• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have dinner reservations at comtempary lets say,

Can you leave there after HEA, and then go in for after hours?

Would that be hard to do with people leaving, or will there be a place where I can enter at 10pm? Thanks

Sure, you could do that. You might be fighting the crowds leaving, so that might be a challenge. But certainly do-able. There will be a few entry posts marked for “event entrance”. You will just have to make your way to those to enter & they will be open at 10. You will scan in & get your lanyard & be good to go. The only caution is, you don’t want to waste too much of the actual afterhours getting in to the park. I would suggest you try to get into the park by at least 9:30, so you are past Main Street & ready to start riding at 10. You wouldn’t want to spend 30 minutes of a 3 hour event just getting into the park & to your first ride. At least I wouldn’t! ;)

Last question

If you are renting from DVC member, can they buy the ticket for there price for you?

Interesting question. Have no personal knowledge, but I would think not. This event is not related to the resort booking. It is a seperate park event. I am an AP holder. I can buy reduced price tickets for myself & the members of my party. I can’t buy reduced rate tickets to sell to other people when I won’t even be at the park, let alone with them. Might you (General not personal you) get away with it? Don’t know but seems against the rules to me. Seems like that would violate the “nontransferable” language.

Last question

If you are renting from DVC member, can they buy the ticket for there price for you?

DVC-discount tickets for special events are usually restricted to guests staying with the DVC member on the member's reservation. Sometimes they're even limited to guests who live in the same household as the member. So the discount tickets would not be available to renters. Sorry!

Ok No Problem

So let me get this straight. I can still have a park hopper ticket on the day of the event. So I can basically go to Animal Kingdom in the morning lets say with my Magic band, and later on in the day, I can go to Magic Kingdom starting at like 7pm with the hard ticket. It wouldn't use my magic band that already has a hopper on it?

Basically do I even need the magic band that will already have a hopper that day, if I have the hard ticket. I am thinking about going to MK probably around 9:30 that night anyway.

Also, can I still make fast pass at another park for that day when this is booked?

If you have dinner reservations at comtempary lets say,

Can you leave there after HEA, and then go in for after hours?

Would that be hard to do with people leaving, or will there be a place where I can enter at 10pm? Thanks
I mean you could...but when we pay for an upcharge event we use the entire time that we can.

At the moment, tickets are only available by calling (407) 827-7185, they aren't available online. Somewhat odd, but they did the same with MNSSHP and MVMCP this year (dates announced, tickets on sale by phone only at first, then later added online).

Good question on the AP holder being able to buy other other discounted tickets, I'm not sure?
When we went, I had an AP and bought 4 tickets with AP discount. The others in my group did not have AP at the time. They told me I could buy up to six.

I mean you could...but when we pay for an upcharge event we use the entire time that we can.

Yea but the park is open till 10pm and I would already have a normal park hopper that day, so I would visit another park earlier in the day. So the upcharge event really doesn't start till 10pm.. So I don't see how I wouldn't be using the entire time if I entered the park at 10

I guess it makes sense if you are strictly having this hard ticket and not a normal ticket.

Either way I would try and get in before 10. Maybe push forward dinner

I have an AP and we go a few times a year so my perspective is skewed, but if I were doing one of these late night summer DAH dates, I probably wouldn’t plan on arriving until pretty late in the evening. The 7pm arrival doesn’t much appeal to me.... I might even wait until after HEA, head in, and enjoy the evening.

But if I didn’t otherwise have a park ticket for that day, I can see how arriving at 7pm could be appealing.

We are going to one of the first summer nights. My mom purchased the tickets for her. We aren't AP holders but are going to be once we get to WDW (going to upgrade our tickets there). Anyway to get the price back for the AP discount? I know that it probably isn't a lot so it isn't a big deal but it might be a Mickey bar or something along the way!!

We are going to one of the first summer nights. My mom purchased the tickets for her. We aren't AP holders but are going to be once we get to WDW (going to upgrade our tickets there). Anyway to get the price back for the AP discount? I know that it probably isn't a lot so it isn't a big deal but it might be a Mickey bar or something along the way!!

The AP discount is 25% (roughly $30) so it’s actually relatively significant (from my perspective). I have not personally done this, but DISers over the winter in similar circumstances reported they were able to visit Guest Relations and get a credit for the AP discount amount.

Don’t take my word for that, but the question came up several times and that seemed to be a pretty consistent response.

I booked today for June 28th. I saw online that others who were planning to upgrade to AP were able to book with the AP discount. The cast member I spoke to even offered to me that if you plan to upgrade you may book the AP rate. We are upgrading but I started to wonder about those that would book at AP price and not upgrade.

Yea but the park is open till 10pm and I would already have a normal park hopper that day, so I would visit another park earlier in the day. So the upcharge event really doesn't start till 10pm.. So I don't see how I wouldn't be using the entire time if I entered the park at 10

I guess it makes sense if you are strictly having this hard ticket and not a normal ticket.

Either way I would try and get in before 10. Maybe push forward dinner
That was our only ticket for the day so that’s why we showed up as early as we could.

What are the chances of these tickets being available the day of the event? I'm thinking about upgrading to APs when we get there, but I'm not sure yet. I'd probably be buying tickets for the July 7th event.

What are the chances of these tickets being available the day of the event? I'm thinking about upgrading to APs when we get there, but I'm not sure yet. I'd probably be buying tickets for the July 7th event.

5 of the 7 winter dates sold out in advance.

There’s no track record or history to point to for these summer dates, so it’s all speculation. But, my gut says don’t risk it if truly important to you. TBD, of course.

5 of the 7 winter dates sold out in advance.

There’s no track record or history to point to for these summer dates, so it’s all speculation. But, my gut says don’t risk it if truly important to you. TBD, of course.
I'm wondering if they would refund me the difference or reduce my AP price if I bought them at non-AP price and then upgraded to AP when we got there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter