"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

So after the whole dessert party debacle, I am leaning towards cancelling it. I realized that with my current plans, we'll have 3 dessert parties in a row (SW on 9/15, Hallowishes on 9/16, and HEA on 9/17.)
I was going to surprise DH with the Hallowishes party, but I cave and told him last night. Going through my daily plans is when I figured it out.
Out of the 3 parties I have booked, I feel like the Hallowishes one is the one I have the least amount to lose as far as having a spot for the parade and fireworks since I feel like it'll be the easiest to wait in a spot. It's more important for me to do the HEA party and avoid the mass of bodies in the hub since we've never seen HEA.
Am I wrong in this line of thinking?

Just save it until you know for 100 percent sure since if you cancel and then try to call back to get your parade view they might just say not again.

Whew! Take a couple weeks to travel for some R&R with limited internet access and you come back to over 60 pages of posts LOL! I've finally caught up and I think I'm up to date on what we currently know. Sounds like the BTMRR refrurb is off the table for now and it remains to be seen if it's open for the party or just the day. Excited to hear FPs appear to be available on party tickets again this year. Not doing a dessert party this year and I'm not envious of those who dealt with the parade fiasco. I'm glad Disney is attempting to make things right with the call backs but boy oh boy do I feel bad for the CM who has to explain to guests why some are allowed parade viewing access and others are not. That IMHO is a ticking time bomb haha. Only item that gives me pause is the 1st parade start time. Not a big deal if it changes to an earlier time since were seeing the 2nd, but I'd like to ride 7DMT during the 1st parade so I may have to tweak my itinerary. Anywho, just wanted to say thank you to everyone keeping me up to date and sharing your experiences!

One question: Since I'm not doing a dessert party, would 30 minutes prior to the fireworks be ample time to find a decent viewing spot in front of the castle? Going Friday 9/14.

Just save it until you know for 100 percent sure since if you cancel and then try to call back to get your parade view they might just say not again.
Oh, definitely. I plan to hold onto it until we do our final review of plans before the trip.

Whew! Take a couple weeks to travel for some R&R with limited internet access and you come back to over 60 pages of posts LOL! I've finally caught up and I think I'm up to date on what we currently know. Sounds like the BTMRR refrurb is off the table for now and it remains to be seen if it's open for the party or just the day. Excited to hear FPs appear to be available on party tickets again this year. Not doing a dessert party this year and I'm not envious of those who dealt with the parade fiasco. I'm glad Disney is attempting to make things right with the call backs but boy oh boy do I feel bad for the CM who has to explain to guests why some are allowed parade viewing access and others are not. That IMHO is a ticking time bomb haha. Only item that gives me pause is the 1st parade start time. Not a big deal if it changes to an earlier time since were seeing the 2nd, but I'd like to ride 7DMT during the 1st parade so I may have to tweak my itinerary. Anywho, just wanted to say thank you to everyone keeping me up to date and sharing your experiences!

One question: Since I'm not doing a dessert party, would 30 minutes prior to the fireworks be ample time to find a decent viewing spot in front of the castle? Going Friday 9/14.
I think the parade thing might be managed by them having them check in at 4:30 for the parade viewing info

Oh, definitely. I plan to hold onto it until we do our final review of plans before the trip.

I would also wait to hear from the first group of victims, oops I mean brave people who can't cancel because its too late, party goers and see where the parade viewing is at. It could turn out to be an amazing place that makes it worth everything or it can turn out we are all in a partial blocked obstructed view that causes the rest of us to cancel faster then we can say Halloween. BTW did I thank all those people going in August that are so nice to tell us if it was worth it or not??? :worship::worship:

I would also wait to hear from the first group of victims, oops I mean brave people who can't cancel because its too late, party goers and see where the parade viewing is at. It could turn out to be an amazing place that makes it worth everything or it can turn out we are all in a partial blocked obstructed view that causes the rest of us to cancel faster then we can say Halloween. BTW did I thank all those people going in August that are so nice to tell us if it was worth it or not??? :worship::worship:

I can't imagine going to one of those first parties, basing my plans on last year and crossing my fingers that not much changes! They're rock stars!

Just curious, can people who have been to one of the first few MNSSHP parties each year share their experiences here? Were they awful?? So many seem to be fearful of the first few parties and I'm honestly not understanding why. I've been to one of the first MVMCP a couple of different years and had a fabulous time each party! Is it somehow different with the Halloween party in that it takes them a few to get their groove on or are people mainly referring to those going to the dessert parties and the list of unknowns about parade viewing location, etc?

Just curious, can people who have been to one of the first few MNSSHP parties each year share their experiences here? Were they awful?? So many seem to be fearful of the first few parties and I'm honestly not understanding why. I've been to one of the first MVMCP a couple of different years and had a fabulous time each party! Is it somehow different with the Halloween party in that it takes them a few to get their groove on or are people mainly referring to those going to the dessert parties and the list of unknowns about parade viewing location, etc?

May I ask when was the last time you attended MNSSHP?

I think some people are fearful that there will be a repeat of the first party from a few years ago when they didn’t enforce the removal of nonparty guests. So it was a madhouse because of the extra people who weren’t supposed to be there, and people were understandably upset about sharing the party with people who hadn’t paid for it.

May I ask when was the last time you attended MNSSHP?
Never. That's why I'm asking.

I'm reading things like, 'I can't imagine going to one of those first parties' and wondering if people are talking about the parade viewing situation with the dessert party or the party in general?

I think some people are fearful that there will be a repeat of the first party from a few years ago when they didn’t enforce the removal of nonparty guests. So it was a madhouse because of the extra people who weren’t supposed to be there, and people were understandably upset about sharing the party with people who hadn’t paid for it.

Thanks! That helps me better understand! Appreciate your help.

Thanks! That helps me better understand! Appreciate your help.

I think it is also about how they keep telling us you will find out info at the party and how Disney seems to just throw things together sometimes. They say never buy the first apple product when it comes out because of the glitches. So I guess some of us are grateful we aren't the first party but if I was there during that time I wouldn't hesitate to do it. I would probable skip the dessert party for lack of information.

I think it is also about how they keep telling us you will find out info at the party and how Disney seems to just throw things together sometimes. They say never buy the first apple product when it comes out because of the glitches. So I guess some of us are grateful we aren't the first party but if I was there during that time I wouldn't hesitate to do it. I would probable skip the dessert party for lack of information.

I agree with this. There is typically so little info available before the first party that those attending that party are kind of the "guinea pigs." It's also busy due to bloggers. Personally if I had the dessert party booked and we weren't told before that party where the parade viewing area is, I'd cancel it. But then, I'm a planner who hates not knowing what's going on.

One party I am very curious about though and I hope does go off with no problems is Space Mountain. I really hope its as easy as a switch of a button for them to go from non-party time to Party time with the special Halloween stuff.

Thanks @Rich M and @areno79. Your responses make sense and make me feel better.

As much as I’m s planner, I’m also one who enjoys the excitement of something new. (Yup, I would have been one of those people lining up in the middle of the night to experience Toy Story Land last Saturday!)

I’m going to an early party (no dessert party for us) and excited to be going!!

One party I am very curious about though and I hope does go off with no problems is Space Mountain. I really hope its as easy as a switch of a button for them to go from non-party time to Party time with the special Halloween stuff.

Space Mountain isn't different for the party. :confused:

Thanks @Rich M and @areno79. Your responses make sense and make me feel better.

As much as I’m s planner, I’m also one who enjoys the excitement of something new. (Yup, I would have been one of those people lining up in the middle of the night to experience Toy Story Land last Saturday!)

I’m going to an early party (no dessert party for us) and excited to be going!!

You will have a great time regardless as long as you have a plan. A sold out party is better then no party at all. Have a great trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter