• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

I only had 2 wishes after doing HHN last year - a Stranger Things house (love that show - but never believed there was any chance of it happening) and 2 nights to enjoy instead of one. So I'm already set - everything else is gravy. :dogdance:

(I kinda wished they'd bring back that beautiful Trick r' Treat scare zone, but hopefully the house will be good.)

Yep, we loved that scare zone too......it was a lot of fun!

Stranger Thjngs is new to us, but enjoying it a lot and looking forward to the house!

Just got my AP Rush of Fear tickets. Yeah!!! Glad I passed on BOGO!

Fantastic!!!

I think RoF with EP is the same price as last two years........I’m sure we paid that for each person........

Glad it was still on offer though, perfect ticket for us.

Yes. Excellent choice. Thanks for all your help. The price was great. We did have same ticket last year and it worked out well.

I think I gambled right by getting the BOGO. FF+ w/EP would have been more expensive, since it doesn't cover Saturdays. Just got my EP for 1 night. I need to figure out what other night I want EP for. It's begun:jumping1:

Ser
I think I gambled right by getting the BOGO. FF+ w/EP would have been more expensive, since it doesn't cover Saturdays. Just got my EP for 1 night. I need to figure out what other night I want EP for. It's begun:jumping1:
seriously. Bet the horses Saturday lol.

Hmm now I'm unsure what to do. The ticket including Saturday jumps up so much in price.

We were going to arrive on Thursday, take the magical express to Disney and stay Thursday and Friday nights, then switch to Universal starting Saturday. But we could be doing the HHNs on that Thursday and Friday...so now I'm torn.

Has anyone gotten the AP links to work for purchasing tickets? When I enter either my or my son's AP numbers, it comes back as invalid. I am entering the entire number on the back.

EDIT: I think they have my AP and my son's marked as expired. Grrr! Now I have to call them back.

Last edited:
Hmm now I'm unsure what to do. The ticket including Saturday jumps up so much in price.

We were going to arrive on Thursday, take the magical express to Disney and stay Thursday and Friday nights, then switch to Universal starting Saturday. But we could be doing the HHNs on that Thursday and Friday...so now I'm torn.

Id price out the difference in current hotel costs & factor it all into your decision. Shocked how much WDW’s values have increased on the weekends, same with the other categories

So...I don't know how to post a screen shot...but, are dates already selling out for the RIP tours? Or, have they just not posted all of the availability yet? Most days in September and Mon/Tues in October are showing no availability.

So...I don't know how to post a screen shot...but, are dates already selling out for the RIP tours? Or, have they just not posted all of the availability yet? Most days in September and Mon/Tues in October are showing no availability.

The day time or night time one? (Why are they calling them both RIP tours this year anyway). They only do RIP tours on event days for either time of day so there would be nothing on Monday or Tuesday. The only day I see sold out in September for the night time is the 21, and everything is open for the daytime tour

Is it common for RIP tours to sell out? How far in advance would anyone suggest booking? We went last year and booked the day before. I don't plan on waiting until the last minute again, but not 100% of the dates we want to do.

The day time or night time one? (Why are they calling them both RIP tours this year anyway). They only do RIP tours on event days for either time of day so there would be nothing on Monday or Tuesday. The only day I see sold out in September for the night time is the 21, and everything is open for the daytime tour
I was looking at the nighttime RIP tours. I am only seeing 7 nights offered in September (16, 20, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30). But, maybe those are the only nights hosting a party?

I'm looking at booking October 24th anyway...I just thought if dates were already selling out, I better get to booking! Is 7 pm typically the first tour of the night? Is there more there one tour for any given time slot? I will be attending with friends, but booking separately.

Is it common for RIP tours to sell out? How far in advance would anyone suggest booking? We went last year and booked the day before. I don't plan on waiting until the last minute again, but not 100% of the dates we want to do.

Are you talking a public tour?

How many in your party?

When did you visit last year?

Asking as all factors contribute to a date selling out as well as just luck of the draw. You may have snagged a cancellation booking the day prior last year.

My crystal ball indicates that Weekends, Columbus Day holiday weekend (although i waited and grabbed a price drop on a public Sunday tour two months out last year), & dates closer to Halloween would be most likely to sell out.:confused3

YMMV, only way to be sure is to book as soon as you do narrow down your date(s). Good luck!

I was looking at the nighttime RIP tours. I am only seeing 7 nights offered in September (16, 20, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30). But, maybe those are the only nights hosting a party?

I'm looking at booking October 24th anyway...I just thought if dates were already selling out, I better get to booking! Is 7 pm typically the first tour of the night? Is there more there one tour for any given time slot? I will be attending with friends, but booking separately.

They usually have a few tour groups at the same time spots. They split you up and put you with different guides. When you set up your tour you can give them the names of the other people you're going with so they will put you in the same group.

Yes the nights that have availability are party nights. It's always better to book early cause they can sell out kinds quickly.

Are you talking a public tour?

How many in your party?

When did you visit last year?

Asking as all factors contribute to a date selling out as well as just luck of the draw. You may have snagged a cancellation booking the day prior last year.

My crystal ball indicates that Weekends, Columbus Day holiday weekend (although i waited and grabbed a price drop on a public Sunday tour two months out last year), & dates closer to Halloween would be most likely to sell out.:confused3

YMMV, only way to be sure is to book as soon as you do narrow down your date(s). Good luck!

Thank you! Last year we went on a Sunday, I think it was 10/22. This year we are visiting from 10/30 to 11/6 - so thinking of doing the public tour for 10/31 and 11/2. I'm worried about 10/31 selling out - but leaving for vacation in a week and really want to hold off booking until we get back.

How are you looking at the available dates for the RIP tours? The page I see says to call in.

EDIT: I think I found the page, but only the day time tours are showing up. Not the public or private RIP night tours. Can anyone else currently see the RIP tours?

How are you looking at the available dates for the RIP tours? The page I see says to call in.

EDIT: I think I found the page, but only the day time tours are showing up. Not the public or private RIP night tours. Can anyone else currently see the RIP tours?
There are two tours listed. Event Tour (nighttime) and Daytime Tour. If you click on "Select Dates" for the Event Tour, it pulls up an availability calendar. Select your date and you get a list of available times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter