"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else here going to the 10/17 party? I am super excited as this is our first Disney parks party. We are not planning anything. We are just going and will probably try to do rides early while everyone is in line for stuff. Then towards the end of the night, get pics and trick or treat. My kids will be 12 and 10 at the time so they are more into rides and candy then anything else. Looking forward to the parade and Hocus Pocus show the most.

I will be there that night! Right now the plan is for me to be in my red dress w/white polka dots and my Minnie ears...we'll see what the weather has in mind for that plan! I have a backup Halloween shirt just in case. I'm bringing my mom for her first ever WDW visit, and I don't know if she'll have any sort of costumey thing or not.

My first Disney party was last December, MVMCP, which was a sold out party. It did not feel crowded to us at all, but we're used to going during busy times. If you want any particular characters I recommend doing that first, because I missed out on most of them last December. For me it's Pooh and friends, and Daisy/Donald, Minnie and Mickey. We'll see what I actually end up doing, my careful plans tend to go out the window once I'm there and excited, lol!!

My kids are a little mad they're not coming for this trip...oh well :rotfl2:

Seconded. While the lines moved relatively quickly they thinned to practically nothing by 8 (this was on 8/29) and no, they didn't run out of candy.
And a tip I picked up from this thread...string backpacks! These were designated candy only and made carrying it around pretty effortless and barely noticeable.

Oh one thing, check your photopass photos and maybe get cards from whoever takes your magic shots. Ours with the hitchhiking ghosts is nowhere to be found under my photos and at this point there's nothing that I can do about it. Do stop for a photo on your way out of the party, though. The castle is all lit up and changing colors and makes a spectacular backdrop. I'm really glad that we took advantage of that one.

we did the string back packs for TOT but moved them to regular backpacks as they got fun because the strings tend to dig into your shoulders when the bag is too heavy.

As for the photos, there is a form you can fill out and the CMs will look for your photo. I believe it is on the photo website. It happened to me a few years ago and they were able to retrieve my photo within a few days

Oh one thing, check your photopass photos and maybe get cards from whoever takes your magic shots. Ours with the hitchhiking ghosts is nowhere to be found under my photos and at this point there's nothing that I can do about it..

Have you tried contacting Photopass? There's a form on the website you can fill out to have them look for missing photos. Be sure to give them as much information as possible - approximate time you had the photo taken, the date, how many people were in the photo, what everyone was wearing, etc. You can even upload another photo from the night so they can be sure they're looking for the right group. We had a couple of our honeymoon photos from EPCOT never show up in our Memory Maker and had to have them look for them - I'm so glad we did because they ended up being my favorite photos from the whole trip!

we did the string back packs for TOT but moved them to regular backpacks as they got fun because the strings tend to dig into your shoulders when the bag is too heavy.

As for the photos, there is a form you can fill out and the CMs will look for your photo. I believe it is on the photo website. It happened to me a few years ago and they were able to retrieve my photo within a few days

Have you tried contacting Photopass? There's a form on the website you can fill out to have them look for missing photos. Be sure to give them as much information as possible - approximate time you had the photo taken, the date, how many people were in the photo, what everyone was wearing, etc. You can even upload another photo from the night so they can be sure they're looking for the right group. We had a couple of our honeymoon photos from EPCOT never show up in our Memory Maker and had to have them look for them - I'm so glad we did because they ended up being my favorite photos from the whole trip!

Oh you guys are awesome! I had no idea. I'll try this right now.

I got the poison apple magic shot last year but I haven't gotten the headless horseman shot or the Rapunzel lantern shot. I think I can get the lantern shot during the day and not use my party time but which other magic shots would you recommend are worth the wait during the party

I would like to respectfully disagree. We thought the crowd was very light. Our priorities were probably different though. We were ther for the rides, show, and parade. We did 2 pictures the one on Main Street with the tangling ghosts and the one by haunted mansion, and 3 trick or treat trails ( daughter has braces and couldn't eat most of it) other than that it was our priorities. We never waited more than 25 min and that was for 7DMT and we did it twice second time was a shorter wait. Most things were 10 minutes or less. We just used the app and went where the lines weren't.

So happy to ready this since it pretty much our same priorities and party plan! Sounds like with the way we do the parties we have a good time!

Oh one thing, check your photopass photos and maybe get cards from whoever takes your magic shots. Ours with the hitchhiking ghosts is nowhere to be found under my photos and at this point there's nothing that I can do about it. Do stop for a photo on your way out of the party, though. The castle is all lit up and changing colors and makes a spectacular backdrop. I'm really glad that we took advantage of that one.

You should contact them.
Photopass email address: disneyphotopass_support@disneyworld.com
Photopass Phone Number: (407) 560-4300

Last edited:
I got the poison apple magic shot last year but I haven't gotten the headless horseman shot or the Rapunzel lantern shot. I think I can get the lantern shot during the day and not use my party time but which other magic shots would you recommend are worth the wait during the party

You *can* get the Lantern photo on non-party nights, but they only start doing it when it gets dark - it's not available during the day. If you're not in MK again after dark during your trip, you may want to budget that into your party night.

You *can* get the Lantern photo on non-party nights, but they only start doing it when it gets dark - it's not available during the day. If you're not in MK again after dark during your trip, you may want to budget that into your party night.

Thank you-I kept thinking, its not a party exclusive just get it before the party. Duh I need to get it at night. It seems so obvious but I wouldnt have walked that idea out to the obvious conclusion if you hadnt said something. We will be in MK 2 other nights (one a non party night another on a party night that I am not sure yet if I'll buy a second ticket to) so we can do it then.

here is last years poison apple shot
caludrenpumpkin.1.jpg

It is available during the party and at dusk.

Right... PP was saying she'd get the photo during the day and not waste party time. My post that you quoted was my pointing out that she doesn't have to use party time, since it's not a party exclusive photo, but she can't get it during the day. It's available every day of the week, but it's not available at, say, 2pm. They only do it once it starts getting dark - more concisely, "at dusk", and then for the remainder of the night, usually up until park closing.

Can you get the headless horseman magic shot before 4pm?
Also, can we enter MK in our costumes before 4:00?
thx!

L
Did you use MDE app or Touring Plans for ride times? Do they both work during the entire party and are they fairly accurate or inflated near closing just like on a normal night?
Did you use MDE app or Touring Plans for ride times? Do they both work during the entire party and are they fairly accurate or inflated near closing just like on a normal night?
I used MDE, it was pretty accurate although the actual wait times for 7DMT were shorter by 5-10 both times that we did it. When it said 10 minutes for space it was also a little shorter. We exited 7DMT at 12:03am for the last time. Those videos are the best

We were at the 9/1 party. It was a pretty rough go of it.
We got there a bit later than we wanted to and missed our Tinkerbell fastpass, saw Cinderella, Tiana, Elena and Rapunzel with fastpass. I lined up around 3:50 for Jack and Sally while spouse and kid got wrist bands.
I was 3 or 4 groups back for Jack and Sally, but, first group was a large one with multiple poses and photos. It started raining while we were getting our photos done. We just did one family pose as CM's were already announcing that Jack and Sally may have to go in. I'm not sure if they kept meeting or not, but, I saw a family after us get a turn. Since it was raining, we decided to go ahead and ride haunted mansion. While we were in there, my Tinkerbell wings were stolen out of the stroller. :( We've had annual passes for 4 years now and I've left things in my stroller so many times and never had an issue. The Tinkerbell wings were in a bag on the back of my stroller, they were stuck in deep, but, you could see them. Really couldn't believe someone would do that.
So, we didn't have to meet Tinkerbell anymore.
We hung around Haunted Mansion for a little while, but, photopass photographer still wasn't there, so we moved on. We went to Sleepy Hollow and got the Jack dessert. We just did a wander around the park also picking up Haunted Mansion desserts at Liberty Market, Aloha Aisle and Storybook, Auntie Gravity was out of them later, so we missed the 4th. We did the trick or treat line over by Splash a couple times and then went through Adventureland. Got in the Moana line, was quoted 2.5 hours, but it was only an hour before we were 2 families away, then she went inside because of lightening and it was just drenching rain. So, spouse and I took turns holding the place in the pouring rain and walking kid through the TOT in Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise. Moana came back out about an hour later. Shortly after this the night just dissolved into utter chaos. We waited awhile for the first parade, then gave up and walked back to try to meet characters, but, then heard the parade was on after all, so, left the 7 dwarfs line only to make it out when the parade was already over. Got back to the 7 dwarfs line because cast member said they would probably not start the fireworks until after the 2nd parade now. Then, of course, we'd waited another 45 minutes when they finally did set off the fireworks with a 5 minute or so warning. Left the line again to watch fireworks out in front of Dumbo. Hopped in the line for Cruella and met her with little wait, but, kid had to go to the bathroom and we were like 2nd in line when she showed up, so, photo is just me. Since we missed the first parade, we started waiting for the second parade, but, spouse gave up and left. Parade finally showed up around midnight. We didn't know they would actually do the Hocus Pocus show, we walked back into the park in hopes of finding a late TOT line as despite repeated TOT trips CM's were still pretty light on the candy when we went through, were hoping to do a bit better than one bag of candy. But, lines were closed and we made it back there and discovered the show was going on, only caught a small bit of it though.
Kid and I walked back towards the entrance and got as many magic shots as we could, got the dancers, poison apple, headless horseman and the one by the pumpkins. We walked by Haunted Mansion's exit several times during the night but never saw a photopass person. Went to Ariel's Grotto a couple times, never a photopass photographer. Were told they couldn't do the shot in the rain.

On the bright side, spouse and kid just loved it. They didn't know what they missed, so they thought it was just the best thing ever other than spouse missing both parades and having a poor view of the fireworks.

I don't think I will bother buying tickets ahead again. We will wait and buy day of the party. If it's sold out, I won't worry about it.

Had really wanted to meet Tarzan and Jane too, but, anytime we walked by they were in because of rain. We made it to Lotso, but, as soon as we got in the line he went inside due to lightning.

We spent a lot of time getting into character lines and then watching them shut the line down due to the weather. Felt like a lot of time got wasted.

On the other hand, we were lucky in that we got to actually meet Jack and Sally and we weren't stuck on the monorail like a lot of people were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter