Official 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler

I think it great that we have so many new participants (runners, walkers) in this sport. There are only a handful of runners in the sport who are really trying to win the race. The rest of us are trying to win the internal battle or race against the mind. Just by stepping on the line in a race, we are all runners just the same as the skinny fast guy at the pointy end of the race. By passing the line and working to get to the end we are all winners. You will join the ranks of the less than 1% of the population who run an event longer than 15k this year. That is a major accomplishment.

Head up, eyes wide, smile in place and have a great run. Let us know how fun it was Sunday

Love, love, love this! ::yes::

Hey yall! I posted pics of my and my husband's costumes for this weekend on my blog! If you see us come say hi!

http://laurensglassslipper.blogspot.com/2013/10/costumes-for-tower-of-terror-10-miler.html?m=1

Adorable! Thanks for sharing!

PrincessV~ your words of wisdom from your experiences are very valuable. Thanks for sharing! Very true...

Just stopping by to wish all the ToT 10 mile runners a great race on Saturday! I'll be cheering for you! :cheer2:

I mean, accidents happen (I simply twisted my foot wrong the next day) but our bodies need time to heal from the race and you might as well minimize the chance of injury if you can.

Too true! I have a packing list for the PHM, and I just removed the wedge heels that I planned to wear to dinner at the Flying Fish from my packing list. Good advice!

I knew it wasn't coming out right which is why I edited that thought in there. I'm not saying "run so hard you hurt yourself" but rather "if that happens that is an option and you don't have to destroy yourself more by walking on the injury (like what my DH did by not renting one when he had injured himself early in the C25K program and got a useless orthopedist) and then could still enjoy your trip".

I doubt I've posted anything else that would indicate I meant the former. And I put the disclaimer so that an initial negative reaction could be tempered by "she probably didn't mean what I think she's meaning". :)

Nice morning out this morning. Decided to take the day off and clean up the garage then head over to the expo in mid-afternoon.

cewait said:
I am running both. This is the first race weekend where I am running all non-kiddo races. My plans were to wait for the marathon weekend and run all of 2014’s races but then decided to start the streak this weekend. I am starting in F and will dress as an old guy runner with gray hair, white top and black shorts. To complete the look, I will also have a slightly pudgy look. I only hope that I am not stopped as the mask I will have is tightly attached (well, not as tight as when I was 30).

Without looking back, are there any meet ups planned? I know that this is a short weekend in and out for most and that if wet, most folks will not be in the mood for a gathering. We were planning on staying on site for the race then decided a week ago to ditch the plan so I am not staying very long at the bash, either.

I am going to be in the same costume but in blue shorts. You know that with gray hair in black light areas we have a built in glow in the dark system :lmao::lmao::lmao:

cewait said:
Nice morning out this morning. Decided to take the day off and clean up the garage then head over to the expo in mid-afternoon.

It is nice out. I was going to drive up last night but decided to leave this morning. I have to stop in work for a few minutes then should be at the expo by 2.

Leaving Jacksonville at 2pm. Heading straight to the expo should be there around 4:30 or so. Wooo excited :cool1:

Can anyone who's going to the expo today tell me how much the "I did it" pull-over jacket is? Also, what are my chances of getting one if I don't get to the expo until the end of the day tomorrow (3pm)?

Can anyone who's going to the expo today tell me how much the "I did it" pull-over jacket is? Also, what are my chances of getting one if I don't get to the expo until the end of the day tomorrow (3pm)?

We won't be at the expo until tomorrow morning, but in case nobody who has been to the expo responds today, I'd say to expect between $60-75 for the pull-over jacket. That seemed to be the range for similar items during the other runDisney expos we attended earlier this year. Whether there are any left tomorrow -- or any in your size -- will be tough to say. As long as there aren't any horror stories today like from the Disneyland Half expo, though, you'll have a chance at least. My fiancee really likes the pull over jacket/hoodie "I Did It!" and I like the "I Did It!" shirt, so I'm hoping for a little bit of luck to find them in our size tomorrow morning. Hopefully you'll be able to find what you need as well!

pixiedust:

I went to the expo before seeing the pricing request. I would say that the estimate is in the range.

I was in the first handful on line this morning. THe New Balance folks were out fitting and handing out vouchers for those in line. I would say that they will be he hit of the expo once again.

While in the expo, I had a chance to talk with FLatlandcycle. Glad to see him. I also saw my masseuse and was able to spend a little time with Galloway as he went up to grab a drink.

As i was leaving, i was a little surprised to see the line all the way down the hill and past the WWoS globe. It looked to be moving quickly.

$59.95 for the pull over jackets and $39.95 for the long sleeve shirts

I got to the expo about quarter to three. & I walked right in there was really no line at all

runDisney issued a heat advisory this afternoon for the 10 mile race. Basically, we have discussed many of the same points that Jon discussed in the video.

- Hydrate... You want to pee light yellow to clear.
- Bring on some electrolytes today and tomorrow. runD suggests one 16 oz bottle of sport drink during the day.
- There will be cooling stations along the course. If you find that you are becoming over heated SLOW UP.
- wear tech fabrics, short sleeved shirts and shorts. Consider ditching the costume or at least make sure it is pealable if you start to overheat.

- Finally, if you find that you are just feeling bad, stop at an aid tent, tell a fellow runner - get help. We all depend on one another.

While I wait for the start of the 5K race, I want to thank everyone for all the words of wisdom and encouragement. I am a lurker and don't post much but read every post. This thread has really brought my race experience to a new level! This RunDisney race weekend has been AMAZING! Looking forward to a fun race tonight :)

Well it is 530pm - rested for 2 hours and now eating a brownie (i know not good) and soda. I hd sinus headache this morning. Headache is gone but sinuses still bothering me. Am gonna be walking solo since my sister and o trained differently - so if you see me in an orange top with orange wristbands and glowsticks on walking (my sister will be running) say hi!

I am just hoping finish - with a picture here or there.

Good luck everyone and mahalo for the positive vibes and encouragement.

Well it is 530pm - rested for 2 hours and now eating a brownie (i know not good) and soda. I hd sinus headache this morning. Headache is gone but sinuses still bothering me. Am gonna be walking solo since my sister and o trained differently - so if you see me in an orange top with orange wristbands and glowsticks on walking (my sister will be running) say hi!

I am just hoping finish - with a picture here or there.

Good luck everyone and mahalo for the positive vibes and encouragement.

Which corral? I'm in G

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter