******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very familiar with DDP, I have gotten it for all my business trips. My questions is; in regards to free dining. I am finally going during a time when it's being offered, staying in a Deluxe Resort, 5 Nights. My only concern is I am an AP holder, does that count as a 4 day pass or do I need to have PH or PH+ ticket?

Running numbers over and over. I've always wanted to stay at POR... but POP will be about $700 cheaper. What are your honest opinions is POR worth the extra money. We really aren't picky my kids ages 8 and 11 loved All Star Sports last visit. I just really wanted to try a moderate. So wishing there would be a surprise and the mods would still get the table service dining.
It depends on how often you go and if you go during non FD times. Personally, I would save my money and stick with Pop For FD. I like POR, but not for $700 more. I will only do a standard moderate with a decent room only discount because of the prices.

I am very familiar with DDP, I have gotten it for all my business trips. My questions is; in regards to free dining. I am finally going during a time when it's being offered, staying in a Deluxe Resort, 5 Nights. My only concern is I am an AP holder, does that count as a 4 day pass or do I need to have PH or PH+ ticket?
No. You need to buy your tickets as part of a package. You can save them and use them another time if you wish.

But, are you going on this business trip alone? If so, you'd be better off getting a room discount and buying the ddp.

Maybe I missed it but what time does the promotion usually drop? I couldn't have sworn it was like 9am last year. But some speculation seems to be sooner.

Maybe I missed it but what time does the promotion usually drop? I couldn't have sworn it was like 9am last year. But some speculation seems to be sooner.

It seems that it has dropped around 4am the past two years. I wouldn't expect it anytime before 3am. I mean, they wouldn't likely drop it between 12am and 3am because that would technically be 4/23 on the west coast. It's still possible though, so I'll be checking.

If I was me, I know if I decided on the 4.45am wake up that my brain would wake me up at 3.40am anyway and I'd be lying there awake. So may as well go with the earlier one! If you get what you want you may be a bit grumpy with the early start, but it will be greatly assuaged by the triumph of free dining.

If, however, you get up at 4.45am and don't get free dining, or you have a lot of trouble and you end up having to leave for work before it's all sorted, you're not likely to say "Ah, well. I didn't get free dining but at least I got an extra hour's sleep!"

That's my rationale!
Great rationale!

It seems that it has dropped around 4am the past two years. I wouldn't expect it anytime before 3am. I mean, they wouldn't likely drop it between 12am and 3am because that would technically be 4/23 on the west coast. It's still possible though, so I'll be checking.
Now I understand why 4 am.

I've tried to keep up with the board but the pages are adding up quickly!

What's the latest word on December 3 vs December 8 arrival date? I've seen both dates on the post.
Thanks

Major devaluation for sure. Sadly, still the best deal around for many of us.

True. I've run the numbers. Since we are three adults, we still save more staying at a Moderate and upgrading to the regular DDP. We save a bit more than what a room discount would be. And we were going to get park hoppers anyway, so I don't consider that a factor.

No. You need to buy your tickets as part of a package. You can save them and use them another time if you wish.

But, are you going on this business trip alone? If so, you'd be better off getting a room discount and buying the ddp.

But the OP may get a food allowance for work travel. So if the company is paying for the room, OP can get FD and pocket the food allowance as cash.

My DH travels for business to his home town. He automatically gets $x per day to cover food, but he has dinner at his mum's house, so only buys breakfast and lunch. He pockets the left over money and gets his mum some flowers!

It's my wife and I who are going, in September (We are also going down for two weeks in 14 days with the kids) Doesn't make sense to buy the tickets, spending almost $900 and get the free dining plan; when it would cost us $694 out of pocket. We just got our AP so it would be another 12 months before we would use the hard tickets. Not sure if they would expire before than.
Don't understand why the AP wouldn't supersede the PH/PH+.
Mouse always wins in the long run

There was a glitch one year and the offer was up just after midnight for about half an hour before it was pulled down. But not before a number of people has nabbed fd.

Here's my 700 dollar question. If I cant add free QS dining to my current 9 night res at AoA (at CBR prices), which i would then pay to upgrade to TS plan (Plan A), i would have to pay the full cost of adding TS dining to that res (Plan B). For 700 dollars more than plan B, i could book 9 nights at a deluxe like beach club or ft wilderness and hopefully get TS FD. I'll have an almost 1 year old and a 4 year old, any thoughts on the lower cost deluxe reorts for kids would be appreciated. I sure hope plan A works out, because we are stoked about AoA.

It's my wife and I who are going, in September (We are also going down for two weeks in 14 days with the kids) Doesn't make sense to buy the tickets, spending almost $900 and get the free dining plan; when it would cost us $694 out of pocket. We just got our AP so it would be another 12 months before we would use the hard tickets. Not sure if they would expire before than.
Don't understand why the AP wouldn't supersede the PH/PH+.
Mouse always wins in the long run
You get a 20% discount on most food and merchandise as well as AP room discounts, so rest assured, you're saving! Probably more than free dining!

Here's my 700 dollar question. If I cant add free QS dining to my current 9 night res at AoA (at CBR prices), which i would then pay to upgrade to TS plan (Plan A), i would have to pay the full cost of adding TS dining to that res (Plan B). For 700 dollars more than plan B, i could book 9 nights at a deluxe like beach club or ft wilderness and hopefully get TS FD. I'll have an almost 1 year old and a 4 year old, any thoughts on the lower cost deluxe reorts for kids would be appreciated. I sure hope plan A works out, because we are stoked about AoA.
Ft wilderness is a moderate, wilderness lodge is deluxe:), don't forget about animal kingdom lodge!

We are traveling Aug 15-22. I have booked a room at POP. Tomorrow if FD drops, I would be able to modify my reservation to add the FD, correct?
Also, if we want to upgrade to TS do we need to do it for all members in my party (DS17, DS13, DD13 and I) and for the duration of the trip (would only want 3 nights)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter