**** Official 2014 AUGUST - Disneyland thread ****

We got back day before yesterday ... finally starting to recover! Stayed at the Grand, had a great time with lots of pixie dust! On our first day, within 5 minutes of walking into the park around 2pm, someone handed us their Star Tours FPs. And on one of our DL days, we were chosen as Opening Family! That was really fun, and we got a "anywhere you want" FP on top of it. My final bit of pixie dust was receiving a Mark Twain pin for free! When I asked about getting a Mark Twain pin, a CM at one of the stores opened up a package of 6 pins that were supposed to be annual pass holders only (I'm not!) and just gave me one!

To whoever asked ... the photo shop on Main Street is open.

Wow sounds like an awesome trip! :goodvibes

Officially back home this morning at 5 am! Good god, the drive takes a lot out of you, and we don't stop for anything but gas, food, and potty breaks. 15 hours in a car stinks. I want to post my review of the trip, but I can't seem to find the right place to do that in. Perhaps because I'm exhausted and out of it, but if anyone could kindly direct me in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated. :3

Here you go:

http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

We have also moved on and we are now in Huntington beach. Our stay at Disney was very good. We managed to meet Anna and Elsa on a magic morning within 10 minutes, rode Carsland once at 9:05 and a few more times as singles riding with less than 10 minutes wait, and rode splash mountain repetedly. Watched many parades, met tons of characters, did most rides and saw great shows. We ate really well as well and we quite enjoyed Goofy's kitxhen. We also liked our hotel, the BWPPPI. We even did 3 drawing at Art of animation, including OLAF.

Fun, fun, fun! Now a bit of relaxing and onto LA!

We have also moved on and we are now in Huntington beach. Our stay at Disney was very good. We managed to meet Anna and Elsa on a magic morning within 10 minutes, rode Carsland once at 9:05 and a few more times as singles riding with less than 10 minutes wait, and rode splash mountain repetedly. Watched many parades, met tons of characters, did most rides and saw great shows. We ate really well as well and we quite enjoyed Goofy's kitxhen. We also liked our hotel, the BWPPPI. We even did 3 drawing at Art of animation, including OLAF.

Fun, fun, fun! Now a bit of relaxing and onto LA!

Glad you had fun at DL and hope to get some pixie dust as well for our first trip, especially Anna & Elsa M&G on a MM! We, too, are going to Huntington Beach after DL. We leave tomorrow & can't wait!

Packing today, working tomorrow (if I can concentrate!) then off to Seattle after work. We fly out Tues am and arrive noon. We plan on swimming, relaxing, cruising DTD, grocery shopping and a nice dinner on Tuesday night for DS 16th birthday! Then off to our first day Wed AM.:cheer2:
My nephew's wife is a CM photographer and my nephew just has been hired and does his orientation Fri, Sat and Mon. :yay: That means our weekend day will be Sunday so he can hang out with us.
SOOO excited! Some of my favorite most cherished memories are with my kids at Disneyland. Each trip has it's own unique magic and moments and I can't wait for this week!!!

Packing today, working tomorrow (if I can concentrate!) then off to Seattle after work. We fly out Tues am and arrive noon. We plan on swimming, relaxing, cruising DTD, grocery shopping and a nice dinner on Tuesday night for DS 16th birthday! Then off to our first day Wed AM.:cheer2:
My nephew's wife is a CM photographer and my nephew just has been hired and does his orientation Fri, Sat and Mon. :yay: That means our weekend day will be Sunday so he can hang out with us.
SOOO excited! Some of my favorite most cherished memories are with my kids at Disneyland. Each trip has it's own unique magic and moments and I can't wait for this week!!!

We're heading to Seattle tomorrow as well and also flying out of SeaTac Tuesday morning! :cheer2:

:cool1:princess:QUESTION OF THE WEEKprincess::cool1:

What is your favourite Disney song from a movie or from a ride?

This is my last question of the week, since we're off on our trip on Thursday. Anyone want to do next weeks question?

This is my last question of the week, since we're off on our trip on Thursday. Anyone want to do next weeks question?

Feed the Birds from Mary Poppins. Or... Hell Fire from Hunchback of Notre Dame. I know that last one is a bit weird, but it's such a damn good song.

I am doing laundry right now and gathering things to be packed. I also have to work all day tomorrow, and then fly out at the crack of dawn on Tuesday morning.

So, my inhaler is expired (I only use it in emergencies), the TSA isn't going to confiscate that from me, are they? Also what's the rule about bringing water bottles onto the plane? If I'm bringing a water bottle from home (one of my Liberty Bottleworks) does it have to be empty and in my checked luggage? Or can it be empty and in my carry on?

So, my inhaler is expired (I only use it in emergencies), the TSA isn't going to confiscate that from me, are they? Also what's the rule about bringing water bottles onto the plane? If I'm bringing a water bottle from home (one of my Liberty Bottleworks) does it have to be empty and in my checked luggage? Or can it be empty and in my carry on?

I don't know about the inhaler, but I'm pretty sure that if it's medicine and has a label on it to show it's a prescription then it should be fine. I don't know if they'll scrutinize it or not - it just depends on if you get a nice agent or a cranky one!

I know for sure that you can bring an empty water bottle in your carry on. I always dump out the kids bottles and then fill them up after going through the gate. One time, though, we brought the little Rubbermaid juice box ones with the straws in them and the change in pressure made them shoot water all over the place! So I've learned my lesson and I'm NOT bringing straw water bottles on the plane this time!

Mine is Hakuna Matata from the Lion King (and yes, I had to look up the spelling on that one!) And my favourite ride soundtrack is Splash Mountain, with California Screamin' coming in at a close second.

I can never choose. Really. I can't even narrow it down to less than half a dozen :rotfl:

Ride songs are a little easier. I at least have a favourite in each park. Grim Grinning Ghosts in DL and the soundtrack for Screamin' in DCA.

We get on a ferry in less than 5 hours!!! :banana:

I could not sleep last night and woke up at 5am. Finally gave up trying to sleep at 6.

I'm not usually a mani person but I got this done yesterday, there is one mickey on each ring finger.

Oh, the QOTW: My favourite movie song is "Feed the Birds" but I also love the song "Beauty and the Beast".

For ride music, I love the music from Soarin' over California.

To everyone in the parks now and to all of us leaving soon, I hope you have a wonderful time and I'll try and check in here a few times. Have a great week everyone!

OMG - one week to go! :cheer2: I am so excited and I just started packing last night. I have a TON of things to do before we go, but this week is just going to fly by... pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter