"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

Agree. I think I understand what she was trying to say. I believe her point was, and I could be wrong, but...people are able to get 3 FP's due to the fact that they have purchased a MNSSHP ticket. That is the ONLY reason they are getting FP's...the hard ticket. Those of us who are attending the park during the day understand that we get 3 FP's, as normal. I get that. I think the point she is making is discussing the fact that we have also PAID for the MNSSHP ticket and if ticketholders are being "rewarded" (for lack of a better word) the ability to book 3 FP's from 4-7...why are those that spend the day at the park not allowed to ALSO have that benefit because we have paid for the MNSSHP ticket TOO. I believe that is all she meant. I understand too that that is not how Disney has set it up to work...I respect that...but just an observation that if the hard ticket is granting FP's....then our tickets should as well....on the purchased ticket's own merit.
fair enough...but I don't think the MNSSHP ticket "entitles" the 3 fastpasses. Seems to be a loophole Disney hasn't bothered to fix yet...the fact you have to "game the system" and create a "shadow family" to get them speaks to that. Between that and day guests who feel entitled to stay 3 hours late because party guests were let in 3 hours early but paid less for their ticket, I'm not going to be one bit surprised when Disney decides you need a day ticket and a party ticket to attend, to stop letting party guests in early, and/or to start closing the park/kicking the day guests out earlier as well. Maybe not. Maybe overcrowded disgruntled guests and double selling the park 2x in one day really is the secret to theme park success!

You can buy online and request the hard ticket. Print at home isn't the only option.

Agree, I did not print at home. (I'm famous for losing papers) I am going to go pick up a hard copy ticket on the Monday I arrive and use it to enter at 4pm. (I am not using one of my 'day' tickets that day and don't want to risk scanning my MB and then having to go have it fixed on a party day)

is it confirmed that the only place to buy the one-day memory maker is at the TTC? I am checking into my hotel (ASMo) and heading straight to the park that night... will I need to make a detour to TTC?

Slightly off topic but related anyway; I'm going to this Sunday's party. Would anyone want to follow a "live" Twitter report of my evening? I'm going solo, and trip reporting for my home group anyway. I've never "live tweeted" before but it would be fun to share the experience. What do y'all think?
I think that is a awesome idea. I am GMT so wouldn't be able to follow along, but I could read them when I wake up.

Nope you're cheating, justifying it doesn't change it. Yes you get FP+ from 4 to 6:30 with your MNSSHP ticket that is a perk of buying the special ticket (that you get a very small window to try to get FP+), but that is NOT supposed to be in addition to the 3 you get with a regular ticket. If you have to make up dummy people and accounts to do it, then it's cheating. People cheat, and they get away with it, if someone's code of conduct is okay with that then it is and no one will change their mind, but at least man up and admit you're cheating.

I totally agree!

And to come back and say it is a misunderstanding - I don't think so. For those of you saying you agree it's a misunderstanding look at her original post below. She actually stated she created a shadow family to attach her MNSSHP tickets too so she could get extra FP+ options and in her words, "work the system". Don't try to cover it up now that you been called out - just admit you are cheating the system and move along. The more you try to defend it the worse it gets. Plenty of people cheat the system - but if you are going to post it on an open forum like this then be ready to be called out.

We are going to the MK from 11 until 4 p.m. and the MNSSHP on the same day. To get an "additional" 3 FP for the 4 - 6 p.m. time, I created a shadow family for our MNSSHP tickets using my families middle names. It is my understand that, if available, when my 30 day out FP window for offsite guests opens, I can get the FPs linked directly to my shadow families MNSSHP tickets, which I will use during that 4 to 6 p.m. window.

This sounds confusing, but I think that is one way to "work the system."

I totally agree!

And to come back and say it is a misunderstanding - I don't think so. For those of you saying you agree it's a misunderstanding look at her original post below. She actually stated she created a shadow family to attach her MNSSHP tickets too so she could get extra FP+ options and in her words, "work the system". Don't try to cover it up now that you been called out - just admit you are cheating the system and move along. The more you try to defend it the worse it gets. Plenty of people cheat the system - but if you are going to post it on an open forum like this then be ready to be called out.

I agree with you too...lol. I don't agree with trying to "work the system" or make shadow families, etc. Absolutely not. I'm in total agreement. I, personally, just explained where I thought she was going with the extra FP's for the hard ticket...that is only where I was coming from. I am absolutely a play-by-the-rules person and respect Disney. I am adamantly against gaming the system. Absolutely.

is it confirmed that the only place to buy the one-day memory maker is at the TTC? I am checking into my hotel (ASMo) and heading straight to the park that night... will I need to make a detour to TTC?
I'm curious about this too! That, and how much it will cost.

I am trying to understand the whole FP thing. I have hard copy MNSSHP tickets and made 3 fastpasses between 4-6:30 the day we are going to the party. We are not going into MK prior to 4:00 or another park that day. This is completely allowed right?

Does anyone have an estimate of how long lines for the character meet & greets usually are during the party?
Minnie, Mickey, Daisy?
Pooh & Friends?
7 dwarfs?
Snow White?
Jack & Sally?
We have little ones who probably won't tolerate standing in a long line too well so just trying to get an idea of what we can expect for wait times or if we should just plan on doing other things instead.

Any recommendations for where is a good spot to watch the parade? It starts in Fronteirland right? Do you have to get a spot early or is it a lot less crowded then Spectromagic usually is?

wheatly said:
I don't know how you could work the system anyways, as fastpasses are linked to the magicbands or cards, which are then linked to names on MDE. For that to work, you would need to have 2 cards / magicbands per person, which seems like it would not only be more money, but more of a hassle.

Very true. Think of the people from the first party who worked the system and stayed without paying. They ruined the paying party guest's time, and made the rest of us angry because they thought that they deserved more for their money than the rest of us.

summer621 said:
Getting FP for your the 4-7 p.m. hours for your MNSSHP ticket is not the same as not buying a ticket and staying at the party without paying... apparently, I am not cut out for these boards, because in my mind I was offering a tip to make the most of your MNSSHP ticket and I feel my remarks have been misconstrued. I should not have said "work the system" what I should have said was if you want to get your FP from 4-7 p.m. that you are receive with your purchase of a MNSSHP ticket.

I was not saying that the situation was exactly the same, but an analogy. Here is one that is more suitable: What about people who park at resorts that they aren't staying at just so they can avoid paying to park?

The day guests from the first party decided that, since they bought a day ticket on a party day, that they were entitled to stay for party activities, and therefore work the system. Look where it got them. Now, it seems that security is tighter and CMs are checking wristbands more diligently. What will happen if / when this gets out that people can make shadow families and link tickets to them in order to get more fastpasses? Disney will close the small fastpass window from 4-7 that the party guests get, which sucks for everyone, and may change the way fastpasses work again. As it was stated earlier, "This is why we can't have nice things." People who go out of their way to cheat the system ruin experiences for all of us - whether that be in the present or in the future.

And, as I said previously, you hardly need fastpasses on a party day to begin with. That 4-7 window that you're trying to get fastpasses for should be pretty mellow in terms of attraction wait times.

I'm done now. Back to being excited for the party! :jumping1:

I'm also curious about this. Headed to party this evening, and was wondering if i need to send my hubby to the TTC to sign up for it. Thanks!
I found this, but it's from May: http://www.bestoforlando.com/articles/disney-memory-maker-one-day-package/

This is what the Disney Parks Blog said about it last year:
"So don’t delay … visit any ticket booth at the Transportation and Ticket Center for more information and to add the one day Memory Maker entitlement to your Mickey’s Not-So- Scary Halloween Party event. (Don’t worry if you have already purchased your Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party ticket – you can still add the one day Memory Maker test product the night of your event!)"

It seems to be $39.

I found this, but it's from May: http://www.bestoforlando.com/articles/disney-memory-maker-one-day-package/

This is what the Disney Parks Blog said about it last year:
"So don’t delay … visit any ticket booth at the Transportation and Ticket Center for more information and to add the one day Memory Maker entitlement to your Mickey’s Not-So- Scary Halloween Party event. (Don’t worry if you have already purchased your Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party ticket – you can still add the one day Memory Maker test product the night of your event!)"

It seems to be $39.
I'm concerned this information may be not be up to date. I would hate to send him over there if not the case. Thank you.

Nope you're cheating, justifying it doesn't change it. Yes you get FP+ from 4 to 6:30 with your MNSSHP ticket that is a perk of buying the special ticket (that you get a very small window to try to get FP+), but that is NOT supposed to be in addition to the 3 you get with a regular ticket. If you have to make up dummy people and accounts to do it, then it's cheating. People cheat, and they get away with it, if someone's code of conduct is okay with that then it is and no one will change their mind, but at least man up and admit you're cheating.

I don't know why you would go through all the trouble too as the three fast passes as well as having basically No lines except for maybe mine train everything is a walk on!

Id say trying to squeeze 6 in is more trouble than it's worth. Enjoy the party don't make obstacles for yourself!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter