (or something like that) option, then select the first ticket sample (top left), then I could enter the numbers from the back.

Got FP for everything except 7DMT, which was expected since we are almost 30 days out. Hopefully we'll get it done during MNSSHP!

Looking for clarification...

I looked through as much of the thread as I could, but I'm still unsure on some points. Sorry if these questions have asked before. DH is active duty overseas. We're taking leave about a year from now to see family and go to WDW. It looks like the 2015 deal will be valid for our dates.

1. Do the tickets need to be ordered through the base, or is it recommended that we do it that way?
  2. Do I understand this correctly - the tickets you get in advance are vouchers that get turned in for magic bands at the gate? (and does that mean they give you the grey ones? I may want to order decals to tell them apart)
  3. If you want to add on days at a regular price, can you do that? If so, is the rate they use for the 1st day ($99) or the 5th ($60)?
  4. The official website says any room offers can't be combined with another discount - does that mean I need to choose discounted tickets OR a discounted room, if available?
  5. Do military discounted rooms have to be booked through a military travel office or can I go through Disney directly? I'd really hate having to go through a travel agent if we had to make changes, especially if that travel agent is on another continent. Any tips from people who've had to do this would be appreciated!
  6. Edit to add: I'll probably have to wait until six months out to actually book anything (bad, I know!) as that's when we'll know our leave dates. What are the odds that military rate rooms will still be available for Aug-Sep?

Thank you to whomever is answering questions!

I looked through as much of the thread as I could, but I'm still unsure on some points. Sorry if these questions have asked before. DH is active duty overseas. We're taking leave about a year from now to see family and go to WDW. It looks like the 2015 deal will be valid for our dates.

1. Do the tickets need to be ordered through the base, or is it recommended that we do it that way?

You can get them at base ITT, or Shades of Green. If you buty them at Disney from Disney, you will pay sales tax
  2. Do I understand this correctly - the tickets you get in advance are vouchers that get turned in for magic bands at the gate? (and does that mean they give you the grey ones? I may want to order decals to tell them apart)

You will get tickets, not magic bands when you activate them
  3. If you want to add on days at a regular price, can you do that? If so, is the rate they use for the 1st day ($99) or the 5th ($60)?

Nope. Can't add od days.
  4. The official website says any room offers can't be combined with another discount - does that mean I need to choose discounted tickets OR a discounted room, if available?

No. It means you can us military or free dining (if its available). Not both. Only one roome discount at a time. Tickets have nothing to do with the room discount
  5. Do military discounted rooms have to be booked through a military travel office or can I go through Disney directly? I'd really hate having to go through a travel agent if we had to make changes, especially if that travel agent is on another continent. Any tips from people who've had to do this would be appreciated!

Nope. Any travel agent can do it including Disney

6. Edit to add: I'll probably have to wait until six months out to actually book anything (bad, I know!) as that's when we'll know our leave dates. What are the odds that military rate rooms will still be available for Aug-Sep?

Probably pretty good especially in late August

Thank you to whomever is answering questions!

Good luck..

I was able to get tickets from Ft. Bragg today. They have the park hoppers in stock and the park hoppers with water park and more. They DO NOT have the 4 day water park and more tickets currently. I am just so excited that I will have them in hand tomorrow since we arrive on 9/28! :thumbsup2

Originally Posted by strangebutspecial View Post

Do I understand this correctly - the tickets you get in advance are vouchers that get turned in for magic bands at the gate? (and does that mean they give you the grey ones? I may want to order decals to tell them apart)

You will get tickets, not magic bands when you activate them

Good luck..

Link the vouchers to your MDE account when you get them. If you are staying onsite, then your military tickets can be added directly to those Magic Bands when you activate the vouchers.

Just make sure you make a note of who you assigned each voucher to so it will be easier to add them to the Magic Bands when the time comes.

Link the vouchers to your MDE account when you get them. If you are staying onsite, then your military tickets can be added directly to those Magic Bands when you activate the vouchers.

Just make sure you make a note of who you assigned each voucher to so it will be easier to add them to the Magic Bands when the time comes.

Ah! Thank you! I really wanted to try out the new magic band system. I figure they'll work out a lot of kinks by the time we get there. haha

And thank you, BeerMe. :)

I'm sure this has been covered, but is a family of 5 able to purchase 6 tickets to bring another family member along (grandparent)? I thought I read that you need to supply the address and names of each person for the tickets, is it a problem that the 6th person's name and address don't match the original ones?

I believe the only requirement is that the service member (or spouse) uses one of the tickets, and is present when all 6 tickets are activated at the parks. The others using the tickets can be family, friends, or whoever. My father is retired military. He bought 6 tickets for us, which include him, my mother, me, my husband, and our two daughters. We do not live at the same address as my parents. We bought them on base here in Texas to save the sales tax (and now would do this also to have them in time to make FP+ at 60 days out since we are staying on site), and we did have to give them each person's name, age, and address when we bought them on base. It did not matter that we were at different addresses.

When we activated them at WDW Guest Services (this was in May 2013), they took down all of our information again (we had Military Salute Tickets). However, we went to DLR this May 2014, same group, bought Military Salute Tickets on base here, and were not asked for any information when we used them at the gate (did not have to activate them). Things may be different now at WDW due to Magic Bands. We will find out in May 2015 when we return!

I'm sure this has been covered, but is a family of 5 able to purchase 6 tickets to bring another family member along (grandparent)? I thought I read that you need to supply the address and names of each person for the tickets, is it a problem that the 6th person's name and address don't match the original ones?

Yes, the tickets can be for and used by any family member or friend. However, at least 1 of the 6 must be for and used by the military member or military member spouse.

When I activated mine, they asked for date of birth and address and name. I think they need to keep track of that for some reason.

Have a great time. We really appreciated the military salute tickets.

Does anyone know if POR is likely to release discounts for the Royal rooms in early May? They apparently haven't released any outside of March yet. :/

I have a question about activating military tickets.

Our family member purchased discount tickets from a military base (not the Salute discount). None of us have park hoppers, so we can only do one park/day.

Do we all need to visit the same park on our first day to activate the tickets? We would like to just meet at an activation location, then be on our separate ways to other parks that day (them to EPCOT, us to MK).

Need some help. My husband has an active id and I have a dependent id but we are not near a base currently. We are headed to Disneyland and my friend was going to buy us the Armed Forces Salute tickets so that I could have them to activate at the gate. She is being told by ITT that the person that is going to use them has to buy them, since now the name of the Active ID is put on the tickets. She was also told at the ITT that you can now buy Armed Forces Salute tickets at the gate of Disneyland. From reading above posts it seems you can buy them at the gate, but you just don't save on tax. I wasn't aware of this. Did I miss something or is this something new about printing the name on the ticket?

Need some help. My husband has an active id and I have a dependent id but we are not near a base currently. We are headed to Disneyland and my friend was going to buy us the Armed Forces Salute tickets so that I could have them to activate at the gate. She is being told by ITT that the person that is going to use them has to buy them, since now the name of the Active ID is put on the tickets. She was also told at the ITT that you can now buy Armed Forces Salute tickets at the gate of Disneyland. From reading above posts it seems you can buy them at the gate, but you just don't save on tax. I wasn't aware of this. Did I miss something or is this something new about printing the name on the ticket?

Ok, so my family, my brother, and my in-laws are all going in May. This would be 7 adults and 2 kids. Both my father (deceased) and my father-in-law are retired. So could my father-in-law and my mother buy the AFS tickets? My mom isn't going, but could my mother-in-law activate the other tickets? I know last time we had to have everyone's name but I don't remember my dad's name on the tickets, but it's been awhile. If it's not possible, I think that's fine. I think some of us are going to need more than 4 days at WDW anyways.

Ok, so my family, my brother, and my in-laws are all going in May. This would be 7 adults and 2 kids. Both my father (deceased) and my father-in-law are retired. So could my father-in-law and my mother buy the AFS tickets? My mom isn't going, but could my mother-in-law activate the other tickets? I know last time we had to have everyone's name but I don't remember my dad's name on the tickets, but it's been awhile. If it's not possible, I think that's fine. I think some of us are going to need more than 4 days at WDW anyways.

I believe the new procedure is you have the names on the tickets and the sponsor (or ID card holder who purchased the tickets) has to be with everyone at the ticket window to activate at WDW. I would call your closest base MWR who could better answer your question and have the latest information.

I believe the new procedure is you have the names on the tickets and the sponsor (or ID card holder who purchased the tickets) has to be with everyone at the ticket window to activate at WDW. I would call your closest base MWR who could better answer your question and have the latest information.
That's about what I figured, but I wanted to ask before we bought them just in case. Thanks for the reply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter