"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree especially with budget cuts.
There are still a few unknowns for MNSSHP and they include:
  1. Popcorn Bucket (s)
  2. Beverages
  3. Party Patrol
  4. Once Upon a Time - Castle Projection Show
  5. Dance Party
  6. Madame Carlotta or Madame Rinotta hours
  7. Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card
  8. Character Updates
  9. Trick or Treat Updates
  10. Magic Shots & photo opportunities
EDIT: I'm sure we'll hear more in the next few days.

No clue about the rest, but OUAT is probably not happening. I can't remember exactly when it started, but it was around the start of Christmas party season last year. Unlike CtM, they did not show OUAT during the Christmas parties. So, I would assume that will continue during parties this year. It is scheduled through the first week of October, and not on the schedule for party nights.

I'm going as a haunted mansion barista..... (I made it up). But I will go HM make up and hair with cob webs. I thought for the meets I could call out the drink order for whomever I am meeting.
Love it! For one party I will be dressed in the HM apron, too! I'm wearing it over a black t-shirt dress. DH is wearing the HM ghost host t-shirt and my DD has a HM maid dress that I ordered from Etsy (it's so cute, she's only 4).

No clue about the rest, but OUAT is probably not happening. I can't remember exactly when it started, but it was around the start of Christmas party season last year. Unlike CtM, they did not show OUAT during the Christmas parties. So, I would assume that will continue during parties this year. It is scheduled through the first week of October, and not on the schedule for party nights.

I agree but I cannot take it off entirely as this has not been confirmed by Disney. Time will tell though. :-)

Loved seeing all the costume ideas.

What are people doing for costumes? I can't wait to see what other people do.
My family and I are going as a lost jungle cruise boat: they're always making comments of what happened to their last boat so I thought we could BE that last boat. My mother and brother will be in tattered safari-esq gear and I'm still searching for the perfect jungle cruise skipper hat. Super excited for my second (and their first) Halloween Party though!
Love it! Such a fun, creative idea!

I'm going as a haunted mansion barista..... (I made it up). But I will go HM make up and hair with cob webs. I thought for the meets I could call out the drink order for whomever I am meeting.
Love this too! We're doing a straight up HM theme ad i was thinking about what I could do quickly for makeup (driving down that same day and won't have a lot of time to change).

We have finally come to an agreement on costumes! We are a DC Comics loving family, most especially Batman. So DS10 is going to be Batman, with the rest of us as villains. DS23 is going to be Bane, DH will be Joker, and I'll be Harley Quinn. I really wanted to do something more Disney inspired, but we just couldn't come to an agreement. Going super easy, too, as they're all just costume t-shirts. Found a Bane neoprene mask that just covers the mouth/nose that DS can just pull up for pics, I'll wear glasses that look like Harley's mask, just need to find a Batman mask, and going to spray DH's hair with green hair spray. Not sure if he'll let me paint on Joker's smile...LOL. I love my Harley tank, it's hooded, so I won't have to worry about a headpiece! :)
Comfy! Perfect for the hot MNSSHP evenings.

I agree especially with budget cuts.
There are still a few unknowns for MNSSHP and they include:
  1. Popcorn Bucket (s)
  2. Beverages
  3. Party Patrol
  4. Once Upon a Time - Castle Projection Show
  5. Dance Party
  6. Madame Carlotta or Madame Rinotta hours
  7. Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card
  8. Character Updates
  9. Trick or Treat Updates
  10. Magic Shots & photo opportunities
EDIT: I'm sure we'll hear more in the next few days.
And Fastpasser had hinted that the group that works on all the events, including MNSSHP is stretched very thin. Starting the parties so early/having so many parties was mentioned as one of the sources of stress. I wonder if next year they will begin the parties so early.

Does anyone know if these light up Halloween bat ears are being sold at a certain shop at Disney World? I want to buy them at MNSSHP.

J8onzRB.jpg

I just saw them in a The Tim Tracker video they are being sold at the Emporium. He said $18.77 (+ tax?).
They look so cool when you see them flickering.

So someone a while back mentioned window decorating. I hadn't thought about that.

I don't want to lug the Halloween boxes down from the attic in August, but I could pick up a few things at Dollar Tree.

But my party is September 1. Would it be weird to have Halloween decorations up so early? I know party-goers are in the Halloween spirit that early but is the average resort guest?

I've never done MNSSHP before, and I have to confess that when in the MK in early September before I thought they were really jumping the gun on the decorations.

But this year I'm in the spirit! I might put a few paper bats up in the window. Why not?!

I was debating as I'm late September, if I do bring anything it'll paper decorations or a felt Happy Halloween sign at most. I figured since WDW is already in Fall/Halloween mode it'll be ok.

NEWS for DVC Members at Walt Disney World Resort

Members and their guests will channel their inner scoundrel during our pirate-themed parties on Oct. 31 from 3-5 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. in the Ballroom of the America’s at the Contemporary Resort. Costumed and non-costumed families alike will receive a “Buccaneer Booty Bag” to fill with treats and treasures, meet a Walt Disney World Ambassador, and enjoy a DJ dance party, a pirate-themed selfie station, carnival-style games with prizes, face painters and a complimentary character photo, along with Halloween desserts, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. The cost is $25 per person. Reservations are required and will become available through Member Services on Aug. 24.

Link: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...d-resort-disneyland-resort-halloween-parties/

This sounds like fun!

I apologize if I missed this information, but the parties will be starting soon! Is there any definite info out there on shows and times, etc.? Is there a map available yet? Thanks!:)

And Fastpasser had hinted that the group that works on all the events, including MNSSHP is stretched very thin. Starting the parties so early/having so many parties was mentioned as one of the sources of stress. I wonder if next year they will begin the parties so early.

I think Disney started in August because of how Labor Day Weekend worked out this year. I don't think we'll see this happen next year.

Labor Day is Monday, September 4th. The best two weekends prior to Labor Day is in late August. A lot of families are taking vacations during this time. Disney is also trying to promote more occupancy for August & September this was a perfect solution.

EDIT: I don't know about you but I've received at least 4 emails from Disney promoting their August & September "Special Offers" you know the discounts for package & RO offers.
I for one cannot imagine visiting the parks due to the heat & humidity - no thanks!

Labor Day is Monday, September 4th. The best two weekends prior to Labor Day is in late August. A lot of families are taking vacations during this time. Disney is also trying to promote more occupancy for August & September this was a perfect solution.

EDIT: I don't know about you but I've received at least 4 emails from Disney promoting their August & September "Special Offers" you know the discounts for package & RO offers.
I for one cannot imagine visiting the parks due to the heat & humidity - no thanks!

Right...I'm just wondering the fact that Labor Day is only a day earlier than it was last year why would it be the deciding factor to have parties in August this year? I'm not trying to be difficult with you or anything btw. I'm just trying to figure out what the reasoning is :)

Right...I'm just wondering the fact that Labor Day is only a day earlier than it was last year why would it be the deciding factor to have parties in August this year? I'm not trying to be difficult with you or anything btw. I'm just trying to figure out what the reasoning is :)

Oh, who knows Disney's mind set. I'm just guessing. I don't understand why they don't release all the MNSSHP information including a Character List. Look at all the crazy stuff we've been through and we still don't know at least 10 items. :confused3

Oh, who knows Disney's mind set. I'm just guessing. I don't understand why they don't release all the MNSSHP information including a Character List. Look at all the crazy stuff we've been through and we still don't know at least 10 items. :confused3

I know, seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter