"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

A sold out party is better then no party at all. As long as you have a plan going in and set your expectations that it will be crowded you will be fine. Personally if it was me I would go for the one away from Halloween so I would do Sunday. Most locals won't stay late on a Sunday if there kids have school the next day but either way as long as you have a ticket your in so just enjoy what you can and have a great time.
Thanks, we have never been in the fall before and we were going to skip MNSSHP as my kids are older and want to do the haunted nights at Universal. However since we might not be back at this time of year we figure we just have to do the MNSSHP at least this once to see it for ourselves. “Go big or go home” they say! I’m used to just buying regular tickets now I have the hard tickets to buy for this plus Universal and it’s turning into a very expensive vacation!

Last edited:
Thanks, we have never been in the fall before and we were going to skip MNSSHP as my kids are older and want to do the haunted nights at Universal. However since we might not be back at this time of year we figure we just have to do the MNSSHP at least this once to see it for ourselves. “Go big or go home” they say! I’m used to just buying regular tickets now I have the hard tickets to buy for this plus Universal and it’s turning into a very expensive vacation!

Yeah it gets to be expensive. Halloween time at Disney is great. Although I prefer Disneyland over Disney World for Halloween its still a great time. You will have a lot of fun. Depending on the age of your kids Disney Halloween will be much more family friendly then Universal will be. Universals is geared to the older crowd and can be scary for the younger kids. I have not been to the Universal one myself but that is the indication that I get. No matter what your trip will be loads of fun. It will probably still be warm too so if you have time and the extra money the water parks are great also.

Yeah it gets to be expensive. Halloween time at Disney is great. Although I prefer Disneyland over Disney World for Halloween its still a great time. You will have a lot of fun. Depending on the age of your kids Disney Halloween will be much more family friendly then Universal will be. Universals is geared to the older crowd and can be scary for the younger kids. I have not been to the Universal one myself but that is the indication that I get. No matter what your trip will be loads of fun. It will probably still be warm too so if you have time and the extra money the water parks are great also.
My kids will be 19, 16 and almost 12 but the oldest is not coming on this trip. We warned the youngest over and over about Universal being scary but she doesn’t care, she insists she’ll be fine. Bad mom I am I let her watch horror movies and she doesn’t scare so I’m sure she will enjoy it or like she says “I like being scared” lol. We have done the water parks many times before but will probably skip those this time as we have a very full schedule already.

I am planning on 2 parties this year 9/11 and 9/14. Just booked BOG for 9/14! My 1st time at BOG finally! I think one party we will focus on character meets (Jack & Sally again and hopefully Moana), rides, T&T, and pictures. The other will be for parades, fireworks, shows, T&T, pictures. Is this a good plan?

I am planning on 2 parties this year 9/11 and 9/14. Just booked BOG for 9/14! My 1st time at BOG finally! I think one party we will focus on character meets (Jack & Sally again and hopefully Moana), rides, T&T, and pictures. The other will be for parades, fireworks, shows, T&T, pictures. Is this a good plan?
All of these plans from people who are going to two parties really makes me want to do two... I just don’t think it’s in our plans or budget.

My kids will be 19, 16 and almost 12 but the oldest is not coming on this trip. We warned the youngest over and over about Universal being scary but she doesn’t care, she insists she’ll be fine. Bad mom I am I let her watch horror movies and she doesn’t scare so I’m sure she will enjoy it or like she says “I like being scared” lol. We have done the water parks many times before but will probably skip those this time as we have a very full schedule already.

Feel free to find our HHN thread over on the Universal board if you want to discuss HHN!

Sounds pretty good. The only thing I would do is save one character with a long wait for the other party and line up for them before the party starts, meet them when they come out then get on with your night of riding. I'd also obviously do the character night first in case you miss anyone you'll have another shot.

All of these plans from people who are going to two parties really makes me want to do two... I just don’t think it’s in our plans or budget.
We just took a day off of our park tickets and decided to do 2 parties instead to help with the budget. So we have 2 MNSSHP tickets and 4-day PH.

I tried to squeeze everything in during a single party last year and wasn't able to do it all. This year I am AP and get a discount on tickets so that helps with the budget a little. I'm going to be there all week attending a conference for work, so might as well have fun in the evenings! Looking forward to F&W too on the evenings I'm not at MNSSHP.

Feel free to find our HHN thread over on the Universal board if you want to discuss HHN!

Sounds pretty good. The only thing I would do is save one character with a long wait for the other party and line up for them before the party starts, meet them when they come out then get on with your night of riding. I'd also obviously do the character night first in case you miss anyone you'll have another shot.
This is what I was thinking. I only want to meet 2 characters and was thinking the 1st night would be better that is why I chose BOG for the 2nd night.

This is what I was thinking. I only want to meet 2 characters and was thinking the 1st night would be better that is why I chose BOG for the 2nd night.

Oh only 2? I was thinking you just gave 2 as an example haaha. In that case, I'd pay attention here and see if either character starts to meet early, then I'd line up for them before the party start and then try to get the other character during a parade or the fireworks.

Oh only 2? I was thinking you just gave 2 as an example haaha. In that case, I'd pay attention here and see if either character starts to meet early, then I'd line up for them before the party start and then try to get the other character during a parade or the fireworks.
Yeah I'm just not a big character person in general. I was when I was kid, but those were the days when the characters roamed the park and you could just go right up to them and get a picture taken and hug them. I have to REALLY like a character in order to wait in a long line for it now. Sally & Jack and Moana are my only must dos. IF I see another character has a really short wait time I MIGHT jump in that line to meet it, otherwise the other characters are a skip for me.

Yep! Sounds perfect! ::yes:: What time is your reservation?

Yeah I'm just not a big character person in general. I was when I was kid, but those were the days when the characters roamed the park and you could just go right up to them and get a picture taken and hug them. I have to REALLY like a character in order to wait in a long line for it now. Sally & Jack and Moana are my only must dos. IF I see another character has a really short wait time I MIGHT jump in that line to meet it, otherwise the other characters are a skip for me.

There were a few last year we were able to meet on the fly:
Br'er Bear, Br'er Rabbit and Butler Broome from the Haunted Mansion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter