"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I hold out to buy tickets till the day of the event do you still get a pass holder discount? Anyone know the exact price? I'm having a hard time making a decision on going or not. We went the last 2 Febuauarys so I know how awesome this is. My problem is the party is our arrival day and we have a 6:40 AM flight so that means we have to get up before the butt crack of dawn we also have a 4:05 reservation at ohana. The rest of this day after arrival is supposed to be spent at MK with her friends. This is a trip for dance my kid will be dancing in a parade at the magic kingdom! The party goes till 1am and the next day my daughter has to be at a bus stop for noon to get picked up for a 2 hour parade practice.

AP discounted tickets are $89 plus tax. I'm not sure if an AP discount is available same-day. Same-day regular tickets (if available) cost more - $124 vs $119 (plus tax), but not sure what happens with the AP discount.

Any advice on transportation?

8/4 in my check in day, 3pm. We have 'ohana ADR at 510pm. I'm hoping to get into the room earlier than 3pm, but if I don't we are going to be rushing to get the room unpacked (13 night stay), washed up and to dinner on time. I was planning to drive to 'ohana because I am assuming that we will be running short on time, but moving the car to TTC, taking the monorail and dealing with getting to the car after the event sounds unappealing.

Does anyone have experience getting back to TTC after this event?

I'm think Uber to dinner and bus back to the resort seems like the best solution.

Last edited:
Any advice on transportation?

8/4 in my check in day, 3pm. We have 'ohana ADR at 510pm. I'm hoping to get in earlier than 3pm, but if I don't we are going to be rushing to get the room unpacked (13 night stay), washed up and to dinner on time. I was planning to drive to 'ohana because I am assuming that we will be running short on time, but moving the car to TTC, taking the monorail and dealing with getting to the car after the event sounds unappealing.

Does anyone have experience getting back to TTC after this event?

I'm think Uber to dinner and bus back to the resort seems like the best solution.
We had an Ohana dinner before our DAH and we took a Minnie Van to the Polynesian. We then took the monorail to MK with no issues for DAH. After the event was over we took the bus back to Pop. The Minnie Van was super efficient and saved us a lot of time because they dropped us off right at the front of the hotel.

How late does the Emporium gift shop stay open after the end of DAH? We will be attending the last Sat in July without kids. They are already mad at me, so they will definitely kill me if we don't bring them souvenirs! I'm hoping we can souvenir shop after the rides are closed so it doesn't interfere with touring time.

Hello,

We are considering purchasing tickets to the Disney After Hours event on August 11th. This is a last minute and quick weekend trip so we thought that would be a great way to use our time. I am disappointed that the event doesn't start till 10 and goes till 1. I would much rather it start earlier. What time will after hours guests be allowed into the park? We will have park tickets that day, but we are trying to plan a dinner to take break before the party. Also has anyone been disappointed in this event? We are worried about it being such a long day but excited for the short lines!

Hello,

We are considering purchasing tickets to the Disney After Hours event on August 11th. This is a last minute and quick weekend trip so we thought that would be a great way to use our time. I am disappointed that the event doesn't start till 10 and goes till 1. I would much rather it start earlier. What time will after hours guests be allowed into the park? We will have park tickets that day, but we are trying to plan a dinner to take break before the party. Also has anyone been disappointed in this event? We are worried about it being such a long day but excited for the short lines!
My event went from 9-12 and it was more than enough time tbh. They let us in around 6 pm and I would plan on that staying the same. I doubt they will let anyone in earlier than that. So far, I haven't seen too many complaints about DAH. It really is the best thing I have ever paid for at Disney. We were able to do pretty much the entire park from 6 pm-12 am. We even stopped for snacks, took pictures, and met characters during that time. There are hardly any people, getting unlimited snacks is awesome, and it's fun to take pictures with no one or few people in your pictures. I definitely say go for it. We are going in October and I'm sad that there isn't one being offered then.

How late does the Emporium gift shop stay open after the end of DAH? We will be attending the last Sat in July without kids. They are already mad at me, so they will definitely kill me if we don't bring them souvenirs! I'm hoping we can souvenir shop after the rides are closed so it doesn't interfere with touring time.

I didn't shop after our event in January, but I remember reading that shops & restaurants closed pretty quick after the end of the event. Maybe you can shop during the regular park hours & store your bags in a locker til you are leaving. Just don't forget to pick them up later!

After saying we were gonna pass, we just booked 3 tickets for the party on June 28th. Nervous about being the first night in the latest batch of dates but it will be a nice end to our trip. Our flight the next day isn't until 4 so we can sleep in.

Last edited:

We were in The Emporium on 1/30/18, 45 minutes after DAH was officially over. There were quite a few people in the shop but it was very obvious that they wanted to close. I only know the times because we had a photopass photo at 11:41 and a final photo (taken by us) leaving at 11:53. We were in The Emporium in between these photos.

We went on 1-30 with an 11PM close, by 11:15 the doors were locked..it seemed they closed right at 11 because there were hardly any people inside.

Does anyone remember what, if any, exclusive to the event merchandise there was? Don't want to spend a lot of time shopping, but would like something to mark the occasion. So looking forward to the reports from the first party and super excited about ours at the end of July!

Does anyone remember what, if any, exclusive to the event merchandise there was? Don't want to spend a lot of time shopping, but would like something to mark the occasion. So looking forward to the reports from the first party and super excited about ours at the end of July!

To my knowledge, there hasn’t been any “event exclusive merchandise” in the past. Someone please chime in if I’m mistaken.

Bit the bullet and purchased tickets for June 30 for our family of 4 (with an 8 and 11 yo). We were not even planning a visit to the parks this trip as we are only staying in Orlando 3 days post cruise. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity and think my kids will have no problem staying up until 1am. I'm most excited to take a picture in front of the castle when the park is nearly empty!

Hello,

Mine starts same time another date in August and I believe the woman said 7pm we can come arrive.

I’m not getting there till at least 830. I only really wanna be there for after hours when it’s less people so I’ll probably time it to be inside when the fireworks are about to begin

To my knowledge, there hasn’t been any “event exclusive merchandise” in the past. Someone please chime in if I’m mistaken.
I didn't see any DAH merchandise. It's kind of lame because the ones at DL sound waaay better and cost less.

Bit the bullet and purchased tickets for June 30 for our family of 4 (with an 8 and 11 yo). We were not even planning a visit to the parks this trip as we are only staying in Orlando 3 days post cruise. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity and think my kids will have no problem staying up until 1am. I'm most excited to take a picture in front of the castle when the park is nearly empty!
The only thing I suggest is having your kids sleep during the day and DON'T plan to be anywhere early the next day. We had our 9 yo niece lay down in the afternoon before DAH and she was convinced she could make it to midnight. She made it to about 11:30 and was done for the night. Walking around in the warm weather made her more tired than she thought she would be. We then woke up and did RD at AK the next morning which was a huge mistake.

I went in January with my daughter I think it was 8-11, or 7-10. I LOVED it. But it is not like the DVC parties, no special meet and greets, no fireworks (during the event). No T shirts or merchandise. The focus is rides rides rides. And free popcorn and Mickey bars. It was so nice, especially in the far corners like BTRR area and over by Little Mermaid. We rode LM, no one else was in any of the cars, we danced and sang along loudly in our seats, so fun. Skipping around, literally, no one around.

We did not ride Mine Train, there was a line for it when we were in that area. We moved on when we saw a line.

I'm going again June 30, with friends. It is late but we will rest all afternoon (after opening up TS land at the Studios in the morning).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter