"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closer to October, Resort Activities will be released & added to Post 2. You can check last year's thread for 2016 Resort Info. Probably a preference of what you want to do.

@kayteekt this might be important for you...

Are the Resort Halloween Activities just on Oct 31st?

There's a party on our arrival day which is great. We did not plan to use a park ticket for that date, but now we can easily do the party that night instead! Woo to the Hoo! Think we'll do some early dining at our resort quick service before heading over. I guess we should pack kiddo's costume in our carryon just in case.

Hello all,
I have a quick question which day in your opinion is a better day to go to the Halloween party Sunday September 10th or Tuesday September 12th. I have a 5 and a 2 year old and a sometimes grumpy husband hahaha. I just want opinions on which one would be less crowded.

I think they'll be equally the same, although a slight favor to Tuesday. I say this because lately instead of ending our vacations on Sunday, we now end them on Monday to get another Disney day in. Then you have those that are local and will need to be at work on Tuesday/Wednesday vs. those that may either get there earlier in the day on Sunday when off anyway and take that Monday off or go in late. ;)

Yes! I'm also working around school breaks and I'm thrilled that I will get to go to MNSSHP (August 25th) - I had thought I might never get to go to one!

me too, school starts for us in NY on August 31st, we will be in WDW 8/23 - 8/28, so i'm hoping that we can get tickets on the 25th

Just curious, I've never been to MNSSP, how does it work with the rides? Is everything still open? Do they still do fastpoasses that night?

I need help! I can't pick between the 8/29 or 9/1. This will be our first party so I'm trying to get the best experience. Would one day be more crowded? First day vs a Friday? But food and wine is starting so maybe it won't be busy on 9/1.

Just curious, I've never been to MNSSP, how does it work with the rides? Is everything still open? Do they still do fastpoasses that night?

Most of the rides are open. Mainly I can think of CP as being one that if it is open closes part way thru the party and maybe a couple others. There are no FP's for the parties.

So, does anybody have an opinion on the 11/1 Halloween Party?? Think it'll be extra crowded or extra empty? We've got the choice of the 29th, 31 or 11/1 for the Halloween party portion of our trip (will also do MVMCP the next week)....We're skipping the 31st because I think it'll be a madhouse. The 29th we could do, but we'll have been traveling all day and might be exhausted. I wasn't expecting 11/1 to be an option...but I like the idea of a Wednesday night and also post-holiday. Anybody ever done a party AFTER Halloween? If so, how was it?

There are 3 parties during our trip :dogdance:! How do we pick which one? We are looking at the first party on 8/25, or 8/29, or 9/1. I'm thinking Tuesday 8/29 is the best choice crowd-wise...but I'm worried about the weather. Thoughts? If we do 8/29, we'll spend the other day (Fri) in Disney Springs. Will Disney Springs be crowded out of control on 9/1? Gonna eat dinner at the Boathouse...

So, does anybody have an opinion on the 11/1 Halloween Party?? Think it'll be extra crowded or extra empty? We've got the choice of the 29th, 31 or 11/1 for the Halloween party portion of our trip (will also do MVMCP the next week)....We're skipping the 31st because I think it'll be a madhouse. The 29th we could do, but we'll have been traveling all day and might be exhausted. I wasn't expecting 11/1 to be an option...but I like the idea of a Wednesday night and also post-holiday. Anybody ever done a party AFTER Halloween? If so, how was it?

The November 1st party will most likely sell out.
There are 3 parties during our trip :dogdance:! How do we pick which one? We are looking at the first party on 8/25, or 8/29, or 9/1. I'm thinking Tuesday 8/29 is the best choice crowd-wise...but I'm worried about the weather. Thoughts? If we do 8/29, we'll spend the other day (Fri) in Disney Springs. Will Disney Springs be crowded out of control on 9/1? Gonna eat dinner at the Boathouse...

Why do you think DS will be busy on 9/1?

Slightly off topic but when does Party City bring out all their Halloween costumes? I am just dying to buy one of those princess costumes my daughter always gets but I can't cause I am 41 princess:

9/1 is the first Friday of Food and Wine. I think Epcot would be crowded. I don't think DS would.

Now my husband wants to go to 2 partys! One for the party and one for riding rides with little to no wait... Is that true for the rides? And which rides are open during the party?
Jungle Cruise and the tiki room are the only two I think of that are closed (Tiki room becomes a ToT station - so does Stitch's Great Escape, but that's only open seasonally now anyway).

Does anyone who has attended the party in the past have trip reports that detail their time at MNSSHP? If so, I'd love to read them! Gotta kill the time till my trip in a week and a half, and plan the next trip at the same time!

Does anyone who has attended the party in the past have trip reports that detail their time at MNSSHP? If so, I'd love to read them! Gotta kill the time till my trip in a week and a half, and plan the next trip at the same time!
I'm very interested as well! :)

Last edited:
Slightly off topic but when does Party City bring out all their Halloween costumes? I am just dying to buy one of those princess costumes my daughter always gets but I can't cause I am 41 princess:

I'm not sure about Party City but Hot Topic has a lot of fun stuff as does Etsy. While you're waiting you might want to take a look see.

We are planning on going on September 24th but I'm trying to decide how long we can wait to buy the tickets. I don't think crowds would be an issue but correct me if I'm wrong. I'm more concerned about the weather. The last time we went to DW was in 2013 when there was a torrential downpour like none other that I have ever experienced in Florida. If I didn't know better, I would have thought we were riding out a hurricane in DW. Anyway, any advice on when to buy tickets for 9/24?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter