"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi!! I am going to two parties next week? Where do you recommend viewing the parades? I will probably watch both parades at least one of the two party nights. We are going on a Sunday and a Thursday. Thanks so much!!!

Last edited:
DH and I are headed to our first MNSSHP Tuesday, 10/25. I am have an AP, DH does not. Our tickets are purchased and linked to our magic bands. This is our arrival day and rather than purchase an extra day for hubs, we are using the party ticket for him. We plan on arriving around 3:30 to get our wristbands and hope to get in a little early (fingers crossed). I know FP+ is not an option after the party begins, but can I set up fast passes for DH between 4-7 since he has a party ticket and can enter the park after 4pm? Reading all the party posts has me beyond excited for our frightfully fun festivities! Thanks to all for so many terrific tips and your enthusiasm.

Hi!! I am going to two parties next week? Where do you recommend viewing the parades? I will probably watch both parades at least one of the two party nights. We are going on a Sunday and a Thursday. Thanks so much!!!

We've had good luck watching the parade from Liberty square, right where the road turns near hall of presidents. You can get a good spot there 30-45 minutes before the parade. It's probably special to watch it from Main Street, but those spots fill up much earlier - probabaly 1.5 - 2 hours before the parade.

DH and I are headed to our first MNSSHP Tuesday, 10/25. I am have an AP, DH does not. Our tickets are purchased and linked to our magic bands. This is our arrival day and rather than purchase an extra day for hubs, we are using the party ticket for him. We plan on arriving around 3:30 to get our wristbands and hope to get in a little early (fingers crossed). I know FP+ is not an option after the party begins, but can I set up fast passes for DH between 4-7 since he has a party ticket and can enter the park after 4pm? Reading all the party posts has me beyond excited for our frightfully fun festivities! Thanks to all for so many terrific tips and your enthusiasm.
Yes! The FP Windows end at 6:30 on party days, so schedule them at 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30. Have fun!!!

Anyone else emailed and still have not received a refund for the cancelled parties? I emailed them on Friday about my cancelled MNSSHP tickets and have not yet received a response for seen a credit on my cc. Trying to avoid calling...

Things have slowed down on this thread quite a bit! Probably like me all the people visiting in October are busy with last-minute preparations! We leave this Friday and after the last few months at work, I'm SO READY for a vacation!
We've basically finalized our plans for the party, though were hoping to hear more October reports before finalizing our plans. Our priorities are (1) FUN, (2) the parade, CTM, and Hallowishes, (3) rides, and (4) meeting a few characters, (5) trick-or-treating/party snacks. We won't be lining up for J&S and we have a pic with the 7D's from a Christmas party a few years ago, so not worried about meeting them either. We also won't likely watch the Hocus Pocus show, at least from anywhere close to the stage - any of the times we've tried to watch a stage show from anywhere around the stage it's ended with negativity and frustration because my experience is that there are always people in the crowd that have no concern for anyone but themselves...so we just don't put ourselves in the situation to get upset by it anymore (cause I know my temper :)

We've finished our last 3 trips with a party our last night (either MVMCP or MNSSHP) and so it's sort of a tradition for us at this point. We just like that one last special night in the park before heading home the next day.

Here's what we are planning:
We are going to attempt to rope drop the morning of our party (7am open) if we can get out of bed, we'll definitely get there by 8
We have a lunch reservation at The Plaza, then will take an afternoon break
4:00 - enter, get SoTMK party card
4:15 – FP+ for Splash Mountain
5:00 – FP+ for SDMT
5:30 – dinner (probably Columbia Harbor House or Pinocchio’s
6:45 – FP+ for Haunted Mansion
7:15 – Explore Frontierland/Adventureland (rides, candy, magic shots, etc.)
7:45 – Get spot for parade (Liberty Square on riverboat side of street)
8:15 – Boo to you parade
8:45 – Candy Corn Ice Cream
9:30 – Get spot for CtM & Hallowishes (grass area in HUB)
10:00 – Watch those shows
10:30 – Explore Tomorrowland & Fantasyland (rides, candy, magic shots, characters) - we'd like to meet the costumed characters (Minnie, Daisy, Donald, maybe the hundred acres crew)
12:00 – Hocus Pocus Show (maybe from grass area or even farther back to avoid crowds)

In general, that is kindof where we will be at various points of the night, but we’re mostly going to go with the flow and do whatever we feel like. We’ll have spent a few days at MK prior to this, so that may figure into what want to do (e.g. DD’s favorite rides, things we didn’t get to, etc.)
Is the riverboat side a better location than the opposite side?

Does anybody know where in Adventure Land the Aladdin characters meet? This is my first year attending MNSSHP and they're #1 on my list for the M&G :D

There is a map of all the character on page 220 by RAPstar. This is what CM's were given but not guests. Don't know the story but I hope this helps you.

We've had good luck watching the parade from Liberty square, right where the road turns near hall of presidents. You can get a good spot there 30-45 minutes before the parade. It's probably special to watch it from Main Street, but those spots fill up much earlier - probabaly 1.5 - 2 hours before the parade.
Thanks!!

Anyone else emailed and still have not received a refund for the cancelled parties? I emailed them on Friday about my cancelled MNSSHP tickets and have not yet received a response for seen a credit on my cc. Trying to avoid calling...
I email Thursday, Friday, maybe Saturday, and yesterday, (Yes I know I am a little over the top :) ) I have not heard anything yet either. One person on this thread has gotten an email back to say the refund is being done so fingers crossed that they are working through and we will hear something soon. I don't want to have to call either.

Here is my commando style plan. LOL! Probably a little bit over the top but two years ago we got just as much done in a night. We hope to do the same for our MNSSHP on October 14th. We will see.
TIME EVENT/ TASK
330-400 Line up @ MK and enter, Get Bday pin and MNSSHP Card
400-415 Get candy and TOT Bags.
415-430 FP+ Peter Pan
430-445 muppet history @440
445-500 ride small world
500-515 Fp+ Space Mountain
530-550 Fp + jungle cruise
550-610 Casey's corner
610-620 Ride Little Mermaid
630-720 Line up for M&G w/ Cruella De Vil left of train station

M&G De Vil + Shop Big top while waiting in line.
720-735 Shop Big top + Magic Shot Floating tombstone Ariel
735- 750 Magic Shots at enterance
750-810 Magic Shots at Square
810-830 Shop up main street and find spot for parade
830-850 watch parade in liberty square/fronteirland
850-900 Ride POTC
900-930 M&G with Gennie/Abu, Jafar
930-945 Ride Haunted Mansion + Get Magic Shot
945-1000 Get spot for Shows/snacks at gated fp area
1000-1015 Celebrate the Magic
1015-1030 Hallowishes
1030-1040 Ride Buzz + a little trick o treat
1040-1050 Ride Space Mountain/TOT
1050-1100 M&G Tweedles? Or M&G Poohs Whatever is easier
1100-1105 Ride Pooh
1105-1120 Ride POTC
1120-1130 ride splash MTN
1130-1145 Ride HM
1145-1155 trick o treat back to SDMT
1155-??? ride SDMT
Too much right?

Here is my commando style plan. LOL! Probably a little bit over the top but two years ago we got just as much done in a night. We hope to do the same for our MNSSHP on October 14th. We will see.
TIME EVENT/ TASK
415-430 FP+ Peter Pan
445-500 ride small world
550-610 Casey's corner

850-900 Ride POTC
1015-1030 Hallowishes
1100-1105 Ride Pooh
1105-1120 Ride POTC
1130-1145 Ride HM
1155-??? ride SDMT
Too much right?

Just a heads up, but in October the first parade starts at 8:15. Maps are already updated with that info.

TIME EVENT/ TASK
415-430 FP+ Peter Pan
445-500 ride small world
550-610 Casey's corner

850-900 Ride POTC
1015-1030 Hallowishes
1100-1105 Ride Pooh
1105-1120 Ride POTC
1130-1145 Ride HM
1155-??? ride SDMT
Too much right?
I have an ambitious plan for this night as well, but I think you may need to tweak your plans a bit. A 10 minute wait for either Pooh or the Tweedles is probably unlikely. You are allotting 10 minutes to a 20 minute ride (Splash). HM almost always has a wait on party nights, plus there will also be a line for the magic shot when you exit. Also, the merchandise lines have been very long at the start of the party, so you may want to shop later, or allot more time. Finally, as mentioned, the parade will start at 8:15, not 8:30. Don't want you to miss it!! Good luck fitting it all in - maybe our paths will cross!!

TIME EVENT/ TASK
415-430 FP+ Peter Pan
445-500 ride small world
550-610 Casey's corner

850-900 Ride POTC
1015-1030 Hallowishes
1100-1105 Ride Pooh
1105-1120 Ride POTC
1130-1145 Ride HM
1155-??? ride SDMT
Too much right?

Waaayyyy too much, IMO. I think you need to factor in travel time better. For instance, I don't see any way you can ride small world (which has a ride time of about 10 min) and then make it back over to space mountain within 15 min. Make some cuts. You will drive yourself crazy trying to keep to that schedule.

I email Thursday, Friday, maybe Saturday, and yesterday, (Yes I know I am a little over the top :) ) I have not heard anything yet either. One person on this thread has gotten an email back to say the refund is being done so fingers crossed that they are working through and we will hear something soon. I don't want to have to call either.

I called yesterday in the early afternoon (the hold time was just over 20 minutes). The phone CMs are not processing the refund on their own- she said there is an assigned team of people that have that as their sole job right now. They took my confirmation number from my purchase E-mail and forwarded that to the team processing the refund. Everything gets forwarded to that team and then they are processing it all. She said we will get confirmation E-mails when the refund is processed, but the timeline could even be weeks because they have thousands to get through from the 2 days of parties so even though they are working full time on it, it is going to take awhile. She said the credit might not come through on this months billing cycle- it might be next months cycle.

Is there a list of what magic shots are offered and where to go in the park to get that picture?? 6 days to go

Any pictures of the magic shot of the floating tombstone near Ariel? I haven't seen one and I'd like to know what it looks like before standing in line for it.

Is the riverboat side a better location than the opposite side?

For me it just depends on where you are going next - we like the riverboat side cause afterwards we are heading to Fantasyland area - if we were headed to Adventureland or Main Street, it would be better to be on the other side of the street. Also because of where we stood we were able to see the parade approach and go around the corner on the "wide side" (if that makes sense) of the turn and also had quite a few characters interact with us.

Waaayyyy too much, IMO. I think you need to factor in travel time better. For instance, I don't see any way you can ride small world (which has a ride time of about 10 min) and then make it back over to space mountain within 15 min. Make some cuts. You will drive yourself crazy trying to keep to that schedule.

Working on narrowing it down a little bit.

I have an ambitious plan for this night as well, but I think you may need to tweak your plans a bit. A 10 minute wait for either Pooh or the Tweedles is probably unlikely. You are allotting 10 minutes to a 20 minute ride (Splash). HM almost always has a wait on party nights, plus there will also be a line for the magic shot when you exit. Also, the merchandise lines have been very long at the start of the party, so you may want to shop later, or allot more time. Finally, as mentioned, the parade will start at 8:15, not 8:30. Don't want you to miss it!! Good luck fitting it all in - maybe our paths will cross!!

I have read that Tweedles line goes down latter in the evening. That is what we are trying for. Splash I am reaching for at end of evening. I forgot that the parade started at 8:15. Thanks for reminding me of that.

I figure we can get a lot of this done being just two adults. It's just all the people that get in the way of our good time.:teeth:

Does anyone know on what date the 10/31 party sold out? (I tried hunting back through the thread, but oh my goodness talk about a needle in a haystack!) My friend was surprised we got tickets for 10/31 and said they sell out really early. We booked back in August, but it got me wondering when they actually DID sell out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter