"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about military tickets:
In previous years, for both MNSSHP and MVMCP there were military discount tickets--but since you had to show your military ID, they had to be purchased in person. Because certain dates sell out, Disney had a policy that even if a certain date had "sold out", military tickets could still be purchased with proper ID. Any word if they are continuing this for 2017? And any thoughts on if the Sunday, September 10 party is likely to "sell out" far in advance? We live in Virginia, so I won't be able to purchase tickets until we arrive on September 9 (although, we do have a short trip planned in 2 weeks--but I know tickets probably won't be available yet.)

I'm undecided whether to go to my first MNSSHP on September 19th. I'm not really into the character meet and greets or trick or treating. Are the entertainment options that much better than an ordinary MK day?

The atmosphere, decoractions, shows, parade all make it worth it imo. We did not do any character meet and greets and I was ok with it. I highly recommend at least going once. I don't think you'd regret it!

I am sure it has been asked and answered, but please forgive me asking again:

Do you require park entry and a MNSSHP ticket to get into MNSSHP, or JUST a MNSSHP ticket?

So first world problems, but we will be on the Magic in May with limited wifi. I'm hoping for a Nov 1 party, what are the odds they sell out in the first 1-2 weeks?

ETA: I will be fine if they release in the first half of May, it's mainly the 13-20 that is going to be iffy because of sea days.

So first world problems, but we will be on the Magic in May with limited wifi. I'm hoping for a Nov 1 party, what are the odds they sell out in the first 1-2 weeks?

ETA: I will be fine if they release in the first half of May, it's mainly the 13-20 that is going to be iffy because of sea days.

Tickets won't sell out that quickly. You'll have time to purchase them when you get back home.

Zero. Even Halloween itself won't sell out until at least August, and it's even gone as late as early October before selling out.

Can't believe there are going to be 2 parties in Aug. Looks like I'll be going again this year.

Question about military tickets:
In previous years, for both MNSSHP and MVMCP there were military discount tickets--but since you had to show your military ID, they had to be purchased in person. Because certain dates sell out, Disney had a policy that even if a certain date had "sold out", military tickets could still be purchased with proper ID. Any word if they are continuing this for 2017? And any thoughts on if the Sunday, September 10 party is likely to "sell out" far in advance? We live in Virginia, so I won't be able to purchase tickets until we arrive on September 9 (although, we do have a short trip planned in 2 weeks--but I know tickets probably won't be available yet.)

I've bought tickets for the first Christmas party the day of many times, however until Disney confirms it you really don't know what will be offered. If you don't follow Steve at Military Disney Tips, you should. That is where I've always found this information. This year I plan on the last Halloween party vs. the first Christmas one so I'm not banking on any discounts and will purchase my tickets online. However, if you are purchasing for a discounted date I would imagine due to the required ID they will allow you to purchase day of as they have in the past. Again, MDT is your best resource.

Last year we went to MNSSHP on the last Sunday in September. Apparently it was the last day for CMs to purchase discounted tickets, so it SOLD OUT and was CROWDED. Does anyone know when the last day for CMs to buy tickets this year is? We are debating between Sunday, September 24th and Friday, September 29th. I know Sunday is typically better but not if it is the CM day. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter