"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much would we miss (other than the bag of candy) if we don't do the bypass? We will be entering MK around noon on party day and our 7DMT FP will have us in Fantasyland when you can start picking up wristbands. Is it worth it to walk all the way back to Main Street to get our wristbands and do the bypass, or should we just pickup in Fantasyland and stay there until our 5:15 BBB appointment?

Depending on how the next month of parties goes, DH will probably be getting in line to save a spot for meeting Moana - hoping to time it so that we can meet her not too long after we get done with BBB.

Skip the bypass. You don't have a lot of time.

As someone who went on August 25th to the MNSSHP and did the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party, I can tell you with 100% certainty that this is how they are doing it this year.
I don't know how they did it in the past, but this year it's arrive anytime after 8:30 to claim your table, which you can pick out. Once you have your table, they put a reserved sign on it, and it's yours for the rest of the party.

Thank you for sharing your experience! I kind of liked when they did the pre-assigned tables for the Wishes dessert party.. now I feel like I'm going to have to be one of the first people in line to get a good table. Was the front row of tables pushed all the way up against the rail or were they letting people stand at the rail? And how were the desserts??

Thank you!

Any advantages of watching to parade in front of the castle as opposed to where to starts? Also what is everyone recommending for a time to line up for Moana? Right at 4 or close? She is a must do for us!

Technically its our first party, last year we were almost completely washed out fireworks cancelled/no parade so hoping for clear skies this year!

Looking for one (or more!) parties to share a One-Day memory maker on October 15th (just going to the party!) I am going Oct 13-16 (park tickets 14-16) if anyone is also going at that time that I could pay a portion to be on as well.

Looking for one (or more!) parties to share a One-Day memory maker on October 15th (just going to the party!) I am going Oct 13-16 (park tickets 14-16) if anyone is also going at that time that I could pay a portion to be on as well.

Just wanted to add be sure to post on the Planning Thread over [URL="https://disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/"]here[/URL]

Planning Peeps - This is a great opportunity if you haven't purchased yet. Excellent way to save money.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where exactly to line up for wristbands at Tortuga Tavern? I want to be one of the first people in line so I can dash over to be at the front of the Jack and Sally line. I have an AP so will be in the park before 4.

Wait question how can people share memory maker?? I'm curious how that works.

Edit: Mostly because $60 while not terrible just is still iffy with me, so I'm totally up for sharing one for 9/26 party!

Edit 2: disregard edit 1 out of personal comfort

Last edited:
Wait question how can people share memory maker?? I'm curious how that works.

I would be interested in a one day share for my party day. However, you have to be very careful. I was very fortunate to have found someone on this board many years ago to do several photopass shares with. She was very trustworthy, etc. Not everyone is.

I thought I had a strategy all figured out with Moana coming out later. I was going to line up at 4-4:30 for jack and sally first and then head over and get in line for Moana. It seems they are coming out around the same times now. What do i do?! :confused3

I would be interested in a one day share for my party day. However, you have to be very careful. I was very fortunate to have found someone on this board many years ago to do several photopass shares with. She was very trustworthy, etc. Not everyone is.

When is your party day?

Any advantages of watching to parade in front of the castle as opposed to where to starts? Also what is everyone recommending for a time to line up for Moana? Right at 4 or close? She is a must do for us!

Technically its our first party, last year we were almost completely washed out fireworks cancelled/no parade so hoping for clear skies this year!

I think some people just like the atmosphere of watching parades in front of the castle. Honestly, I prefer frontier land myself because I think the whole land just looks a bit spookier for the parade.

It sounds like if you lined up around 5 you would be one of the first people, but let's see what happens at this next party.

Any early feedback on meeting Belle and Gaston? Do they typically come out right at 7pm? If you line up at 6pm how long will you wait?

They should be out right at 7 unless they have an issue getting ready. I think if you lined up at 6 you would be one of the first groups, so you wouldn't have long at all to wait after they come out.

I thought I had a strategy all figured out with Moana coming out later. I was going to line up at 4-4:30 for jack and sally first and then head over and get in line for Moana. It seems they are coming out around the same times now. What do i do?! :confused3

Did Moana's time get pushed up? I haven't heard anything. It sounds like if you were one of the first for Jack and Sally you'd be able to quickly walk to Moana and maybe still be one of the first. Moana is a tough one since we've only had one party to go by.

Was the front row of tables pushed all the way up against the rail or were they letting people stand at the rail? And how were the desserts??
The tables were pushed all the way against the railing, which were pretty much the best seats for the fireworks viewing. We got there at 9 and all those tables were taken. We sat in a table behind those front seats.

R4Kt7qu.jpg

I totally agree. I'm willing to have a phone call/skype video conversation/be Facebook friends etc. Trying to save some cash anyway I can! Going down with my wife for our 1 year anniversary from Buffalo, NY

Costume ideas... Going with a group of 8 adults in mid September and had idea to be a WDW paint crew (essentially coveralls with a mouse ears logo and splashed with different paints) or something similar. Alternatively, was thinking of a group of "fast pass testers" or other fake maintenance crew that ties into the Park but can't really figure out how to make it work. Any thoughts on either? Thanks!

We are eating at Jungle Skipper Canteen at 3:00 the day of the party would be missing anything at the front and bypass if we get our wristbands in adventureland instead of going back to the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter