"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

From Disney Parks Blog
  • Merchandise photos & info was released on August 14, 2017
  • Specialty & Anytime Treats were announced on August 17, 2017
  • Disney Photopass for MNSSHP were released on August 23, 2017
From Disney Bloggers
  • Released info on MNSSHP 2017 Pins on August 2, 2017
  • Party Maps were released on Aug 24, 2017, which confirms Parade Times, Hocus Pocus Show, Dance Party, Trick or Treat Locations, Quick Serve Locations, Specialty & Anytime Treats, Merchandise locations and some photopass locations.
Aug 25, 2017 - Night of first party
  • Specialty Popcorn Buckets & info
  • Character information
As you can see, we'll be waiting for a while to see more info.

Since it is now July....should we start seeing more things about the party like special merchandise and all?

YES!!! Thanks to SW having an amazing sale on flights from our home airport last week, I was able to get tickets for the whole family to join me on a trip down for a convention, and yes, it will fall during a party night...2 actually. It will be our 1st ever party.

Oct 8 & 9th. 8th is Columbus day, so I'm inclined to get tickets for the 9th. I know it will be busy regardless, but excited just to be there with my family.

Any thoughts one way or the other on the date choice?

YES!!! Thanks to SW having an amazing sale on flights from our home airport last week, I was able to get tickets for the whole family to join me on a trip down for a convention, and yes, it will fall during a party night...2 actually. It will be our 1st ever party.

Oct 8 & 9th. 8th is Columbus day, so I'm inclined to get tickets for the 9th. I know it will be busy regardless, but excited just to be there with my family.

I would go with 9th also for the reason you stated.

I don’t think there will be a noticable difference in crowds between the parties. I have been to sold out parties and non-sold out parties and I honestly couldn’t even tell the difference.

We picked the 9th over the 8th.

So we have finally started planning a trip...so Oct 21st (sunday) or Oct 23 (tuesday)? We arrive friday the 19th and depart on the 24th. (the 24th is my birthday sad day) We have 2 little ones who will be turning 2 and 4 while we are on our trip (anyone catch that yet...my husband HATES oct sometimes) Trying to figure out which party date would be the least crowded as far as being able to enjoy all the fun. Sunday or Tuesday

If you do not have tickets to the party what time do you have to leave the park at 6pm or 7pm?

If I make a 6pm dining reservation at MK is that allowed if you do not have a party tickets. Done the party 10 years in a row taking a break this year to do tours instead. Just want to plan accordingly

Oh wow, 7:00 or 7:30 seems way too early for the first parade...they probably won’t have all the nonparty-goers cleared out by then!

Hopefully the CM just meant that you can start waiting for the parade in the designated area at 7:00 or 7:30, with the parade starting at 8:00 or something!

I think it must be the time for gathering they are referring to and this is pointing to the first parade being in the 8:15 to 8:30 range because in 2016 when the parade was early, my confirmation did say gather at parade viewing area starting at 7:30.

So we have finally started planning a trip...so Oct 21st (sunday) or Oct 23 (tuesday)? We arrive friday the 19th and depart on the 24th. (the 24th is my birthday sad day) We have 2 little ones who will be turning 2 and 4 while we are on our trip (anyone catch that yet...my husband HATES oct sometimes) Trying to figure out which party date would be the least crowded as far as being able to enjoy all the fun. Sunday or Tuesday
I can't say which will be the least crowded but my DH and I opted for doing the party on the last night of our trip. On one hand it would be a great way to end the trip and on the other we knew that the party night would be a late one and preferred for them to be cranky and tired on the trip home as opposed to the next day in the parks. A weekday also seems like it would be less crowded but once you get that close to Halloween, it may not really have much of a difference.

From Disney Parks Blog
  • Party Maps were released on Aug 24, 2017, which confirms Parade Times, Hocus Pocus Show, Dance Party, Trick or Treat Locations, Quick Serve Locations, Specialty & Anytime Treats, Merchandise locations and some photopass locations.
As you can see, we'll be waiting for a while to see more info.

Wow. We are going the first night, and I've been trying to develop a plan that utilizes the first parade. So it sounds like I may not actually know the time of the parade until I actually show up at MK that eve. (Guess I'll need to develop one plan that assumes 8:30 and one that assumes 9:15...)

Thanks FoxC63! I would have continued assuming 9:15pm if I hadn't read your post...

If I make a 6pm dining reservation at MK is that allowed if you do not have a party tickets. Done the party 10 years in a row taking a break this year to do tours instead. Just want to plan accordingly
The park closes to day guests at 6 p.m. Your dinner reservation would have to be before that (the different restaurants at MK say their regular hours vs. party hours on their pages on Disney's website). Starting at 7, you will have to have a party wristband to do anything in the park -- ride, eat, shop, even use the restroom.

The park closes to day guests at 6 p.m. Your dinner reservation would have to be before that (the different restaurants at MK say their regular hours vs. party hours on their pages on Disney's website). Starting at 7, you will have to have a party wristband to do anything in the park -- ride, eat, shop, even use the restroom.

I have a plaza reservation at 6:05pm the system did not ask for tickets when I booked it I assume they would honor the reservation. I am not looking to do any of the party stuff or take advantage of something I am not paying for. Just want to eat at 6 and leave right after. that 6pm to 7pm hour widow i assume is the same as a regular close to clear people out

I have a plaza reservation at 6:05pm the system did not ask for tickets when I booked it I assume they would honor the reservation. I am not looking to do any of the party stuff or take advantage of something I am not paying for. Just want to eat at 6 and leave right after. that 6pm to 7pm hour widow i assume is the same as a regular close to clear people out
Plaza shows regular hours until 7pm on party nights, so I guess you're good to go!

I think it must be the time for gathering they are referring to and this is pointing to the first parade being in the 8:15 to 8:30 range because in 2016 when the parade was early, my confirmation did say gather at parade viewing area starting at 7:30.
I was thinking the same thing. When we did the MVMCP dessert party in 2016, our gathering time at the parade spot was around 7-7:30. That's what I'm guessing the CM was referring to.

You cannot start dinner after 6pm. I would try and move it earlier or at the very least show up 15 minutes early. I think they will seat you, but I would also be prepared that they may not.

You cannot start dinner after 6pm. I would try and move it earlier or at the very least show up 15 minutes early. I think they will seat you, but I would also be prepared that they may not.

Maybe just show up at 5:55 PM and then you will be good. I can't imagine Disney throwing you out when you have a reservation at 6:05. Plaza is not listed as a Halloween Party dining option so I think you will be fine.

Wow. We are going the first night, and I've been trying to develop a plan that utilizes the first parade. So it sounds like I may not actually know the time of the parade until I actually show up at MK that eve. (Guess I'll need to develop one plan that assumes 8:30 and one that assumes 9:15...)

Thanks FoxC63! I would have continued assuming 9:15pm if I hadn't read your post...

Exactly. I really feel for you and anyone attending the first parties. Many of you will already be at WDW when the information you need is released. @monique5 and I will update our threads asap which is easily accessible via cell or any device.

On the Itinerary Thread each category is broken down for easier access and I hope all of you utilize it for quick reference and strongly suggest you familiarize yourself to its layout which can be viewed here:

While at WDW and during the party, if you have any questions please feel free to post them. We're all here to help you and will be monitoring the threads during the entire party so you do have a support system in place at your finger tips.

For those who have the dessert package with parade viewing and with the possibility of the parade time changing one hour earlier, have any of you guys looked at your ADR? Will you need to make changes? Is it too late to make changes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter