"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the specialty merchandise (SHIRTS and PINS) be Sold Out by my trip on Halloween Night?

You have to link your MDE accounts. One of you purchases the MM, then everyone who is linked can use it. All the pics will show up on both accounts, but only the person who purchased will have the download option (or at least that's how it worked last time I did it). I have done this in the past with my sister, so no issues. The risk with a stranger is, you have access to each other's FP and ADR and something could accidentally get updated/deleted.

Ahh ok, thanks! Can you just create a separate MDE account that won't be attached to your FP and ADR and just have your MM on it?

Ahh ok, thanks! Can you just create a separate MDE account that won't be attached to your FP and ADR and just have your MM on it?

I'm not 100% sure so someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you have to have at least 1 park ticket linked to your account for you to event get memory maker.

Sorry if I'm not allowed to post links, but I think this is ok. TP has estimated crowds for the Halloween parties from least to most busy. The August 25th party turned out to be VERY busy, but I think it was the first time they've done a party that early and it was a CM discount night (I think), so maybe TP didn't take those things into account. Anyway, Sunday, October 1st is ranked as number 21 (1 being the least busy, 32 being the most busy). Tuesday, October 3rd (that's the day I'm going!) is number 13.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2017/05/12/find-least-crowded-halloween-party-2017/

We're planning on going on the 1st (already have tickets), but would there be a good chance to buy tickets for the 3rd if we decide we want to day of? It's something I've been considering lately since the lines seem to be so long!

We're planning on going on the 1st (already have tickets), but would there be a good chance to buy tickets for the 3rd if we decide we want to day of? It's something I've been considering lately since the lines seem to be so long!

Several of our MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets have been purchased day of or just a day or two in advance. There's the concerns of sell out but that seemed to decline in the last year or two - higher prices and perhaps they are selling more tickets than in the past but I don't know about that. Even back when they were selling out it was often day of or just a day in advance. For us we usually waited because after experiencing one rainy MVMCP I didn't really care to repeat that experience so would wait to see what the weather was predicted to be.

Hello Everyone, I am reading like a mad women taking in all I can before my party date Tuesday Sept 12th, we arrive at Disney in 11 days and I can't wait.

Disney Hubby and I have only been to the MNSSHP once before and we came with people that were not as active in hunting things down as we were so we had to treat the party with kid gloves, this year since it is just us we plan to go nutz. We have seen so many cool magic shots even on the main street posted by people that have gone already that are different than the ones listed on the first page... like dancing video with the ghosts... In addition I have seen that a lot of characters come to life around the Haunted Mansion that I didn't know about.

With all that being said does anyone have some special items they like to do that is not listed on the first page?

Several of our MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets have been purchased day of or just a day or two in advance. There's the concerns of sell out but that seemed to decline in the last year or two - higher prices and perhaps they are selling more tickets than in the past but I don't know about that. Even back when they were selling out it was often day of or just a day in advance. For us we usually waited because after experiencing one rainy MVMCP I didn't really care to repeat that experience so would wait to see what the weather was predicted to be.

Thanks! :)
That's definitely the plan-- wait and see. I haven't even mentioned it to my friend yet. :P

As awesome as Touring Plans is, I have found that their holiday party crowd calendar's are never even close to being right.
We did MVMCP and TP said Thursday was the pick of the week. That Thursday ended up being even busier than the Sunday and Tuesday parties.
They also said that this Aug. 25th MNSSHP would be one of the less crowded nights to attend, and the place was packed! It was 10 minutes of standing in line for just candy.
I wouldn't rely on TP when making your MNSSHP planning. Just go when you can and have fun!

As awesome as Touring Plans is, I have found that their holiday party crowd calendar's are never even close to being right.
We did MVMCP and TP said Thursday was the pick of the week. That Thursday ended up being even busier than the Sunday and Tuesday parties.
They also said that this Aug. 25th MNSSHP would be one of the less crowded nights to attend, and the place was packed! It was 10 minutes of standing in line for just candy.
I wouldn't rely on TP when making your MNSSHP planning. Just go when you can and have fun!

Well I think we all can agree that the first party was weird all around. Remember TP puts out the article with their predictions a few months before the first party so they can't gauge what walkup sales will be and what the weather will be like as well. They always disclose that information. Not to mention most of their predictions are based on ride time waits so they won't know if there's a long line for candy cause it's never officially reported. If you look at last year's MNSSHP predictions they got real close so that's impressive imo. Nothing is ever going to be 100%.

Does anybody know what ride wait times were like for last night in comprising to Friday? How was the crowd? What do you guys guess Sep 7 crowd will be?

Well I think we all can agree that the first party was weird all around. Remember TP puts out the article with their predictions a few months before the first party so they can't gauge what walkup sales will be and what the weather will be like as well. They always disclose that information. Not to mention most of their predictions are based on ride time waits so they won't know if there's a long line for candy cause it's never officially reported. If you look at last year's MNSSHP predictions they got real close so that's impressive imo. Nothing is ever going to be 100%.
No, I know that. We've been to 2 MVMCP's and one MNSSHP and all 3 times, TP was not even close.
I know the parties are very hard to gauge and they try their best. I think some people just rely too much on crowd calendars for the parties and make their plans around that rather than making plans that work for their own schedules.

I love looking at crowd calendars/predictions, but I always keep in mind the phenomenon that occurs when crowd predictions actually influence attendance. From what I've read, September at WDW used to be dead, but is now more crowded, because the 'secret' is out. I know that not everyone researches such things, but many do, and many plan their vacations accordingly.

Last edited:
No, I know that. We've been to 2 MVMCP's and one MNSSHP and all 3 times, TP was not even close.
I know the parties are very hard to gauge and they try their best. I think some people just rely too much on crowd calendars for the parties and make their plans around that rather than making plans that work for their own schedules.

Totally agree!!

I agree. Even TP has posted over the last couple of years on how they did predicting and their own reports show they are often off - and often way off. I too think that planning what works best for you is the way to go vs worrying too much about the crowd calendar. In the end I think that most of the parties are at capacity or very close. We've been to many sold out parties. Rain is about the only thing that makes the attendees go away and a quiet party. lol The rest IMO boils down to what the attendees that night do - is it characters that get a run? Is it rides? That's hard to predict and why TP probably has some problems getting it closer.

I agree. Even TP has posted over the last couple of years on how they did predicting and their own reports show they are often off - and often way off. I too think that planning what works best for you is the way to go vs worrying too much about the crowd calendar. In the end I think that most of the parties are at capacity or very close. We've been to many sold out parties. Rain is about the only thing that makes the attendees go away and a quiet party. lol The rest IMO boils down to what the attendees that night do - is it characters that get a run? Is it rides? That's hard to predict and why TP probably has some problems getting it closer.

I totally get it but you have to give credit to them for almost nailing last year's MNSSHPs. Their regular predictions are obviously better than their parties. I don't work for them btw lol ;-)

I have a couple questions, I'm sorry if someone might have mentioned them before this thread is long! The characters I want to meet most are the seven dwarfs. I saw online that they meet at the circus area (that's the little kid section right?) Can I line up before 7pm to meet them? I don't want to waste too much of the party time in line and know some characters come out early. Or would it be better to try and meet them near the end of the night when a lot of people have started to head home? I'll be in the park from 1pm.

I have a couple questions, I'm sorry if someone might have mentioned them before this thread is long! The characters I want to meet most are the seven dwarfs. I saw online that they meet at the circus area (that's the little kid section right?) Can I line up before 7pm to meet them? I don't want to waste too much of the party time in line and know some characters come out early. Or would it be better to try and meet them near the end of the night when a lot of people have started to head home? I'll be in the park from 1pm.

Yes they come out before 7pm. You need to get your wristband first, they start handing them out at 4pm.

MNSSHP 2017 - My Party Plan strategy in the making.

So you want to be in the line before 6pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter