"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we are going as the three fairies and were hoping to get a picture with her at the party, guess we will wait and see if it is open during the party and if she is there. Finger Crossed!

Who knows what's going to happen but since the change with Elena I don't think Aurora has been back much if at all. I know the Disney Parks Mom's panelist said they rotate but I've heard otherwise. Has anyone seen Aurora in the Princess Fairytale Hall within the last 9-12 months?

Last edited:
Anyone else waiting till the last minute to by tickets? I worry about a rain out. Can I buy them online the day before and they link to my Magic Bands automatically?

As long as the party isn't sold out, you can do that.

My fear exactly.

Should we instead watch the first parade and then follow it to the castle?

So, I have followed the parade out at the Christmas party before so this might be our new plan if we decide to watch the first parade. But then we are still jockying for a spot for fireworks. But without the projections like HEA it should be ok?

So is there any place to meet her?

I've met her in France in Epcot (in the gazebo) and at both CRT and Akershus.

Nothing like booking last minute just booked our trip this week. Booked MNSSHP for 8/25 and got dd into pirates league for a 4:55 appointment. They just shipped my MB today. We are never this late booking but I did get a great deal on AKL. When I called for a PL reservation I assumed they stayed open til at least 7pm for party night she said they closed at 5:30. My mom and myself aren't dressing up. Way to hot for me!

Who knows what's going to happen but since the change with Elena I don't think Aurora has been back much if at all. I know the Disney Parks Mom's panelist said they rotate but I've heard otherwise. Has anyone seen Aurora in the Princess Fairytale Hall within the last 9-12 months?
I haven't. It has always been Elena when we have been in MK since she arrived. However, I have seen Aurora back at her previous location (fantasyland castle wall) during the day sometimes. 2 years ago she met during MNSSHP by town hall but last year that spot was occupied by Snow White. If I recall correctly that was before Elena arrived at MK so at the time Aurora was meeting in fairytale hall. So who knows she may be the one by town hall this year not Snow White. I guess we will find out aug 25th :)

Hi all! I just booked my 2nd trip to WDW for MNSSHP and am thrilled to be coming back as there was so much I didn't get to experience during my 1st trip in 2015. I'm working on my costume as I was Minnie last time - this time I'll be Minnie with a twist, either a Halloween colors version or (my favorite) Minnie as a Haunted Mansion maid.

My one tip to anyone attending the party is this: hang out around Frontierland or just near the Rivers of America - at the 7pm part start time fog rolls over the river as the Ghost Host tolls the bell and welcomes everyone to the party. I just happened to experience this by complete happenstance and it gave me chills it was so cool!
I did a screenshot of your post to remind me to do that!! It sounds so cool!! Thanks for sharing the info!!

Okay, I am getting really nervous reading about all the lines for the party! I had planned to do the party on Thursday, October 5th, thinking that as a weekday it would be less crowded. But, DH and I booked the Tokyo pairing for the same day and it doesn't end until 6. It's the only day the pairing was available while we're there and I didn't realize that people lined up for party characters before 6. We mostly want to see the parade, the fireworks and the Hocus Pocus show and maybe ride some rides. However, I think we are going to Disneybound Lock and Shock (I have a stuffed Barrel to carry around:-) so it would be really cool to get a picture with Jack and Sally...

Should I change plans and go to the party on Friday 10/6? If I do, I'll have to adjust our Fantasmic dining package for another night. Or is there any chance of seeing them even though we'll be arriving late on the 5th?
Would love to see your outfit! They're my favorites!

Hi all! I just booked my 2nd trip to WDW for MNSSHP and am thrilled to be coming back as there was so much I didn't get to experience during my 1st trip in 2015. I'm working on my costume as I was Minnie last time - this time I'll be Minnie with a twist, either a Halloween colors version or (my favorite) Minnie as a Haunted Mansion maid.

My one tip to anyone attending the party is this: hang out around Frontierland or just near the Rivers of America - at the 7pm part start time fog rolls over the river as the Ghost Host tolls the bell and welcomes everyone to the party. I just happened to experience this by complete happenstance and it gave me chills it was so cool!

That is so awesome. Sadly things tend to leave my mind as soon as I read it, so I will put a reminder on my phone! :)

Update on my Tamatoa costume, my talented DW made this headband. Next will be doing something for the shell and making it SHINY! Exactly 3 weeks away for MNSSHP!

That looks so cool!

If you are staying at the Poly trader Sam's tiki terrace is a great place to watch the fireworks. They have live music in the evening but they take a break right before the fireworks and pipe in the fireworks music. You can get a dole whip with rum (called a spikey pineapple) while you watch :)

Do you happen to know if its quite busy at Trader Sams? I'm planning on making it there the evening of one of the MNSSHP dates so will be cool to see HalloWishes from a distance.

Cute! I'm going to be Tamatoa too!

Another cool headband!
I love the different takes you both thad.

I heard about part of this, didn't think about it in my plans though, I shall aim to do this in my 2nd party, thanks. :thumbsup2

If the first parade starts at 9:15 and the dessert party also starts at 9:15, I think you'll need to watch the second parade, as the dessert party doesn't include parade viewing. You won't have any trouble finding a spot in the handicapped accessible parade viewing area; there are CMs waiting there to help out!

Does the Sully costume have a mask? He won't be able to wear one. Otherwise it sounds fine as long as it doesn't drag on the ground!
No mask! Thanks! Looks like the onesie pajamas- he's prepared to wear shorts and t shirt under and just take it off when its hot!

That looks so cool!

Do you happen to know if its quite busy at Trader Sams? I'm planning on making it there the evening of one of the MNSSHP dates so will be cool to see HalloWishes from a distance
We have been to trader Sam's tiki terrace a few times for the fireworks. In our experience it hasn't been crowded but there aren't a ton of tables and some can't see the fireworks (blocked by the kids splash area at the Poly). If you arrive and there aren't seats I believe you can get a drink to go and take it to the beach or the grassy area right outside the lobby. We have also watched the fireworks from the grassy area and that's a good view too. The music can be heard there as well from my recollection. Obviously the fireworks are way better from inside MK but it is a nice Place to watch if you can't be at MK for the fireworks.

I bought party tickets for September 1 before I realized it was Labor Day weekend. It looks as if a lot of us are planning on coming that date.

My question is, do you think it's more "serious" Disney fans that will go at that time, like the kind of people here on the Dis? Do you think that the overall crowds that day will be large, or does it just look that way because a large proportion of DisBoarders are going then?

I looked at the TouringPlan estimated rankings of crowd levels, but that just ranks them in order with earliest dates being least crowded and late to dates being more crowded with no consideration for day of the week or anything, so that doesn't make sense to me.

I guess it's too late to change my party date anyway, but I'd like the know what to expect.

So my question basically is do you think the high number of DisBoarders attending on September 1 gives an inaccurate estimation of what the actual crowd will be?

I am trying to talk my husband into going. We are headed down without kids for the race weekend and food and wine. He thinks it's odd to go without kids. Our first night Nov. 1 is the last night if the party. Will it be more crowded since it is the last night? There will be plenty of adults without kids, right?

I am trying to talk my husband into going. We are headed down without kids for the race weekend and food and wine. He thinks it's odd to go without kids. Our first night Nov. 1 is the last night if the party. Will it be more crowded since it is the last night? There will be plenty of adults without kids, right?
It will be crowded but u will still be able to get stuff done. If this is your first time going to Mnsshp it's a must do. Especially if you love Halloween. Lots of people go to Disney without kids. You will have a great time.

We have been to trader Sam's tiki terrace a few times for the fireworks. In our experience it hasn't been crowded but there aren't a ton of tables and some can't see the fireworks (blocked by the kids splash area at the Poly). If you arrive and there aren't seats I believe you can get a drink to go and take it to the beach or the grassy area right outside the lobby. We have also watched the fireworks from the grassy area and that's a good view too. The music can be heard there as well from my recollection. Obviously the fireworks are way better from inside MK but it is a nice Place to watch if you can't be at MK for the fireworks.

Thanks, I'm seeing HalloWishes twice in the park so it'll be nice to see it from a different angle. If I can get there with enough time I'm going to wander down to the beach I want to have a drink or two inside Trader Sam's and then then get the drink they have at the Terrace and maybe grab my dole whip in a pot from Pineapple Lani and head down to the beach or do that then after the fireworks head back to Trader Sam's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter