• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to WDW enough times to know how to get the rides I want done during the day and all that, even during the busiest times, but I want to go to this as a kind of special experience.

I'm wondering if they would refund me the difference or reduce my AP price if I bought them at non-AP price and then upgraded to AP when we got there?

No personal experience, but in the winter several DISers reported being able to stop by Guest Relations and get a credit for the AP discount amount for the DAH ticket. I think it may have been in the form of a Disney gift card, but don’t know that for sure. Hopefully others who have done this can chime in.

As to the conversation above.... DAH tickets are just like MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets....they are non-refundable once purchased. Folks shouldn’t buy tickets unless they are absoluately sure they will be attending. It’s not like EMM or a dessert party where you can cancel at a later point with no penalty if your plans change.

We are going to one of the first summer nights. My mom purchased the tickets for her. We aren't AP holders but are going to be once we get to WDW (going to upgrade our tickets there). Anyway to get the price back for the AP discount? I know that it probably isn't a lot so it isn't a big deal but it might be a Mickey bar or something along the way!!

Im planning to upgrade to an AP in September, so I just asked the CM for the AP price when I bought my DAH tickets. She gave me the AP price, and I think the tickets are will call and so I’ll have to show the active AP when I pick them up. Otherwise they’ll just charge me the difference then (if I choose not to get the AP).

Im planning to upgrade to an AP in September, so I just asked the CM for the AP price when I bought my DAH tickets. She gave me the AP price, and I think the tickets are will call and so I’ll have to show the active AP when I pick them up. Otherwise they’ll just charge me the difference then (if I choose not to get the AP).
Oh this is good to know! Thanks!

Oh this is good to know! Thanks!

I'm not an AP holder, but we are upgrading our Park Hoppers to AP's in September. When I booked DAH over the phone and asked if there was an AP discount, the CM gave me the discounted price. Then I got a confirmation number, which I linked in MDE and my DAH tickets are now showing in MDE for that day.

Can I book my fast pass tickets to another park the morning of this event, even if I buy this special event ticket?

I already have a set number of days on my Disney tickets and they are not park hoppers. I would go to another park in the morning ( using my magic band and my last day ticket attached to it)

I am just making sure if I bought this event ticket, it wouldn't affect my window for fast pass when open for that day, and that I can just use my special event ticket for entry. ( Since my normal ticket would be all used up at that point by going to another park in the morning )

Thanks

Can I book my fast pass tickets to another park the morning of this event, even if I buy this special event ticket?
Yes. Your FPs will link to your MDX account and your regular ticket entitlement gets deducted when you enter the first park.

All special event tickets enable entry to the event and they don’t interfere with regular park tickets used the same day.

I will let you know my experience. I had to cancel our DAH in February (it was a sold out date). I got the dreaded noro virus and was very sick:sick: Disney gave me all my money back for this hard ticket event on a gift card. They had no obligation to do this and the CM was very nice. My airline also was so nice because of the severe Influenza season they also let me change my flight to a later date without fees, which is unheard of! So that is my experience. I now get a do over on 8/11 to do the DAH, yippee!! I did one in 2017 and loved it! It is worth every penny in my opinion as long as Disney doesn’t ruin it by selling to many tickets!

I will let you know my experience. I had to cancel our DAH in February (it was a sold out date). I got the dreaded noro virus and was very sick:sick: Disney gave me all my money back for this hard ticket event on a gift card. They had no obligation to do this and the CM was very nice. My airline also was so nice because of the severe Influenza season they also let me change my flight to a later date without fees, which is unheard of! So that is my experience. I now get a do over on 8/11 to do the DAH, yippee!! I did one in 2017 and loved it! It is worth every penny in my opinion as long as Disney doesn’t ruin it by selling to many tickets!

Amazing!

I am pretty positive they won’t do that simply because I can only imagine the rage from people who went and felt it oversold.

I’m sure Disney would take care of it so it should be fine.

I personally think that anybody going to this shouldn't make a plan for it.. as in " what to ride first, etc etc "

I think that kills the entire point of paying this kinda money for extra.

This literally could be the only time when you are at Disney where you don't have to plan. You can just walk and have fun, and go on anything you want at anytime. That appeals to me. Winging it

I think I might do it

Last edited:
Amazing!

I am pretty positive they won’t do that simply because I can only imagine the rage from people who went and felt it oversold.

I’m sure Disney would take care of it so it should be fine.

I personally think that anybody going to this shouldn't make a plan for it.. as in " what to ride first, etc etc "

I think that kills the entire point of paying this kinda money for extra.

This literally could be the only time when you are at Disney where you don't have to plan. You can just walk and have fun, and go on anything you want at anytime. That appeals to me. Winging it

I think I might do it

That “winging it” appeal is abig reason why we decided to book it, despite having 3 MK days already. Just to enjoy the atmosphere and go where we please.

That “winging it” appeal is abig reason why we decided to book it, despite having 3 MK days already. Just to enjoy the atmosphere and go where we please.

I myself am curious if it’s going to be even less people during the summer for this.

I expect more of an adult vibe for the 10-1am crowd. I don’t know if a lot of families with young kids can take them being out that late, probably tired.

Very curious to see reports in the future.

I hope they keep the cap at 3000 people though in the summer or that can mess with the great parts about it

Last edited:
We are going on 7th July and have booked a 1 night stay at AOA so fp+ day is tomorrow assuming it lets us. Any advice on what 3 to pick for the 7-10pm starting time? We don't have other tickets and this one night will be our only time at disney until next summer. Was thinking maybe a couple of the rides that take longer to get through such as haunted mansion and pirates and mine train (if available) as it seemed to be busiest during other events. That would then leave us free to wander to whatever we wanted during the event.
Thanks for any advice.

1. I'm planning on Splash Mountain. It should be open during the party, but since it is a long ride, I'd rather try to ride it before the party starts.

2. Space Mountain - because my kids love it, because it seems to frequently go offline and we don't want to miss it, and because my guess is if any line gets long during the party it will be this one, Peter Pan, and 7D

3. (we have an EMM scheduled so we are not trying for a 7D FP, but I think you should because it has been reported that 7D does get a line during the party) For our 3rd FP, I might go with the Jungle Cruise because I HATE THIS LINE THE MOST and also because I don't think I will go into adventureland during the party ... or maybe Meet Mickey since I don't think I be at the front of the park during the party either.https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-galactic-nights-launch-bay-jt.3439569/unread

PLease come back and let us know if you were able to book FP

Last edited:
I wasn't going to buy it, but I did. I figured its much more stressful to think about buying a ticket than actually buying it. So now I bought it and I'm not stressing over it.

Very nice lol

We are going on 7th July and have booked a 1 night stay at AOA so fp+ day is tomorrow assuming it lets us. Any advice on what 3 to pick for the 7-10pm starting time? We don't have other tickets and this one night will be our only time at disney until next summer. Was thinking maybe a couple of the rides that take longer to get through such as haunted mansion and pirates and mine train (if available) as it seemed to be busiest during other events. That would then leave us free to wander to whatever we wanted during the event.
Thanks for any advice.
When I did it in March I got Splash, Jungle Cruise, and Haunted Mansion because they are all in the same area. I would've picked Pirates, but it was being refurbished while we were there.

1. I'm planning on Splash Mountain. It should be open during the party, but since it is a long ride, I'd rather try to ride it before the party starts.

2. Space Mountain - because my kids love it, because it seems to frequently go offline and we don't want to miss it, and because my guess is if any line gets long during the party it will be this one, Peter Pan, and 7D

3. (we have an EMM scheduled so we are not trying for a 7D FP, but I think you should because it has been reported that 7D does get a line during the party) For our 3rd FP, I might go with the Jungle Cruise because I HATE THIS LINE THE MOST and also because I don't think I will go into adventureland during the party ... or maybe Meet Mickey since I don't think I be at the front of the park during the party either.https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-galactic-nights-launch-bay-jt.3439569/unread

PLease come back and let us know if you were able to book FP

Not sure what it will be like in the Summer but for the past two years we've done this event and there has never been a line for Space Mountain. My girls have gone a ton of times with no wait :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter