"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No actual specials like discount, but have an Halloween Minnie Mouse Costume.

PP have done dessert parties in past, but if referring to how they will go/work this year, you will need to wait until PP post live reports. New 1st parade time this year, no parade viewing this year, added Plaza Garden Viewing this year, where PP sat there last year for fireworks. So lots of changes.
would anyone happen to have a picture of the 2017 Minnie Halloween dress thats in the bibiddi package

I had not heard this. The CM at Big Top just told me "We didn't get any." They didn't have any on the sheet she showed me. I assumed that included the first party too but maybe I misunderstood. At Frontier Trading Post the CM didn't seem to understand what I was asking for at all.
I'm disappointed to piss out on those pins.

That's why I talked to the manager. Those pins were the only party merchandise I wanted. I knew what the problem from the first party was, so I was only going to buy 1 box at Big Top and 1 box at Frontier. So I wanted to express my disappointment about not being able to buy a SINGLE box. Can't duplicate pins, if you only buy one box. That's when I got the spiel about sending them back, and that they would be back later. But I still want to know if that is true, or just something he said to make me go away. I've seen other people say they just won't be sold at all. And that seems like what Disney would do...just destroy it and write it off.

So I have been trying to keep up....but have a couple questions. I saw someone mention a 'map of all maps' or something to that extent that might have listed the M&G times/sets/breaks for the characters? Is there such a thing and where would you get it? Also, saw someone mention seeing Mickey during the parade? is he not in the parade in costume? I would love to get pics with some of the other characters that are only out for the party but we are just bringing our youngest who has some special needs and he is NOT one for waiting in lines. I would like to try and get a picture with Mickey if he is dressed up. We are under the 30 day mark, have to get our second off to college, travel to MSU for family weekend and THEN we can finally go on our trip for his 17th birthday.....starting to seriously stress about the entire trip!
Thanks for all the amazing information....I can't wait for our first party! I think there is only us and 2 other DIS'ers that are on the list for our party!!! Hoping that is an indication of the night we will have LOL

Kenny the Pirate has a Character Locator app that is life-changing amazing!! That's always my go-to for character sets/times and tips and tricks! On that note, I'm hoping some of you guys will weigh in - the only must-meet we have is Jafar. We'd also really like to meet Pooh & gang and Mickey. I haven't heard much chatter about these guys - are all 3 of these doable without spending hours in line? As much as we love Moana, we met her in DLR and I'm not feeling to spend 2 hours in that line. :) It's just DH and I, so we usually plan on the second parade, but with the time changes, are we risking not getting a good spot in front of the castle for fireworks unless we go to the first parade and hang out? 30 days and counting! WOOHOO! :banana:

I've parred down to just meet and greet with Mickey, Minnie, goofy, and Donald and Daisy. If they continue to split the line for Minnie and the ducks im a little concerned but at least these aren't 2-3 hour lines I'm looking at. Otherwise snacks, parade, hocus locus, fireworks and maybe a bit of trick or treating. Still going to be an insanely long day in the magic kingdom.

Kenny the Pirate has a Character Locator app that is life-changing amazing!! That's always my go-to for character sets/times and tips and tricks! On that note, I'm hoping some of you guys will weigh in - the only must-meet we have is Jafar. We'd also really like to meet Pooh & gang and Mickey. I haven't heard much chatter about these guys - are all 3 of these doable without spending hours in line? As much as we love Moana, we met her in DLR and I'm not feeling to spend 2 hours in that line. :) It's just DH and I, so we usually plan on the second parade, but with the time changes, are we risking not getting a good spot in front of the castle for fireworks unless we go to the first parade and hang out? 30 days and counting! WOOHOO! :banana:
So his app will list out when the character sets are and when they are break? Hmmmmm going to have to check into that! Thanks

We selected paper tickets as well- but I see they are linked in MDE. I assume they will automatically be on our magic band so we won't need the card?
Yes they should be. My magic bands are linked to a different MDE. These tickets were separate, and for whatever reason I bought them on my on MDE and made fast passes that I didn't want to lose. You should be fine.

That's why I talked to the manager. Those pins were the only party merchandise I wanted. I knew what the problem from the first party was, so I was only going to buy 1 box at Big Top and 1 box at Frontier. So I wanted to express my disappointment about not being able to buy a SINGLE box. Can't duplicate pins, if you only buy one box. That's when I got the spiel about sending them back, and that they would be back later. But I still want to know if that is true, or just something he said to make me go away. I've seen other people say they just won't be sold at all. And that seems like what Disney would do...just destroy it and write it off.

The situation is ridiculous! It will be very frustrating if they don't sell them at all.

If we're using a Park Hopper to enter MK, will we be allowed in with our costumes on around 3:15-3:30 or do we have to go without costumes at that time? Also, there will be plenty of people around riding the buses in costume, right? I've spent hours on these silly things, and now I'm starting to get anxiety about actually wearing them in public (I'm really not a costume type of person generally).

If we're using a Park Hopper to enter MK, will we be allowed in with our costumes on around 3:15-3:30 or do we have to go without costumes at that time? Also, there will be plenty of people around riding the buses in costume, right? I've spent hours on these silly things, and now I'm starting to get anxiety about actually wearing them in public (I'm really not a costume type of person generally).

I'm curious about this as well. I'm not too worried with my costume, I'm wearing a green Tinkerbell dress, but, without the wings on it just looks like a green dress. I'm not a costume person either. I might chicken out and never put the wings on and then I'll just be wearing a green dress.. lol

Has anyone bought tickets day of the party before? We want to make it down there by 4pm tomorrow, but it'll depend on traffic. I was hoping I could buy them at the gate if we make it on time.

I know I can always count on the brilliant DISers to come up with great ideas! :worship:
My yoga pants and t shirts only DD has decided she'd like to wear a dress?!?! So I think I should totally take advantage of this rare opportunity. Her hair is currently blue and I'd do inside out so she could be Sadness or maybe dye it green for Disgust. But then how do I do all the boys in the party's outfits? I should get to googling. She's the only one of my kids that even knows about the trip so she gets to offer all the opinions.:rolleyes1 She likes the idea of being Daisy Duck too. Decisions, decisions. Now to scour labor day sales and what might work.

Blue? Hey y'all could do Descendants too.

Hmm if you get the right color tshirts
I know I can always count on the brilliant DISers to come up with great ideas! :worship:
My yoga pants and t shirts only DD has decided she'd like to wear a dress?!?! So I think I should totally take advantage of this rare opportunity. Her hair is currently blue and I'd do inside out so she could be Sadness or maybe dye it green for Disgust. But then how do I do all the boys in the party's outfits? I should get to googling. She's the only one of my kids that even knows about the trip so she gets to offer all the opinions.:rolleyes1 She likes the idea of being Daisy Duck too. Decisions, decisions. Now to scour labor day sales and what might work.

Sorry I got another idea! How about duck tales? Super easy as well.

Has anyone bought tickets day of the party before? We want to make it down there by 4pm tomorrow, but it'll depend on traffic. I was hoping I could buy them at the gate if we make it on time.
As long as it is not sold out, they will sell you tickets on the same day.

*My DD and her husband stood in line for two hours to see Jack Sparrow and then PhotoPass added the picture of the people behind them in line instead of their picture to our account. I'm not sure if that's fixable? She's just glad that they asked someone to take pictures with her cell phone as backup.
This happened to us 3 years ago at the HM. I filled out the form and within 2-3 days, they were able to locate our photos. You have to give rough estimates of time, # of people, costumes - anything to help them find the correct photos. In our case, it was easy because we knew the people in the photo we got were right in front of us in the line. So they just needed to find their photos and ours were right after.

If you have booked the Terrace dessert party, you will be viewing from the terrace. If you booked the garden viewing (which was just released last week), you will have the "ground viewing" - which is what I'm guessing you saw in the vlog? Neither dessert party include parade viewing this year, however.

I was so concerned about this that I called Disney and asked, they told me that the Premium Package that I booked included the parade viewing and that I would be on ground....I'm so confused and worried. I guess I'll just have to wait and talk to someone there when I get my ID/Pass thing. If I do have Terrace viewing perhaps they can refund me the difference or whatever and make it happen that we get ground level viewing of the fireworks. Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)

When you get your MNSSHP bracelet, head on over to the Tomorrow Land Terrace and let them know you have a dessert party reservation. They will give you a lanyard (yours to keep). They will tell you to arrive back there anytime after 8:30pm. Fireworks start at 10:15.
Tables are first come, first serve, BUT, once you pick out your table, they will put a "reserved" sign on it and that is your table. After that, you are free to do what ever you want. You can eat, drink, sit down, or even leave! If you leave, you can come back anytime and your table that you picked out will still be there for you.

Because, reserved parade viewing is not included, if you want to see the first parade at 9:15, you will need to leave the Terrace to watch it. You can only see bits and pieces of the parade from the terrace and it's far away as well. Not recommended.
My suggestion would be either 2 things:

1) Check in at 8:30, reserve your table, and grab a spot for the parade. The parade should be over around 9:45 on main street. Head back to the Terrace, eat, drink, and watch the fireworks.

2) Check in whenever, eat and drink until you are nearly sick, watch the fireworks at 10:15, watch the 11:15 parade.

Oh, and yes, you will watch them from the Terrace's ground level.

Thank you for your tips and suggestions, I think I will take your sugestion #2, but I'll stop just before I get nearly sick!! LOLOLOLOL!!! :rotfl2::rotfl:

Yeah, this one is great. In addition to what I mentioned before, The blanket is super soft, two nice pillowcases and a really nice "floor basket" container thing. Treats include candy corn, gummy worms, pretzels big bag, big box of taffy, funfetti. And the door banner is also really cool.

I'm really impressed with it. I'm going to email my "thumbs up" and gently suggest they revisit the cihristmas/holiday one....
Do you happen to have a pic of this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter