******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
To anyone having problems with the modify button not working (loading the same page or not being able to check out) try another browser. I had the same problem using Chrome but switching to either Firefox or Opera I had no problem.

Thanks for your suggestions. I have tried multiple devices and multiple browsers without any luck. Guessing it has something to do with their system and/or the reservation itself. I read somewhere that MM can mess it up and I do have MM so maybe that is it... who knows...

To anyone having problems with the modify button not working (loading the same page or not being able to check out) try another browser. I had the same problem using Chrome but switching to either Firefox or Opera I had no problem.

I don't even see a modify button on my reservation. Could it be because I booked it on the phone with Disney?

Also question! If I'm booked for 9 nights and buy the dining plan, do I need to have the dining plan for 9 nights even though I only have an 8 day park hopper ticket?

Yes, I use Explorer mostly but have to switch to Chrome for most browsing. Haven't had a problem with Chrome yet but maybe I better download FireFox just in case.
A couple people slipped through a day early with the promo code applied, reported back here, others called them liars, nastiness ensued. Folks bombarded Chase with calls, talked to supervisors, were demanding, etc.
Oh my!!! :eek:

I don't even see a modify button on my reservation. Could it be because I booked it on the phone with Disney?

Also question! If I'm booked for 9 nights and buy the dining plan, do I need to have the dining plan for 9 nights even though I only have an 8 day park hopper ticket?

That would be nice! I wonder if any Disney PTB actually are aware of these boards and read them. They would see how many people opt for something else or even cancel and stay offsite if FD disappears? I'm hoping the DDP will be back for those of you who book the Mods. I always do value so I'm good with QS! :)

The problem is we are not a representative sample of the average WDW visitor.

Stacy

Thanks for your suggestions. I have tried multiple devices and multiple browsers without any luck. Guessing it has something to do with their system and/or the reservation itself. I read somewhere that MM can mess it up and I do have MM so maybe that is it... who knows...

I have MM and I've been playing ping pong with my reservation since I booked it last July! The only thing I can't do is change dates but I can change hotels and categories without a hitch.

The Dining Plan is based on the number of nights you have booked. You can't have a reservation for 5 nights and only 3 days of Dining Plan for example. You can have a one day ticket and a 14 night stay and you'll have the dining plan for the duration of your stay.

I have MM and I've been playing ping pong with my reservation since I booked it last July! The only thing I can't do is change dates but I can change hotels and categories without a hitch.

The Dining Plan is based on the number of nights you have booked. You can't have a reservation for 5 nights and only 3 days of Dining Plan for example. You can have a one day ticket and a 14 night stay and you'll have the dining plan for the duration of your stay.

That's what I thoughts. Thank you for your help.

I still don't see a modify button tho :(

That's what I thoughts. Thank you for your help.

I still don't see a modify button tho :(

I called. They sent a ticket to IT and it was fixed a couple of days later. There was a typo in the line item of the offer. Once that typo was cleared the modify button started working.

I really don't understand how off-site saves money. After taking into account the $20/day parking at the parks, the $20-30/night resort fee and $15-20/night self parking fee it comes out way more expensive than on property. We have been driving down to FL for the last two trips and it's so much more convenient than flying so we'll be doing that this time too.

Staying off-site can always be cheaper than staying on property. Many places don't have a resort fee or a self-parking fee, and the average nightly rate can be cheaper.

If you have some time to wait on the phone I would suggest calling tech support and immediately ask for a manager. They seem to be much more informed. I went through two tech support people who were clueless before asking for a manager who then explained to me I can't modify my reservation because it was booked by a TA. I was surprised that the first level of tech support were unaware of that since it appears to be a common issue/question.
That os a great suggestion but honestly I think that was just one of their excuses and it worked for you because you had booked with a TA. It costs far to much for me to call and stay on the phone because I am in Canada. I use to work in tech support and her excuse of there is a long list of reasons why you may not qualify sounds like the we don't know why this happens and nobody told us why or when it will be fixed excuses that we use to have to come up with. I may try again another day but honestly it's doubtful since I will still have to call to cancel my current reservation after I book a new one when free dining drops.

A couple people slipped through a day early with the promo code applied, reported back here, others called them liars, nastiness ensued. Folks bombarded Chase with calls, talked to supervisors, were demanding, etc.

I remember that quite well and yes it was ugly.

Actually for FD you still need the minimum required number of park ticket days based on what this or any package promoation requires.. this we have no details.. it could be a min. of a 2 or 4 day park pass. with PH.. but any Dining package free or not is based on number of resort nights. ( not trip days).

So glad you are joining us. :welcome:
If you can not modify online, you may want to consider making a new reservation if your room type/resort are available with FD. You can then cancel your current reservation. The other option is to wait and call at 7 am. The wait can be really long. Some people here have had luck calling the tech folks to get their modify button fixed. I'm not sure why some reservations have a modify button, and some don't. A Disney mystery. But, if you are going to call, do it sooner rather than later. Things will get crazy once FD drops.
Its that 4:00 a.m. eastern time zone?

Just called Disney. To upgrade my summer offer to the full QS DP would cost an additional 1100 dollars, whereas to get the hopper which will include the FD would only cost 400 more, guess which way I am going.....
There have been a couple of posts in here asking the cost of upgrading from the Summer Savory offer to the regular DDP, so how many people does the $ 1100 cover, and are they all adults or any kids?

Actually for FD you still need the minimum required number of park ticket days based on what this or any package promoation requires.. this we have no details.. it could be a min. of a 2 or 4 day park pass. with PH.. but any Dining package free or not is based on number of resort nights. ( not trip days).
I was talking about the Dining Plan in general. Free Dining has its own specifications but the general rule is still true, you have the DDP for the amount of nights of your reservation.

If I've already paid just about half of my balance and decide to book another reservation when FD drops before my TA does would they be able to switch my balance to the new reservation? I believe I have about $1500 paid on a $2500 balance.

I don't know how this would work

Can someone please tell me what the promo rumor is, or what post# it is on? I've been weeding through pages but haven't found it yet! Thanks!

Last year free dining was really important to me and saved me a bunch of money. I had a TA but I didn't really trust her so I stayed up all night and booked a new reservation in case she couldn't modify my old one.

This year I am currently booked at Pop with the one free QS meal and I paid to upgrade to the TS dining plan .I was still hoping for FD because I thought I would at least save several hundred. Now that I have crunched the numbers with new ticket prices, park hoppers and dining plan upgrade, FD would save me $50. $50! Bleh. I am wondering if I am missing a way to save more
What did you pay, per person, to upgrade per day? There has been some debate on exact costs to upgrade from the Savory Summer deal to DDP?

But do you think it could be that visa holders are offered the dining from 8/13 since I believe Black 1st gave that date, and others say is reliable. Then a GP offer starts on 8/24, the date people have changed here to based on SA reports?
I think that's a pretty strong possibility they do, that's pretty much all it was last year was about a week or so of extra availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter