"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had fun at our first ever halloween party! Dis meet was really fun and we even got to meet the seven dwarfs 15 mins before party end! (Only other character we got to meet was Lotso though)

We got a really good spot for the parade and fireworks and also got tons of candy.

I wanna do it again next year for sure!

(Oh, and boo to you and you and you has been stuck in my head since last night.)

What time did you get your parade spot in Frontierland and were you front row? We like to watch somewhere near Diamond Horseshoe and hope that 30-40 mins early will be enough! I also planned on walking over near Casey's for fireworks after the parade. What path did you take and do you have any crowd advice or wish you would have done it differently?

We're planning on the same thing on a night that will certainly be sold out, so also curious!

We had fun at our first ever halloween party! Dis meet was really fun and we even got to meet the seven dwarfs 15 mins before party end! (Only other character we got to meet was Lotso though)

We got a really good spot for the parade and fireworks and also got tons of candy.

I wanna do it again next year for sure!

(Oh, and boo to you and you and you has been stuck in my head since last night.)

That song is really the devil. Be ready for it to pop into your head randomly for many Halloween seasons to come.

Probably has been asked/answered - where are good places to watch parade and fireworks. We have a 3 year old and 1 year old (who I suspect may be asleep, since she goes to bed around 7 central time). Thanks!

I forgot to mention that we had front row seats on main street in front of the confectionery for the second boo to you on a sold out night! don't let "sold out" steer you away. yes, it's crowded but it's manageable.

The buses on the other hand are terrible, we waiting an hour and a half for a POP bus. you read that right. we left right after the second parade. Grab an Uber and call it a day.

Probably has been asked/answered - where are good places to watch parade and fireworks. We have a 3 year old and 1 year old (who I suspect may be asleep, since she goes to bed around 7 central time). Thanks!

Frontierland has a somewhat spookier atmosphere since there are trees and it is a bit darker. Some people prefer Main Street. If you want Main Street try to sidewalk in front of the train station, it can oftentimes stay clear longer than the rest of the parade path. I sometimes like to watch the parade in Frontierland near Splash where it starts so then I can move on while everyone else is still watching the parade.

Fireworks a good place is the grassy, fenced in area in front of Casey's. The opposite fenced in grass is reserved for dessert party patrons, but in front of Casey's is open to all. It is usually empty enough to sit and spread out while you are waiting.

Hey y'all! just got back from our trip today and definitely feeling the Disney blues.

we attended 2 MNSSHP. (the 22nd and sold out night 24th)

even thought the 22 wasn't sold out, it still felt crowded. Most rides were walk ons both nights. we waited 20 min for seven dwarfs on the 24th during fireworks and Peter pan was 15 minutes. was able to use FPs both nights before the party started. We only met goofy and his wait was 20 min on the 24th.

Had dinner reservations at BOG on the 22nd. it was ok, i would do a QS next time. not worth missing out on party time.

Did Beast appear at BOG while you were there? i have a reservation during a party, but dont want to keep it if he isnt going to be there. Daughter's bday and all she wants to do is see Beast! LOL

Had fun at our first ever MNSSHP on 9/19!

Me and my gf went as Brer Rabbit and Judy Hopps:

Jejm58f.jpg

Loved the parade, Hallo-Wishes, everything...

Well, except for one thing...

Did Beast appear at BOG while you were there? i have a reservation during a party, but dont want to keep it if he isnt going to be there. Daughter's bday and all she wants to do is see Beast! LOL

he is there but it was a 30 min wait to meet him. and you can only meet him when you're done with your meal.

For the character pictures, will they still take a picture with your phone like they do normally? I'm not buying the memory maker and would like some pictures without water marks all over them.

Based on the past few years that we have been going it is Sun, Tues, Thurs, and Friday nights generally in Oct. however Columbus Day weekend they move the Sunday party to Monday since most people/schools have Columbus Day off. As far as the week of Halloween goes it depends what night halloween falls on I think.

Is it just me, or is moving the party from Sunday to Monday because of Columbus Day, flawed logic? Seems to me, it would make more sense to KEEP the party on a Sunday, since most people could sleep in on Monday, their day off, after having been at a party until 12am...or use Monday to travel back home, because they won't have Tuesday off. It doesn't make any sense to me, unless people decide to take the whole week off because they get Monday off anyway. Maybe I'm just not privy to the Disney Powers-That-Be thought processes...

For the character pictures, will they still take a picture with your phone like they do normally? I'm not buying the memory maker and would like some pictures without water marks all over them.
Yes I went 2 yrs ago and cast members were happy to take pics with my phone.
I will be going back to MNSSHP this year on Sept 29 and Oct 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter