"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

So it sounds like Jack and Sally have been coming out at 530 for all the parties so far? Does anyone know when people start to form a line for them?

At 5 it seemed like there were people already on line which was nuts! I'm so lucky I got them last year on a 20 minute wait!

I'm wondering if I sticking it out for the 2nd parade after the fireworks and want to watch the 11pm (I think that's the time) stage show where's the best place to camp out? Will I have to move forward from say a FP firework area to see the stage show? I'll have a double stroller so fighting crowds won't be easy.

Yes you will have to move from the FP area to see the show. If you want to see the show and the parade the best place is on the right hand side of the hub (where the parade goes round). If you can get there early enough you can probably get a spot on the curb so you stand for the show but can sit down for the parade

Didn't see it mentioned in the last few pages, but anyone that's there tonight (Sunday) are the Hocus Pocus shirts restocked yet? I know there was reports about them being reordered, etc - just don't know what that means in Disney time. Doing the party again on Tuesday before heading home. hoping they are back in stock then

Newbie question, what time do the characters come out for the party and the trick or treating start? I am trying to decide if we need two nights to do everything at the Halloween party or if we get there at 4pm on one night if we would have enough time to trick or treat, see a few characters, eat and then get spot for first Hocus Pocus show and the first parade. Thanks in advance for the help.

7 o clock it depends on how many and what characters you wanna meet to be honest
Honestly we are only interested in Malificent but I know my kids will want to trick or treat a bunch but I don't see how there can be time to trick or treat and get a spot for the first show and parade if nothing starts till 7?

Maleficent doesn't meet with guests, and the party doesn't officially start until 7and the first parade at 8-15

Honestly we are only interested in Malificent but I know my kids will want to trick or treat a bunch but I don't see how there can be time to trick or treat and get a spot for the first show and parade if nothing starts till 7?

The party doesn't start until 7:00 so the party events don't start until 7:00. You can ride rides from 4-7 or meet characters that aren't exclusive to the party.

Mickeys not so scary Halloween party 2015 review!

Hey everyone and welcome to my short review! First off, the party was not sold out and I am only using th photo pass screen grabs becusse my camera is at home!

Ok so we entered the park at 4 o clock pm and it was already quite the experience... The not so secret is out and everyone comes In at four so with that and the day guests it's quite packed for awhile...

So we got to select three fast passes in that time period and I made the most use and got space mountain, Peter pans flight and haunted mansion!

We also got to ride: small world, pholarmagic, the little mermaid, buzz light year ranger spin, Prince charmings carosuel(hey never did it), monsters inc laugh floor *we were called out!* so we definilty got our rides in!

Ok party time!

See I took most photos with the characters last year so I didn't need to stand in line this year except for Ms Deville I stood in line at 630 was out of line at 710 not too bad and got some good interaction with her!

Candy was plentiful and large handfuls galore! It was an amazing experience and let's talk about the stage shows!

The hocus pocus show was absoeulty amazing it was so well done and the characters were absouelty incredible I'm telling you it was amazing! I saw it twice it was so good!

The fireworks are absolutely breath taking....my god how good was it was absoeulty breath taking in telling you it's a must do

Parade is the same parade but hey it is what it is!

Again it was the best experience I've had in awhile the crowds were plentiful, and the entertainment was amazing. I'm begging you if you haven't done it to do it. Put the negativity on these boards aside...you will have a great time!

So to recap: you had a great time and only met only one party exclusive character and then did a bunch of less popular rides, and watched the stage show, the parade, and the fireworks. I guess it's all about having fairly low expectations. :)

Here is a map of the characters that do meet, for anyone that would like to plan!
*Click on picture for larger view! :thumbsup2
https://flic.kr/p/yAZ6Bs

So to recap: you had a great time and only met only one party exclusive character and then did a bunch of less popular rides, and watched the stage show, the parade, and the fireworks. I guess it's all about having fairly low expectations. :)

As opposed to what? I got all the character photos last year and Cruella was the only new one who was meeting I got a bucket full of candy and saw all of the exclusive shows - low expectations on the reading levels here I suppose.

This question go to the Diss'ers who've been to this years MNSSHP and previous years. Me and my girl are going to the Oct 18th & 22nd parties and I expect it to be crowded. My question to the Party Experts is, going from this year's and previous years experiences, will it be way less crowded during those two days than it will be for the earlier party nights? I don't have problems with crowds for the most part, its part of the whole Disney experience and its the nature of the theme park beast. But at the same time, if the volume of people was less than say the first night of the party last week, it would definitely make the experience a whole lot better. LOL. Any insight, answers, opinions will be greatly appreciated. :)

Does anyone know if any additional reservations for the Dessert Party will open up? Or if it's at all likely that people will cancel? The thought of waiting hours to watch the parade is so daunting, and the price seems well worth it to me just to have reserved parade seating. I wish I'd have booked it before!! Grrrr.

They took the most villainous villains, including Maleficent, out of the party rotation this year. But, look on the bright side, you'll save hours of valuable party time by not getting to meet your favorite characters! Glass half-full.

Does anyone know if any additional reservations for the Dessert Party will open up? Or if it's at all likely that people will cancel? The thought of waiting hours to watch the parade is so daunting, and the price seems well worth it to me just to have reserved parade seating. I wish I'd have booked it before!! Grrrr.
No additional seats will open, but you can always call and check for cancellations.

There won't be additional seats added, but there may be cancellations.

That being said, the reviews from the dessert party have generally born out people's expectations, the logistics seem to be in line with what people hoped for/expected, and the view spots are pretty much what and where expected. I'm sure there WILL be cancellations, but I'm not sure how many, given that.

The cancellation policy is that you can cancel up to 5 days prior, so I'd check in with phone CMs (and maybe on line) til about 4 days prior to your party.

The fast pass area for the parades are where now? Also, where are the big lights located in along the parade route, along the buildings in the outside?

Kenny The Pirate's map shows a Meet and Greet by Liberty Tree Tavern. However there is no character listed. Does anyone know who is in that spot or if there actually is a M&G there?

Mickeys not so scary Halloween party 2015 review!

Hey everyone and welcome to my short review! First off, the party was not sold out and I am only using th photo pass screen grabs becusse my camera is at home!

Ok so we entered the park at 4 o clock pm and it was already quite the experience... The not so secret is out and everyone comes In at four so with that and the day guests it's quite packed for awhile...

So we got to select three fast passes in that time period and I made the most use and got space mountain, Peter pans flight and haunted mansion!

We also got to ride: small world, pholarmagic, the little mermaid, buzz light year ranger spin, Prince charmings carosuel(hey never did it), monsters inc laugh floor *we were called out!* so we definilty got our rides in!

Ok party time!

See I took most photos with the characters last year so I didn't need to stand in line this year except for Ms Deville I stood in line at 630 was out of line at 710 not too bad and got some good interaction with her!

Candy was plentiful and large handfuls galore! It was an amazing experience and let's talk about the stage shows!

The hocus pocus show was absoeulty amazing it was so well done and the characters were absouelty incredible I'm telling you it was amazing! I saw it twice it was so good!

The fireworks are absolutely breath taking....my god how good was it was absoeulty breath taking in telling you it's a must do

Parade is the same parade but hey it is what it is!

Again it was the best experience I've had in awhile the crowds were plentiful, and the entertainment was amazing. I'm begging you if you haven't done it to do it. Put the negativity on these boards aside...you will have a great time!

Your pictures literally put a smile on my face! Thank you for sharing :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter