Official 2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

OMG, I am heading to the airport!!! So excited. I hope I didn't forget anything too important, lol. California- here I come!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It's here...all the months of training are about to pay off ! Praying that everyone has a healthy race, safe travel and lots of fun ! DH and I fly out tomorrow morning so last minute packing going on. And yes like others....always have that feeling I have forgotten something...did put race day outfit in carryon...:cool1:

Do any of you veteran racers out there know how they space out the corrals? If corral A begins at 5:30, what time does B, C, D etc begin? Trying to give my family an idea of when I'll be where, and I need to know when to start the clock.

Also, the water station spacing are the oddest I've ever seen. Water at mile 1 for the 10k? Seems kind of early. For the half they have three stations within a mile and a half stretch around the stadium.

Do any of you veteran racers out there know how they space out the corrals? If corral A begins at 5:30, what time does B, C, D etc begin? Trying to give my family an idea of when I'll be where, and I need to know when to start the clock.

Also, the water station spacing are the oddest I've ever seen. Water at mile 1 for the 10k? Seems kind of early. For the half they have three stations within a mile and a half stretch around the stadium.

I'm not 100%, but I think I remember the corrals being 7 min apart ~ 5 min to get the whole corral across and the 2 to break it up?

As for the water stopsin the 1/2, I think they have some bunched up at the end b/c there's always the possibility of heat waves in CA like '07 and they'd rather be safer than sorry. Also, by the time a lot are coming off the trail, the sun is out and even though it'll be at your back it could be warmer than people think and they want to make sure everyone's keeping that in mind.

I'm not 100%, but I think I remember the corrals being 7 min apart ~ 5 min to get the whole corral across and the 2 to break it up?

As for the water stopsin the 1/2, I think they have some bunched up at the end b/c there's always the possibility of heat waves in CA like '07 and they'd rather be safer than sorry. Also, by the time a lot are coming off the trail, the sun is out and even though it'll be at your back it could be warmer than people think and they want to make sure everyone's keeping that in mind.

The race in '07 was brutal! 7 mins apart between each corral sounds about right.

I hope you guys are ready! I'm not looking for any PRs but just looking to have a great time! See you all soon!

DH and I are here...can't decide if I like the grand Californian or not....it just could be I have a cold/sinus issues going on and too many meds happening ! :lmao: having nice chicken noodle soup and off to expo in morning...let the fun begin !

To My Fellow Disney Runners...

I should preface this by saying although I'm relatively new to The DisBoards, I'm a crazy Disney fan. Own at DVC, annual pass at Disneyland, ran the Goofy Challenge in January. I'm hoping to rally other crazy Disney fans to help a friend of mine who is honestly of the nicest, most sincere person I've ever met...

Have you ever dreamed of running in Iceland? Well one of my friends has and you can earn an all expenses paid trip to join him. Out of all the entries received worldwide, amazingly his Iceland dream run is a finalist in the Nike Free Run challenge (https://runfree.nikeapp.com/en_us/run/detail/runviking). He's currently in second place and in order to win, he needs as many people as to tweet their runs with the hashtag #RUNVIKING using Nike+. While you're celebrating your well-earned medals this weekend, please take 30 seconds to tweet your run using the Nike+ app. The best part is - the top 10 people who contribute the most miles to my friend's total between 8/20 and 9/13 also get free trips to Iceland!

If you any questions, feel free to DM me. If you use a Garmin watch, just sign up for a Nike+ account and use this link to convert your run and then tweet it with #RUNVIKING: http://www.awsmithson.com/tcx2nikeplus/

I'm running the Dumbo Double this weekend so if you see someone wearing a "Coyotes Running" shirt please say Hi! I'll be at a certain secret lounge in California Adventure both Saturday afternoon and Sunday night. As a thank you to those who tweet their runs this weekend, if you want to come celebrate with fellow runners, just DM me and I'll get you in (well at least until they tell me I've exceeded the number of people the lounge can hold ;-)

Thank you in advance from one Disney fanatic to another

PS - the contest started 8/20. If you tweet your practice runs since then using Nike+ and #RUNVIKING and #RunDisney, I'll even buy you a drink at that certain secret lounge ;-)

I don't have Nike+; will it help to tweet out via twitter? How exciting for your friend!

Line ups for packet pickup and the expo were crazy long all morning! At least an hour to check out for official merchandise. It was really cramped in there.

My line to buy merch was 2 hours (1:56, to be exact). I think it was longer when I left. Bibs & shirts had been bad, but were absolutely fine by 1 or so (be warned, they're the same as TOT and HUGE). The whole experience was horrible. I've had enough of RunDisney's disorganization!

My line to buy merch was 2 hours (1:56, to be exact). I think it was longer when I left. Bibs & shirts had been bad, but were absolutely fine by 1 or so (be warned, they're the same as TOT and HUGE). The whole experience was horrible. I've had enough of RunDisney's disorganization!

Hate to hear that!! Doing my first runDisney event at Tink....
( yes, in stalking this thread)

Close to 2 1/2 hrs in line to pay for merchandise. Got in line for bib pick up at 9:00 this morning. Crazy!!!!!

Merch line is better now, but still ding the Disney line loop like only Disney can. Expo pretty empty now, but uh oh. I think I spotted Dooney's...

Oh the expo lines were horrid...got there at 9:15 for 10 opening and already a snaking line. Official merchandise first...so only about 20 min wait to pay. You would have thought the way the lines were that this was the first event run disney had done ! Felt sorry for the folks who came later and waited over 2hrs to pay.

Shirts are orange and HUGE...believe they are unisex size so should have ordered down a size!

Expo just way too crowded...but...if you are doing dumbo double dare then no choice but to suck it up and go...

And oh yes...there were Dooney's but the same ones offered from marathon in January.

So I'm going to admit I'm looking for a miracle here. Long story short. I went to cash register with a I Did It DDD shirt in hand. I walked away with a different white shirt. Yeah the cashier somehow mixed my shirt up with another Dumbos stuff don't ask me how. By the time I discovered this I found this out and got back to expo. All DDD shirts were gone.

After being up since 6 because of doctors appointments. Standing in line for two hours to get afore mentioned merchandise. And struggling to get the I Did It shirt in the first place (when I first walked in ten minutes after opening I couldn't find anything in my size and was told there would be no shirts until tomorrow it took some scrounging to find that shirt). My emotions went over the top and I did the most logical thing in that situation, I started crying.

It ended with them taking our number and address and have said if they get an exchange or return they will let me know and contact me.

So what I'm asking is if anyone has a spare I Did It or knows someone who has one who has it in a size large or bigger. Any of the shirts I don't care if its the men's or women's, if its the red or the white one. If you would be willing to return it so it could be passed on to me I would be really grateful. But only if its a spare.

I stood in line in the blazing sun to pick up my bib and park tickets, but after standing in a line that switch backed the entire length and width of the ballroom, I decided to come back later for my shirt. By 2 pm, the only really awful lines were the checkout for the official merchandise, which saved me some money. I decided I didn't want it badly enough to wait in that line. I am disappointed that the shirts run really big, because they are really cute. The shirt exchange was out of every size except XL, well duh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter