******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going 9/5-9/17 and booked at ASSp. Hoping for free dining. I've seen people mention upgrading to regular dining. Can someone explain what that is and how much it would cost per adult? Thanks.

Kate
The upgrade is the cost difference between the quick service and the table service plan which I think is approx $20/adult per night. It's considerably less for a child. There are a couple of websites that provide detailed reviews of this. Tom Bricker's disneytouristblog being one.

We are going 9/5-9/17 and booked at ASSp. Hoping for free dining. I've seen people mention upgrading to regular dining. Can someone explain what that is and how much it would cost per adult? Thanks.

Kate
Don't forget that you also need to tip on those TS meals. It's been years since I went during Free Dining and I did upgrade but it was my niece who was under 9 and myself (added approx. $10 each TS in tips). If free dining is offered during our trip this year, I won't be upgrading as she is now considered an adult. If I feel like it I can always add in a TS or two.

Not sure of prices now but if you had 4 Disney adults in the room it was worth looking into upgrading to a moderate hotel back when I was doing Free Dining (2008-2011) as you get the regular DDP.

Last edited:
Ok I'm dreaming that when we go in May I get a bounce back offer with free dining so, I can sell my next trip to DH...lol.

We are going 9/17-9/21 and we are stay The Animal Kingdom Villas (6 adults and 3 kids). Is free dining usually offered if you are staying there ? I'm very new at this and can use all the help and tips I can get .
Thank you
Ashley

We are going 9/17-9/21 and we are stay The Animal Kingdom Villas (6 adults and 3 kids). Is free dining usually offered if you are staying there ? I'm very new at this and can use all the help and tips I can get .
Thank you
Ashley
I believe In the past the grand floridian, poly and any 3 bedroom villas have not been included. So you might be ok unless you booked renting dvc points and then you won't be able to take advantage of it if it is offered.

I believe In the past the grand floridian, poly and any 3 bedroom villas have not been included. So you might be ok unless you booked renting dvc points and then you won't be able to take advantage of it if it is offered.
I'm not familiar with dvc points. What are these ?

We're planning on going 9/23-9/30 at CBR but we're somewhat flexible on resort. Watching for free dining! We love POR but know that it isn't normally included.

So question for everyone. I am playing around on the disney site trying to pick my order of booking when the promo comes out.

There seems to be tons of resorts sold out? I am playing with different dates, different resorts. Are there certain weeks to avoid during food and wine?

So question for everyone. I am playing around on the disney site trying to pick my order of booking when the promo comes out.

There seems to be tons of resorts sold out? I am playing with different dates, different resorts. Are there certain weeks to avoid during food and wine?
I was having the same concern/issue when I attempted to book for my fall trip. I called Disney and they confirmed that there is technically rooms available however they aren't all available for booking for various dates due to inventory management systems. Sometimes they hold rooms to make sure they don't overbook based on forecasting or up coming offers. I suspect that they are holding onto a few rooms in different category types in advance on the new offers being released. Their advice to me was to keep looking as room availability and release happens/changes daily. Good luck!

We're planning on going 9/23-9/30 at CBR but we're somewhat flexible on resort. Watching for free dining! We love POR but know that it isn't normally included.

It's my understanding from looking at past offers that POR is offered the first few weeks??? We just booked POR this morning for Sept. 16-23 with hopes of FD. What do other think about POR during these dates?

We've booked POP for our honeymoon/ birthday trip 9/7-9/14 and we're realllllllly hoping for free dining. We already paid for the regular plan but hoping that with our savings we can upgrade to plus. We want to eat alllllllll the food!

I was having the same concern/issue when I attempted to book for my fall trip. I called Disney and they confirmed that there is technically rooms available however they aren't all available for booking for various dates due to inventory management systems. Sometimes they hold rooms to make sure they don't overbook based on forecasting or up coming offers. I suspect that they are holding onto a few rooms in different category types in advance on the new offers being released. Their advice to me was to keep looking as room availability and release happens/changes daily. Good luck!

That is good to know, thank you!

We too are hoping for free dining! Booked 8/21-8/26 POR, and we have Disney Visa, so hoping offer is similar to last year. Good luck everyone!

We are booked at Pop 8/19-8/28 with the summer quick service meal deal, but am hoping for free dining. We booked with our Disney Visa so if they do what they did last year with the Visa getting earlier dates than we should be ok.

I did almost the same thing, when do the Visa cards get informed?

If the past two years are any indication, you will not get informed any earlier than the public. However, Visa card holders were able to get free dining for dates the regular public could not. Those dates were about one week before regular free dining started. Does that make sense? So Visa card holders free dining was from like 8/14, but public was from 8/23.

Good, thanks. We made reservations for the free quick serve meal deal to at least have something but we will replace it if the timing works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter