"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even notice my ticket had the wrong year until I went back and double checked after reading this thread.

How do you know if a photographer is trained for magic shots? I only just heard of them so I am clueless.

Question about military tickets:
In previous years, for both MNSSHP and MVMCP there were military discount tickets--but since you had to show your military ID, they had to be purchased in person. Because certain dates sell out, Disney had a policy that even if a certain date had "sold out", military tickets could still be purchased with proper ID. Any word if they are continuing this for 2017? And any thoughts on if the Sunday, September 10 party is likely to "sell out" far in advance? We live in Virginia, so I won't be able to purchase tickets until we arrive on September 9 (although, we do have a short trip planned in 2 weeks--but I know tickets probably won't be available yet.)

Tickets went on sale today I am military as well and would like to attend. Did you find anything out about military tickets for this years Halloween party?

This was posted in a FB group I'm in:

The dates for military discounted Halloween and Christmas parties are as follows (the list is not long unfortunately):

MNSSHP:
August 25, 29
September 1, 7, 10, 12, 17, 24

Adults- $51.80
Children- $48.30

I have a kind-of related to the party question. During the normal operating hours while the park is decorated for Halloween, does Main Street play Halloween themed music, or the regular MS track?

I just came home from work and there HAS to be 20 new pages to this forum!

I'm sure Disney will work out the Day/Year issue on the tickets online. When I got my email the day was correct so I wasn't going to worry about what it said on MDE. I also figured bringing the paper tickets will make life simpler for CM then having to sort out the Magic Band. But knowing me I'll probably forget them and have to scan the Magic Bands anyways.

Quick question for anyone who has more experience using the Disney Gift Cards to pay for the trip/MNSSHP!

I have not thrown any of the Gift Cards away just in case, and I'm planning on bringing the card I used for MNSSHP just in case we need a refund. (Hopefully not). But should I bring the REST of the git cards with me in case something happens? That's literally at least 20+ giftcards...

Most of the photographers can take magic shots, so just pick one and ask if they can. If not, move onto the next as there's plenty of them :)
During the parties there are certain photographers that can do certain shots. Like there will be a special one infront of the Haunted Mansion carriage, and another one somewhere else around Frontierland or Liberty Square with the hitchhiking ghosts. The one with the carriage can be a little longer because it is right there at the ride exit but I have never had to wait long. Also, some of the PP on Main Street can do special shots too with animated scenes, etc.

Tickets went on sale today I am military as well and would like to attend. Did you find anything out about military tickets for this years Halloween party?
I'm sorry, no. We ended up changing our trip to early August so I haven't been keeping up with the Halloween party info. I hope you are able to go and have a great time!

I've heard before that for regular photopass magic shots (Not MNSSHP ones) that the photographers who are using tripods generally can't do any Magic Shots.

I have found that to be true when asking in the park. Now, during the MNSSHP it seemed like most of the special ones were set up using tripods. :rotfl::confused3
I have heard this too about the tripods. Some of the night shots might require them because of extra camera shake in the low light situations.

I have yet to see anything on Disney's website, but there's info on unofficial Disney news websites, like this one: http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/...eet-greet-coming-walt-disney-world-halloween/
Thank you. I have seen that info and what was on page 1 of this thread. I guess I keep looking for a page on Disney's site like you would see for a Fantasmic! dining package or dessert party where you can see a little calendar that show the dates and what is available. Dream on I guess!

I must be in the minority here... but I am not buying our tickets until we are there or a few days before.... My reasoning is we have 3 possible party dates, none of which are likely to sell out... Sept 7, 10 or 12. I want to see the forecast! I would hate to pick a date now, have horrible weather that day and great weather the other party days that I COULD have picked if I had just waited til closer to time. Is there a reason no one else seems to be doing this?

I just came home from work and there HAS to be 20 new pages to this forum!

I'm sure Disney will work out the Day/Year issue on the tickets online. When I got my email the day was correct so I wasn't going to worry about what it said on MDE. I also figured bringing the paper tickets will make life simpler for CM then having to sort out the Magic Band. But knowing me I'll probably forget them and have to scan the Magic Bands anyways.

Quick question for anyone who has more experience using the Disney Gift Cards to pay for the trip/MNSSHP!

I have not thrown any of the Gift Cards away just in case, and I'm planning on bringing the card I used for MNSSHP just in case we need a refund. (Hopefully not). But should I bring the REST of the git cards with me in case something happens? That's literally at least 20+ giftcards...
If you are concerned I would just band them together or put them in a zip lock baggie and throw them in the bottom of your park bag.

I must be in the minority here... but I am not buying our tickets until we are there or a few days before.... My reasoning is we have 3 possible party dates, none of which are likely to sell out... Sept 7, 10 or 12. I want to see the forecast! I would hate to pick a date now, have horrible weather that day and great weather the other party days that I COULD have picked if I had just waited til closer to time. Is there a reason no one else seems to be doing this?

I am totally doing this. We are there for two weeks so we will have flexibility on dates. I want to see the forecast. Not interested in going if it's looking like rain. Also because I want to use our CBR gift cards towards the cost of MNSSHP.

I'm assuming you consolidated your Disney GC and are now left with 20+ GC with Zero Balance. I would toss these GC unless you scrapbook or like the design.

Disney was very generous last year not only did they take care of their guest when it rained but also when Hurricane Mathew hit. It was reported last year there was rain, thunder and lightening on Tuesday, Sept. 13th Disney offered park hoppers or exchanged tickets for another day one lady got a cash refund. When Matthew hit they offered the same. I'm not sure what they did when they closed the parks at 5pm on Thursday, Oct 6th. On Friday, Oct 7th the park was shut down and Disney offered the same.

While I'm at it 9/2 was crazy busy, 9/8 was moderately crowded and 9/11 was dead. 9/16 had lite rain and moderate crowds.

Is there a reason no one else seems to be doing this? :confused3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter