"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

There is way too much drama going on with dessert parties and parade viewing or not and fast passes.

I'm looking forward to all these issues being solved so we can go back to costume talk and speculating about any new characters :)

We can still talk about them. :D I am debating doing something sort of like what I might do for a run disney event - given I’m going to the first party, it’s going to be quite hot and steamy. I am thinking maybe a chewy themed tank top and shorts. I’m not sure about the kids, though.

Has this been confirmed by anyone here yet? I am in that boat...booked 6/1, cancelled 6/20, emailed, but have heard nothing so far.

TISHLOVESDISNEY Go: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/page-157#post-59385251"]here[/URL], [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/page-158#post-59385591"]here[/URL] and [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/page-168#post-59393597"]here[/URL]

@Rich M cancelled too, though I'm not sure what steps he took nor if he's been cancelled.

This is the email people used, not sure if you used the same?
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Also, it was posted that Disney was contacting in the order of the party date? Though I'm not sure I understand that.

TISHLOVESDISNEY Go: here, here and here

@Rich M cancelled too, though I'm not sure what steps he took nor if he's been cancelled.

Also, it was posted that Disney was contacting in the order of the party date? Though I'm not sure I understand that.

I missed the call and still trying to get Winston back on the phone with three messages left for him. If they will let me re-book and get the parade viewing then I will but if not I will just spend that money on the Frozen Party if its offered in October.

There is way too much drama going on with dessert parties and parade viewing or not and fast passes.

There's always going to be a fair amount of discussion going on here, same as any other year. So far we've discussed:
  • Open Attractions during party hours - BTMRR remains the wild card.
  • Tomorrowland Premium Dessert Party - Still missing vital information.
  • FastPasses - A few posts here and there with more to come no doubt.
Through these discussions no one has been vicious or dogmatic to a fellow DISer which is rare IMO. I find it refreshing we respect each other without that type of drama. And I agree, it will be wonderful to get past this stage of planning!

I got my call about 30 minutes ago. We are going to the 10/25 party. I got all of the same info as everyone else. She was really emphasizing that it’s for the first parade and will give us more details once they know the actual times for the parades.

Wow! They're really plowing through them! Did she mention if they were going to call you back with the details or will they email them?

TISHLOVESDISNEY Go: here, here and here

Thanks, I guess I missed that somehow!

Yes, that’s the same email I used, though just emailed on Saturday so I’ll give it some time.

Has anyone else who cancelled after the 18th gotten a call back? I know @Rich M is waiting for a call back....anyone else?

Are there any pros/cons to buying MNSSHP ticket direct from WDW vs. any of the re-sellers? They seem to be the same price, but wondering if one is preferable.

Only monetarily.
When buying from Disney you can pay with Disney Gift Cards and/or Disney Visa Redemption.
When buying from a secondary market, you may have the ability of using a cash back website. Be sure to read the fine print as many have eliminated this feature.

Otherwise there is no advantage. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Ok....doesn't this contradict what some people were emailed about the past couple of days where they were told their FPs would be cancelled since you can't book on a party ticket.

Nope! The fastpass issue is random, same as last year. To date, some DISers have posted success obtaining FP's on their party ticket without issue. No one knows why this is happening or why some are being targeted. We only know it's a random occurrence. Not everyone is effected.

We finally got a hold of Winston today. We re-booked for Oct 16th and we got our parade viewing for it. He did emphasis checking in before 4:30 to make sure we don't miss the parade. Now I just have to what for Frozen Party to come out.

Hey guys, I've been reading through the past ~6 pages and I'm confused. This will be my first MNSSHP, what's the parade viewing? I just see ticket options on the website and it doesn't say anything about parade viewing. Also, I'm an AP but my husband isn't. Do I have to separately buy myself an AP-discounted ticket and then go back and buy his at regular price? The website doesn't seem to let me put one AP and one normal in my cart at the same time. I'm assuming this is like most of the AP discounts (and not like the park hopper ticket sale) where only I get the discount? Sorry for the dumb questions!

Hey guys, I've been reading through the past ~6 pages and I'm confused. This will be my first MNSSHP, what's the parade viewing? I just see ticket options on the website and it doesn't say anything about parade viewing. Also, I'm an AP but my husband isn't. Do I have to separately buy myself an AP-discounted ticket and then go back and buy his at regular price? The website doesn't seem to let me put one AP and one normal in my cart at the same time. I'm assuming this is like most of the AP discounts (and not like the park hopper ticket sale) where only I get the discount? Sorry for the dumb questions!
How you do it I’m not sure but my understanding is that you can buy MNSSHP tickets for hour entire party, all with your AP discount.

I just got a call from Matt. My wife and I, booked the garden viewing on June 1st. Since it was the garden viewing, I didn't think that included a reserved spot for the parade. But Matt said we would have spots for the parade viewing area for the first parade. He said to stop at tomorrow land terrace at 4:30 on the day of our party, and we would get more details then. :)

I didn't think were eligible for parade viewing, so I never called when the website changed.

The parade viewing discussion is relevant to the dessert party (which is an add-on, on top of the party ticket -- purchased separately). But it's only relevant if you bought the dessert party before June 18.

You can get an AP discount on both tickets. So in your case, you should buy 2 w/ the AP discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter