"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

For those who only had party tickets are arrived around 3:00-4:00, were both the monorail and ferry open or were you forced to take one or the other?

Hi!

We arrived at the TTC around 2:45 on 9/9/18, and both the ferries plus the monorails were open and running. I would assume it would be the same for every MNSSHP date. I think monorail would be faster to get over to MK, but since we weren't in any great hurry, and since there was a ferry already at the dock, we took the ferry.

If you want to be let in to MK right at 4:00, I think you should get to the MK gates no later than 3:15 or 3:20...possibly earlier if you are going toward the end of October. Look for any entrance that is labeled "Event Entrance," and get in line at one that a bunch of people aren't already crowding. For some reason, when we arrived at 3:20, almost everyone was piled up at the middle three or four entrances. We found an entrance to the right closest to the DVC entrance where no one was standing yet, so we stood there and ended up being the first people let in for the party around 3:55.

Take water and possibly an umbrella to shield yourself from the sun because that 35 minutes we spent waiting there at the entrance were some of the hottest minutes I've ever experienced in my life, and I'm a Florida native.

Have fun at your party! I hope you'll have beautiful weather!

Hi!

We arrived at the TTC around 2:45 on 9/9/18, and both the ferries plus the monorails were open and running. I would assume it would be the same for every MNSSHP date. I think monorail would be faster to get over to MK, but since we weren't in any great hurry, and since there was a ferry already at the dock, we took the ferry.

If you want to be let in to MK right at 4:00, I think you should get to the MK gates no later than 3:15 or 3:20...possibly earlier if you are going toward the end of October. Look for any entrance that is labeled "Event Entrance," and get in line at one that a bunch of people aren't already crowding. For some reason, when we arrived at 3:20, almost everyone was piled up at the middle three or four entrances. We found an entrance to the right closest to the DVC entrance where no one was standing yet, so we stood there and ended up being the first people let in for the party around 3:55.

Take water and possibly an umbrella to shield yourself from the sun because that 35 minutes we spent waiting there at the entrance were some of the hottest minutes I've ever experienced in my life, and I'm a Florida native.

Have fun at your party! I hope you'll have beautiful weather!

Thank you! Right now 10% chance of rain all day but I’m taking that with a HUGE grain of salt.

What do you carry your collected treats in?

Last year, we used a bunch of drawstring backpacks but that was heavy and kind of dug into our shoulders - any awesome solutions that also fit with your costumes? Let's see what you got!

Last year, we used a bunch of drawstring backpacks but that was heavy and kind of dug into our shoulders - any awesome solutions that also fit with your costumes? Let's see what you got!
We used the bag they gave out

A lot of people use reusable grocery bags or gallon ziploc bags.

I put a big ziploc-style bag (I think they are 2.5 gallon and are not Ziploc brand) in a canvas tote bag. If you use the bag they provide, your candy could get wet on rides even if it isn’t raining. Also, your candy could fall out.

I was Disneybounding as Cinderella, so I got some Cinderella appliques (patches) from Amazon. I attached them to the tote bag with Velcro.

Best Aunt, post: 59738849, member: 237509"]I thought it was a system-wide

Oddly, photos come in via Android app. Just no magic photos. No pics via computer browser which has the broken message for all photos

Last edited:
Just arrived in Orlando earlier tonight and neither I-75 nor the FL Turnpike felt any busier than usual. If crowd levels increase for tonight’s party, so be it. I’ll gladly share the Park with a few extra people if it can temporarily get their mind off the havoc that storm is wreaking.
We are from SC and decided to evacuate here due to having APs. We thought it would give us something fun to do while we wait it out. We know 3 other families coming to Disney and a few others coming to Orlando for other parks. We are not doing the party tonight bc we will be back for an October party but I seriously considered it. Hope all have a great party tonight!

Got in at 5pm. Definitely crowded at the entrance, I guess a lot of people decided to wait and see what the weather was going to be like.... well i predict lots of melted chocolate :)
First in line for pooh and friends, got in line at 5:45 the line snakes down toward the tea party now

I really hope someone can help me.

I went to MNSSHP on 9/9/2018. I purchased my tickets that day, so I did not use my magic band. I had some magic shots taken and received the photo pass card. I can see all of my photos on mydisneyphotopass.com

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the one day Memory Maker. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanking you in advance!

I really hope someone can help me.

I went to MNSSHP on 9/9/2018. I purchased my tickets that day, so I did not use my magic band. I had some magic shots taken and received the photo pass card. I can see all of my photos on mydisneyphotopass.com

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the one day Memory Maker. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanking you in advance!

Did you meet the following times?
The Memory Maker Window begins at 6am EST on the day you use the 1D theme park admission with which MM is bundled at purchase or if MM was purchased separately, the date the photo selected on the MDE app, or of applicable, onMyDisneyPhotoPass.com when purchasing MM or when linking a previously purchased MM code to your Disney account and ends at 5:59am EST on the following day. (i.e. The 1D Memory Maker can be purchased in the app, after you have a photo loaded into your account, click on the photo, and you will get the option to purchase either the 30-day MM for $169, or the 1-day MM for $69).

Best Aunt has the right answer. We bought our tickets online three weeks before our party and were emailed a confirmation with a barcode. When we got to the TTC, I realized I'd forgotten to print out that email, and I couldn't find it quickly on my phone, but the CM said he didn't need it. They are able to look it up with just the credit card you used to buy the tickets plus your ID. Obviously, if you remember to print out the email or save it to your phone as a PDF, it might be a little quicker for the CM. Just don't forget your credit card and ID; they'll need that no matter what.

We didn't have MagicBands either, so like Best Aunt says, they just give you plastic credit-card-sized "tickets" with RFID chips in them. They work exactly like the MagicBands when you hold them up to the Mickey icon at the entrance and for your FastPass rides.

Have fun on Tuesday! Hope you'll have beautiful weather!

Eeek! My bank gave me a new card (same account, but different number on the card). I knew I was supposed to keep my old one for going to WDW but I’ve just realised that I forgot and destroyed the old one. :scared:

Surely I can’t be the only one who has done this, and it’s still the same account, so hopefully it won’t cause too much of a problem. I will try to remember to allow more time to deal with it all though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter